frozen lemonade a snack credit?

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
I love those frozen lemonade's and could live off them during that days at the parks. It says on the WDW website that a frozen fruit bar can be considered a snack but this really isn't a fruit bar - has anyone every tried?

thanks

We had no problem at all getting the frozen lemonades using our DDP snack credits in Epcot last October (during F&W Fest).

So, I guess it could depend on the CM you are dealing with (and their interpretation of the DDP)... unless Disney has made another policy change since our last visit. It never hurts to ask the CM if something is allowed on the plan while you are there--they just might say 'yes.' :thumbsup2

We were able to use snack credits for frozen lemonades last September at MK. I hope we will be able to again this September--they really hit the spot on hot afternoons! :)

Some CMs, particularly at the resorts, will allow an item by ringing it up as a covered item. Do that too often and the inventory will get screwed up. Some resorts officially cover a few extra items.

I wouldn't rely on the internet to learn about exceptions, if you want something that's not covered but is reasonable just ask.

I don't think our being able to use our snack credits for frozen lemonade at MK was "under the table". It was purchased from a stand that only sold the fl and there was a card reader for ddp on the kiosk. Of course, this was 7 (v e r y l o n g--need to go back!!) months ago so things may be different now.

formernyer said:
Flame Tree BBQ allowed them as a dessert for a CS credit.

Also at Pizzafari. We all got these for our desserts and we only ate 1 while we were there. We took the other 2 with us to slowly melt. They were very refreshing after walking around a while. :thumbup2

Disneykarem said:
I don't think our being able to use our snack credits for frozen lemonade at MK was "under the table". It was purchased from a stand that only sold the fl and there was a card reader for ddp on the kiosk. Of course, this was 7 (v e r y l o n g--need to go back!!) months ago so things may be different now.

Sounds like it wasn't but some of the exceptions are done that way, a CM decides your request is reasonable and just rings up the wrong item.

We got them all over the world along with the frozen root beer floats without any problem. I just thought they were lumped into the Ice cream type snack allowed under the plan. We also got Mickey Ice Cream bars and some other frozen snacks from the snack carts. In my mind there isn't anything special about the frozen lemonades that would make them different than Mickey Bars. In essence they are just pre packaged cups of lemonade tasting frozen desert. Not much different thatn those small dixie cups of ice cream they sell or used to sell in at schools. Just a bit bigger.

We got them from a snack cart near splash mountain using a snack credit, and Flame Tree as a dessert.

Pedler said:
We got them all over the world along with the frozen root beer floats without any problem. I just thought they were lumped into the Ice cream type snack allowed under the plan. We also got Mickey Ice Cream bars and some other frozen snacks from the snack carts. In my mind there isn't anything special about the frozen lemonades that would make them different than Mickey Bars. In essence they are just pre packaged cups of lemonade tasting frozen desert. Not much different thatn those small dixie cups of ice cream they sell or used to sell in at schools. Just a bit bigger.

I very well might have just not seen the "right" carts, but I was just there a few weeks ago and I never saw any of the standard ice cream carts selling frozen lemonade or root beer floats.

The difference between the frozen lemonades and the ice cream cart items is price. The cart items are all $2.50, except for the tollhouse ice cream sandwiches which were $3.00. The frozen lemonades are $3.50 and I'm guessing the root beer floats are probably also that much. For the most part, snack items range from $1.00 for fruit to $3.00 for the tollhouse. I never saw any item in a park priced higher than $3.00 qualify as a snack. Like I said, I may have just missed it.

If anyone has been to the parks within the past month or so and saw these items on carts as snacks please post the locations. I'd love to know where they are for when I go back in the Fall.

Suzanne74 said:
I love those frozen lemonade's and could live off them during that days at the parks. It says on the WDW website that a frozen fruit bar can be considered a snack but this really isn't a fruit bar - has anyone every tried?

thanks

IMG_0033.jpg

You can get this as a snack. It is labeled on the cart. I got it in April.

TAKitty said:
IMG_0033.jpg

You can get this as a snack. It is labeled on the cart. I got it in April.

Now that is just plain cruel! Where am I supposed to get one of those at this time of night? pirate:

Can you get it as a snack at CS places, or only as dessert with the whole CS shabang? ;)
Thanks!

spaceacewannabe said:
Can you get it as a snack at CS places, or only as dessert with the whole CS shabang? ;)
Thanks!

No, it usually counts as a desert.

angel's momma said:
Sorry, it's not included.

Sorry for the misinformation.

We didn't see these offered at any of the carts we were at last fall, but apparently we were just at the wrong carts.

We did get them at Pizzafari for dessert, but the question was about snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter