Ft. Wilderness Dessert Party on New Years Eve?

You can walk thru 300 loop about half way. There is a path to the beach down from the main beach. You can watch from there.

This will be interesting to see in place for the first year. So many different opinions floating around! I have heard they will take up the whole beach, some have said only a portion of the beach and it seems that the only way to really know for sure will be on the day itself. Disney is famous for having 1 cast member say 1 thing and another say something completely opposite and both cast members are sitting right next to each other! LOL

Last year we stayed at the campground and they had a free party on the beach on NYE. There were a lot of people, I spoke to several and when I asked where they were staying none of them were even on Disney property. Maybe that is why they are not doing it anymore.

We were planning on attending again this year, looks like that may not happen.

I am with Beagles 7278, The Party on the beach was on our list of things to do for NYE. In fact we were totally looking forward to it as we had no desire to face the anticipated crowds in any of the parks. Locals coming into Fort Wilderness to take advantage at the expensive of The guests has been a problem that DISNEY is unwilling to address (Think the pools). Other resorts they find it easy to restrict entry to these amenities but somehow Fort Wilderness never seems to be a priority. If they are not charging for the parties at the other resorts maybe we'll go over to the GF

It would be an absolute shame if they take away the entire beach (but I don't believe they will). I consider the beach area an amenity that comes with my site fee. There is no way I would consider paying $99 per adult ($59 per child), when I could bring my own goodies and chill on the beach, but you know some will.

Last edited:
This will be our 4th NYE at the Fort and the party is our favorite way to ring in the New Year EVER. I'm thinking that they will rope off an area of the beach and put the food and drink on that wood deck that is near the boats or they can set it up on the right side as you come in to the beach. Maybe they will use that area behind Loop 300? that has a better view fo the fireworks (I think they set up events there for some of the carriage rides).
The beach was full of people last year and if they completely restricted access to dessert guests only, I would liken it to closing off the hub to only dessert party guests. I can't imagine it will come to it. I also don't think the problem of offsite guests is that big. Last year, we saw car after car turned away at the guard gate, even saw security chasing one down when the driver thought he was smart and ignored the gentleman. When the sign that parking is limited is out, every single car gets stopped. I guess they can bus over, but that would require payment of a parking fee at the parks. The beach area is pretty big and while the areas closest to the walkway are crowded, if you walk more than halfway over, it thins out and there's plenty of room. Maybe people come to visit with friends who are staying there and therefore are not "staying" there?

I hope no one pays up and Disney files this in their "FAIL" folder.

It would be SO nice if it was extended to campers, but if you are not a "resort" guest you would have to pay the fee to come. Surely the MBs can detect something like that.

Any updates on this? As I said previously we were planning on doing the party on the beach if they are still having it.

There are signs up advertising THE BEACH BASH At Meadow" and Settlement TP's Haven't seen anything about the dessert party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!