Fried Shrimp certain nights at Cape May Cafe?

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
Hello Disney dinning experts! I have a fairly straight forward question, but just can't seem to find it anywhere... At Cape May Cafe for dinner, do they only do Fried Shrimp on certain nights of the week and if so which?

This is what I found on AllEars which was last updated October 2018 for Cape May:

Seafood Selections - Steamed Mussels with Tomato Fennel Broth, Fried Clam Strips, Paella (Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs & Sat), Bacalao (Tues & Fri), Snow Crab Legs, Steamed Clams, Herb-Marinated Salmon, Batter-Fried Shrimp (Sun & Wed), Batter-Fried Calamari (Tue & Fri), Fried Cod Nuggets (Mon, Thurs & Sat)

This is what I found on AllEars which was last updated October 2018 for Cape May:

Seafood Selections - Steamed Mussels with Tomato Fennel Broth, Fried Clam Strips, Paella (Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs & Sat), Bacalao (Tues & Fri), Snow Crab Legs, Steamed Clams, Herb-Marinated Salmon, Batter-Fried Shrimp (Sun & Wed), Batter-Fried Calamari (Tue & Fri), Fried Cod Nuggets (Mon, Thurs & Sat)
Thanks for this! I have a reservation for July- mostly for the steamed clams and crab legs, which are not listed for the day we had scheduled- I just changed it, so hopefully we'll get them. I know it isn't set in stone.

Looks like the only things that change are the fried option (shrimp, cod, or calamari) and the paella vs bacalao. Everything else should be available daily.

Thanks! If this is correct, we will miss the Fried Shrimp. :( We have a Saturday reservation...

Fried items rotate and ribs/chicken thigh in mushroom sauce rotates. Everything else listed is nightly (based on availability of course).

I currently work there and when I trained a few months ago it was Fried Cod Nuggets and BBQ Pork Ribs on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Calamari and Chicken thigh in mushroom sauce on Tuesdays and Fridays. Fried Shrimp and Chicken thigh in mushroom sauce on Sundays and Wednesdays. They are also putting out seafood cakes on the buffet but the days are random right now. Paella is every night.

Looks like the only things that change are the fried option (shrimp, cod, or calamari) and the paella vs bacalao. Everything else should be available daily.
That’s what I was going to say. Everything on there except the various fried items I’ve had every time I’ve been there, regardless of the day.

Fried items rotate and ribs/chicken thigh in mushroom sauce rotates. Everything else listed is nightly (based on availability of course).

I currently work there and when I trained a few months ago it was Fried Cod Nuggets and BBQ Pork Ribs on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Calamari and Chicken thigh in mushroom sauce on Tuesdays and Fridays. Fried Shrimp and Chicken thigh in mushroom sauce on Sundays and Wednesdays. They are also putting out seafood cakes on the buffet but the days are random right now. Paella is every night.
The paella is one of my favorite items there! That and the clam chowder.

Do they still have the fried clam strips? What night are those?

Are there also pasta dishes that rotate?

Fried clam strips are every night. Pasta dishes are every night also. Of course, always subject to change!
That’s good. I saw a menu (probably an older one) where the pasta choices rotated. And the clams were certain nights

They only have Crab Legs on certain nights now? when did that change? I thought they had the crab legs every night

They only have Crab Legs on certain nights now? when did that change? I thought they had the crab legs every night

You're not reading the food listing correcly. Everything separated by commas with no days in parentheses before the final comma, is offered every day. Crab is every day. They should revamp the way the food is listed, maybe with bullet points separating the dishes.

You're not reading the food listing correcly. Everything separated by commas with no days in parentheses before the final comma, is offered every day. Crab is every day. They should revamp the way the food is listed, maybe with bullet points separating the dishes.
OMGOODNESS Thank you!! Got worried there for a minute lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter