Front of Line Access Questions

LilyStar

Mouseketeer
Hi there

I have a quick question regarding the Front of the Line access you get if you stay onsite at Universal. We are staying at the Portofino Bay. I understand it is your room keys which you present in the express pass line at the parks. Do they scan your card on some kind of palm pilot thing or do they just look at your key? I was just curious how they handle this.

Thanks!! :)
:bounce:

most of the major attractions do scan your card....and you must have a card for each member in your party for FOTL

At some rides, they just ask to see your card at others they scan them.

When we went, some attendents didn't even ask to see my DH's card. I just showed them mine; even others, we didn't show anything. I guess this really depends on the attendant.

We noticed on our last trip(in January) that just about every ride scanned the cards.

Damo............ I agree, in aug. they scanned our cards at almost every ride.

I'm really looking forward to this FOTL access thing. We'll be there in August, but tell me, with all 3 of the resorts possibly being at full capacity, what would the lines for FOTL be like? Wouldn't they still be long? What would the average wait be?

The three resorts are usually at full capacity these days. Your waits shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

Incredible! Out here in California we're used to anywhere from 1/2-1 hour waits, sometimes more on the really popular rides during high season. I can't wait and only wish we had more time at Universal. We're booked for 3 nights but I can see myself spending at least 5 days there. Maybe next time.:D

Our trip was last aug. and we never waited more than 10 min. for anything!!!! Most rides were pretty much walk on.

Again, probably no more than 15 min. or so............ usually fotl is just that............ fotl!!!

Originally posted by gingernick
Just to give me an idea, how long would the average wait be at Easter with FOTL. Thanks.

We were there the week before Easter last year and the FOTL lines were not bad. The only time that we waited more than 15 minutes was when there was a problem with the ride. Usually at it's busiest it was 10-15 minutes with basically no line first thing in the morning and in the evening on some rides (Dueling Dragons for instance). We're going back this spring break so it must not have been too bad. Walking around the parks was very crowded, though, and so was City Walk, especially the closer we got to Easter.

T&B

Thanks guys, we will actually be at IOA on Sat (10th April) & U/Studios Sun (11th April) which I've just found out the day the US celebrates Easter! The UK celebrates Easter on the Monday. Will the Sat/Sun be especially busy?

Since a lot of kids are off that week........... I'd say that it will be crowded. Even so, you should have the same wait time with fotl............ they keep it moving pretty well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter