From Marie to Minnie...Our Paris and DLP adventure.. completed 7/10

OP here

This is my last installment on this trip report. YAY....I completed my trip report...

Lets start with the things that I wish we would have done differently.

Magically Shuttle from DLP to CDG was just not a good fit, and absolutely no Disney magic in this ride. We both agreed that we should have just booked Eyzshuttle back to the airport, honestly I feel this was a real miss step for us... If you do choose to use this service, know that you are on your own, you will need to load and unload your bags from under the bus, the driver does not assist in any way, nor was anyone available to assist you from the hotel. So if you need help even a little, take this into consideration. I hope that in the future that Disney will be offering bus service to and from the airports.

A few things that I learned...

Dealing with the strikes, especially dealing with our trip over. I might should have done more research into when they were planning to strike and look for either a different time of year, or another airline. We would fly with Air France again, the trip back to the US was great.

Striking is a way of life in France and they are famous for it. Taking that into consideration, when planning is very important. As we did not use the metro/trains the whole time. We did learn that the strikes effect just about everything so be prepared with alternate plans. Rolling with the punches so to speak is what travel is all about.

Understanding that you need a plan b or plan c, when you are touring. As hours or days opened are left up to the discretion of the employees.

Things that I am glad I did prepare for...

I am very glad that I did spend some time learning some french, while I'm not very good. It did get us by and I am still practicing and learning some more for our next trip.

Learning the customs, and expected manners was very important when out shopping or eating. Being a good guest and respectful did go along way.

I put in hours of planning and research into this trip, and I was so glad that I did, we had a very good idea of what we wanted to do, and options before we got there. Such as hop on hop off buses, museum pass, and tours.

Luggage and packing..

1 large checked bag, 1 roll on and 1 personal item...per person ...NO more than that.

We have been traveling for quite sometime now, so I have learned to scale down with out sacrificing some style, and comfort.

Mix your clothing, DH and I share both bags, so that if one doesn't make it we both have something to wear.

Mixing your clothing also helps with the weight of the bags.

Clothing

Comfortable shoes are important, honestly after all the walking I could not have cared how cute or ugly my shoes were as long as they did not hurt my feet.

A rain coat or rain jacket with a hood, and a good warm jacket were a must for this trip.

Layer clothing... I brought a few cami's and couple of long sleeve solid color cotton t-shirts and I was so glad that I did.

A couple of Scarves easy way to change up your look and keep warm.

Final Thoughts

This trip was absolutely amazing... and I can not wait to return to France... When traveling immerse yourself in the culture and customs. Use your best manners as you are a guest in someone else home. We found that we are all just people, and when you smile and show them how interested in their culture, history, and way of life. Everyone relax's and you get a better experience overall. Be prepared for the unexpected... and go with the flow...

Heureux et en securite voyage ( Happy and Safe Travels)

Au revoir jusqu a la prochaine fois ( Good bye until next time)

Magically Shuttle from DLP to CDG was just not a good fit, and absolutely no Disney magic in this ride. We both agreed that we should have just booked Eyzshuttle back to the airport, honestly I feel this was a real miss step for us... If you do choose to use this service, know that you are on your own, you will need to load and unload your bags from under the bus, the driver does not assist in any way, nor was anyone available to assist you from the hotel. So if you need help even a little, take this into consideration. I hope that in the future that Disney will be offering bus service to and from the airports.

We took the shuttle from CDG to DLP and our driver loaded our bags and took them off the bus. I think you just had a driver that didn't want to do it. Maybe we got lucky with a driver that was more helpful than was necessary, but that wouldn't be a reason for me not to book it. It was easy to use.

Yes, but you said you'd do the meal plan again, because of the breakfast (or that's how I interpreted it), but if you book club level, without meal plan, you get the same breakfast, but if you book a standard room with meal plan, you get a different breakfast

Yes I agree with you and your right. I should have said, I would book everything the same way again.

We took the shuttle from CDG to DLP and our driver loaded our bags and took them off the bus. I think you just had a driver that didn't want to do it. Maybe we got lucky with a driver that was more helpful than was necessary, but that wouldn't be a reason for me not to book it. It was easy to use.

I am glad that you had a wonderful experience and a helpful driver, boy how I wish we did. Unfortunately for us the whole bus trip was not good. While DH and I had no problem physically storing our luggage, we did help a older couple and a lady with several very small kids and a pile of luggage, strollers, and diaper bags and her husband had to run to the restroom with one of the other children having a emergency potty moment. The driver stood there and watched the woman struggle and would not move to help her. We jump in and helped along with another man. We did not and do not mind helping anyone out. I say this so that if someone has physical limitations that they can be aware that this could happen. The bus was so hot I thought I was going to be sick, a man a few row behind us, walked up to the driver and said if you don't turn on the air my wife is going to vomit all over... the driver did then turn on the air conditioning. The bus was very dirty, my husband was like do you have any those wipes left, thankful I did. Once we arrived at the airport, he parked in the worst spot, and there were plenty of other spots... it was chaos trying to get our bags and walk over to try to get into the terminal... and not get run over with other buses pulling in.

That's the great thing about the DIS everyone has a different experience and different thoughts. We all share our trips, thoughts and tips which in turn helps everyone make a better choice for their family.

OP here...

I just pulled up my trip report to go back and see what I had put on my list to revisit on our next trip...
I forgot so many thing, and have been making note's...

Now I'm getting into planning mode...

We are planning for May 2022 for our next adventure to France...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts