Frozen 2

JentheGreat

Earning My Ears
I've been pressured to watch Frozen 2 by my wife. I have to say... absolutely terrible.The soundtrack doesn't hold a candle to the original. The storyline is convoluted. This is by far the most disappointing movie I've seen by Disney.

This is why there is no Aladdin 2, Beauty and the Beast 2, etc.

This was churned out for revenue.... thoughts?

Sorry, I disagree. The songs are generic and not soundly written. The storyline... stay with originals.

The storyline was... odd, but I have to say I was rather entranced by Olaf's weirdly existentialist dialogue.

I can't forgive the water horse though. That was terrifying. Like something from Jaws...

I really enjoyed it myself, and personally, I think that overall the songs are better than the first - although I never felt that the first one had a lot of great songs besides Let It Go. I really liked the epic story even though it was slightly predictable and the animation is simply beautiful. To me it was a winner, cash-grab or not.

Last edited:
The storyline was... odd, but I have to say I was rather entranced by Olaf's weirdly existentialist dialogue.

I can't forgive the water horse though. That was terrifying. Like something from Jaws...

I completely agree with Olaf. He was hilarious. This was the one win.

I really enjoyed it myself, and personally, I think that overall teh songs are better than the first - although I never felt that the first one had a lot of great songs besides Let It Go. I really liked the epic story even though it was slightly predictable and the animation is simply beautiful. To me it was a winner, cash-grab or not.

I suffer from severe depression... this may be the reason that I so much prefer the first. The songs in the first hit me on so many different levels, from sadness to hope to happiness.

Nothing will ever compare to 1. I'm just biased.

I suffer from severe depression... this may be the reason that I so much prefer the first. The songs in the first hit me on so many different levels, from sadness to hope to happiness.

Nothing will ever compare to 1. I'm just biased.

Hey, it's fair. I like the first one a lot too, even if I find a lot of the songs weak. I also liked the second one, I don't know how I'd rank them side by side really.I liked Elsa's evolution in the second one though - she's epic!

I just watched Frozen 2 yesterday and I liked it way better than the original. Honestly I never understood all the craziness over the original. Don't get me wrong - I liked the original and thought it was good, but I didn't understand the level of popularity it got at all.

I just watched Frozen 2 yesterday and I liked it way better than the original. Honestly I never understood all the craziness over the original. Don't get me wrong - I liked the original and thought it was good, but I didn't understand the level of popularity it got at all.

I'll reiterate... many people don't seem to see the underlying theme of depression in Frozen. There are many subtle clues. I've done hours of research on this, as I wrote a paper on it.

Additionally, I'm biased, as I suffer from depression. I identify with many of the things Disney was trying to convey.

The songs give me hope and make me happy.

You're not wrong and I'm not right... differing opinions.

I love the sequel, if not more than the first movie. For me, the songs are better and more mature and the art is better and really beautiful. It's more like an epic movie adventure movie than just telling a princess story. The hardly used the trolls, prob because they realized how random and silly they were in the first movie. I love that they continued the theme of sharing and celebrating your differences vs. hiding them. It's a lesson that a lot of people, especially kids, need to remember. Overall, the movie accomplished what it set out to do - it's biggest goal was to explore how Elsa got her powers which the fans always wondered.

Loved Frozen 2! Olaf's jokes where funny. (the Samantha joke and when he explains Frozen 1 to the Northuldra people.) Also the animation and colors and the elementals (the cute fire salamander) . Also the character development. Anna becoming much more mature and Elsa becoming some kind of avatar. I'm interested what they will plan for the Frozen franchise in the future.

I have to agree with the OP, just an unnecessary money-grab sequel. It was a straight to video caliber movie in my opinion. I also thought the songs were lousy. Into the Unknown is ear splitting to me. I thought Frozen was just about a perfect movie, they should have left it alone.

Hated the original, I really thought I was going to like it, but didn't. Thought the music was boring.

I enjoyed the 2nd one so much more. Thought the music was so much better this time around

I loved Frozen 2! I might even like it better than the original, but I'm a sucker for origin stories. I agree the music in the first is better, and I'm not a fan of the changes to Olaf's character, but overall I really enjoy it.

Anna is an amazing character with so much growth from the first, and what a role model! Really couldn't ask for a better princess. Elsa is just a super hero, so that's great. And I mean 'Show Yourself' is probably in my top 10 Disney songs of all time! Also, use of the 'dies irae' theme throughout is very clever...watch some of the interviews of the Lopez's and their writing process. Love those guys!

Is it bad that I actually liked it. Olaf was hilarious and I enjoyed watching Anna and Elsa's sisterly bond grow. Visually the film was stunning and there were definitely some great songs. I do however, feel like they did Kristoff dirty, he's such a kind and charming character and it would of been interesting to see him develop

Is it bad that I actually liked it. Olaf was hilarious and I enjoyed watching Anna and Elsa's sisterly bond grow. Visually the film was stunning and there were definitely some great songs. I do however, feel like they did Kristoff dirty, he's such a kind and charming character and it would of been interesting to see him develop

Not at all. I liked it too. There's alwasy been a "Frozen Backlash" from some as I suppose it just doesn't strike a chord with them. I think the films are beautiful and while I think the first one had a better story, the second one had better music (aside from Let it Go). I loved the epic ending with Elsa riding in on her water-horse!

Froverrated. I thought the first one was weak too. Every Walt Disney Animation Studios movie since Princess and the Frog has been better. That being said, Lost in the Woods would have been rad if they had added some backing guitars and turned it into a Whitesnake style power ballad.

Froverrated. I thought the first one was weak too. Every Walt Disney Animation Studios movie since Princess and the Frog has been better. That being said, Lost in the Woods would have been rad if they had added some backing guitars and turned it into a Whitesnake style power ballad.

With a cool Steve Vai like guitar solo in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter