Frizz

momto4kid

Earning My Ears
Ok, I’ve been to Disney lots of times but this will be the first time with short hair, well too short for a pony tail. I have naturally curly/wavy hair. In Florida it’s not pretty!! All I can say is Frizz. Any products that work well? Any advice appreciated!

Ok, I’ve been to Disney lots of times but this will be the first time with short hair, well too short for a pony tail. I have naturally curly/wavy hair. In Florida it’s not pretty!! All I can say is Frizz. Any products that work well? Any advice appreciated!

I use chi and flat iron my hair and then another product (any smoothing syrum) to finish. Normally I don’t have an issue and I go in the summer.

I’ll add my hair does frizz easy so if I did nothing it would be a poofy mess, thank god I live in a time of good hair products to help! And I have a chin length bob so no way is that going in a ponytail.

A friend of mine is a bit obsessed with her hair. She HATES frizz. The only thing that worked for her is one of those keratin treatments. She had it professionally done. It’s a process, I think there was a day or two when you can’t wash your hair

A friend of mine is a bit obsessed with her hair. She HATES frizz. The only thing that worked for her is one of those keratin treatments. She had it professionally done. It’s a process, I think there was a day or two when you can’t wash your hair

I’ve always wanted one of those but where I am they are like 300 bucks. So nope, not in my budget right now. But I know others that swear by them.

I have wavy/curly hair as well, though it is longer. I use the Redken frizz dismiss line of styling products and it works wonders. They have different levels of control that work for different hair and frizz types. I like the cream product, but it can weigh your hair down if you use too much.

I’ve always wanted one of those but where I am they are like 300 bucks. So nope, not in my budget right now. But I know others that swear by them.
I wouldn’t mind getting it done myself but I agree, too expensive. My friend is single, no kids & has a great job. She spends a lot of money on her hair.

Michael Frieda Frizz-Ease products work pretty well, although a little goes a long way. I only have experience with the “Secret Weapon” touch-up cream, but there’s a whole line of those products now.

If you have curly hair, look into the curly girl method. It takes a while to transition but it will change your life. I love these Kinky Curly leave in and Deva Curl Arc Angel gel for frizz fighting leave ins.

While in Florida embrace your curly/wavy hair and just show it some love. Don't even try to fight it. You will lose. I like Aveda "Be Curley". After washing my hair I apply the " Be Curley" (a little goes a long way), air dry or lightly blow dry, and just fluff up those curls and waves for a stylish beach look. Carefree and easy-happy hair happy girl.

While in Florida embrace your curly/wavy hair and just show it some love. Don't even try to fight it. You will lose. I like Aveda "Be Curley". After washing my hair I apply the " Be Curley" (a little goes a long way), air dry or lightly blow dry, and just fluff up those curls and waves for a stylish beach look. Carefree and easy-happy hair happy girl.

I have very curly hair (type 3b/c if you know the curly scale, it's flat ironed in my profile picture) that is very prone to frizz, especially in humidity. When at Disney, the best way for me to avoid frizz is to make sure my hair is dry or at least mostly dry before going into the park. I do not blow dry my hair so sometimes that means styling at night then plopping it on the top of my head to sleep--or if I was lazy--just making sure it has enough time to mostly dry in the morning after putting product in.

My Disney hair routine: I don't shampoo, but co-wash with the resort conditioner if needed, then use a moisturizing hair mask almost every shower at Disney, as I find the water there a bit harsh, then style with a spray leave-in, a detangling slippy type leave-in, and gel. Then kind of just continue to scrunch and separate my curls occasionally until my hair is dry. If you do blow dry your hair, you could always bring a diffuser attachment and work in a product that is a little heavier than your daily one to help with the additional humidity.

Other than that, I remind myself that my hair is going to get windblown, and therefore at least somewhat frizzy the minute I start going on any rides. I always bring hair ties (either the phone cord ones, or now that scrunchies are back in, those), since your hair is short though, maybe carry a head/hair band, especially one that goes all the way around your head to keep your hair off the back of your neck? I also run my damp hands through my hair after washing them through out the day to reset the styling products, and am not above running some of the hand cream I keep in my bag through my hair if it's looking super crazy.

If you have curly hair, look into the curly girl method. It takes a while to transition but it will change your life. I love these Kinky Curly leave in and Deva Curl Arc Angel gel for frizz fighting leave ins.

I used to SWEAR by Frizz-Ease. I loved their products and didn't care to switch. Then I decided to try the Deva Curl after balking at the price for a long time. If I didn't experience the difference in my hair after switching to the paraben/silicone free I wouldn't believe it.
Life Changing.
That being said, what works on one persons hair might not on another, so sometimes it's a bit of a trial & error process.
I booked my first Deva cut months ago, it is in a few weeks. I can't wait.
I've started researching some less pricey alternatives to the Deva Curl brand products, and hope to transition to them soon, but I must admit they do a darn good job.

When in FL (or anywhere with lots of humidity) I embrace the texture. I wash hair normally, but then scrunch in conditioner and rinse. I will scrunch to get the excess water out then wrap in a t-shirt. I scrunch (notice a trend) in equal parts of an anti-frizz cream and a curl boosting gel blended together then let air dry for a bit. Just before I leave I spray an air-dry hair lotion on it and put on a headband/hairwrap and go.

Another idea is to roll an pin the hair like a crown around your head.

I used to SWEAR by Frizz-Ease. I loved their products and didn't care to switch. Then I decided to try the Deva Curl after balking at the price for a long time. If I didn't experience the difference in my hair after switching to the paraben/silicone free I wouldn't believe it.
Life Changing.
That being said, what works on one persons hair might not on another, so sometimes it's a bit of a trial & error process.
I booked my first Deva cut months ago, it is in a few weeks. I can't wait.
I've started researching some less pricey alternatives to the Deva Curl brand products, and hope to transition to them soon, but I must admit they do a darn good job.

You'll love your Devacut. I'm attaching a before and after cutting out shampoo/silicones pic and then an after Devacut pic. Such a difference!

Attachments

• comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 15
  • hair 3.JPG
    hair 3.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 16
I use Living Proof no frizz shampoo and conditioner, then use Miss Jessie's Multicultural curls (only this formula...i've tried the "clear" and "pillow soft" and didn't like either) and let it air dry in the AC. Tames the frizz wonderfully. I'm not multicultural, but have very curly hair and I love this product.

I used Deva Curl and Ouidad heat and humidity and have had good luck with both. I also condition my hair every morning in FL and it seems to help.

You'll love your Devacut. I'm attaching a before and after cutting out shampoo/silicones pic and then an after Devacut pic. Such a difference!

OMG your hair looks amazing! I tried the Curly Girl method and feel off the wagon, but I may have to try again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter