Friends Visiting...pool policy?

thernandez

Earning My Ears
My family of four is visiting next week and on one of the days two friends of ours are visiting during their cruise port day. We just happen to have a cabana (for 6) reserved that day and it would be awesome to host them since we have the space (and they wouldn't be taking cherished chair space away from paying guests!)

Based on the posted pool wristband policy it seems pretty cut and dry (our friends wouldn't be able to use the pool), but I'm curious if anyone has first hand experience with a similar situation, or with hosting non-hotel guests in a cabana?

Last edited:
The wristband policy applies to both the pools and the lounge chairs, including the cabanas. You could “chance your arm” as my wife would say, but it would be really embarrassing for your friends if they were asked to leave.

What kind of room do you have? We had a two bedroom last year and only had 4 people We had 3 friends coming for the day and I simply added them to our room the night before so they got a key to use all the facilities and free parking.
It's a standard room, max 4 people but good to keep in mind for next time! Thanks!

The wristband policy applies to both the pools and the lounge chairs, including the cabanas. You could “chance your arm” as my wife would say, but it would be really embarrassing for your friends if they were asked to leave.

Thanks for confirming. I figured as much and yes, I'd hate for them to shuttle all the way over to the resort from the port only to be turned away in shame! :)

As someone in another thread mentioned, they could pay for a room for the day and enjoy all of Aulani's amenities as their port adventure.

We were the friends in their situation a few years ago. We had just purchased Aulani dvc and wanted to use the pool for the day with our friends. We went pretty high up the chain of command and couldn’t get any time there. We had lunch at the restaurant and toured but I facilities. The policy is very very strict. And having visited now I get it. It’s very crowded and should In my opinion be limited to resort guests.

Yup, no wrist band no go unfortunately. We were told to leave the pool area since we didn't have the bands as we were waiting for everyone at the makahiki (didn't stay there). You can risk it but like other have said, might be embarrassing for them to have to leave when and if they find out.

Couldn’t someone always be “visiting a friend” to enjoy the amenities if that was allowed?
Yes, the nuance in this case is that I'm not trying to "work the system," rather paying for a cabana with an established rate that accommodates this exact number of people and has a separate check-in process where they could be checked in formally. I was trying to determine if that somehow superseded the wristband policy, but clearly the answer is NO; It's not just X people, it's X hotel guests.

Thanks for the info and guidance everyone!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter