Ft Wilderness Meadow Pool aquatic play area closed?

MiaSRN62

DIS Veteran
We have never stayed here before. Checking in on Mother's Day. One the WDW site it states :

"The Meadow Pool aquatic play area is currently closed for refurbishment. Meadow Swimmin' Pool, Wilderness Swimmin' Pool and its nearby whirlpool spa will remain open for your enjoyment.

You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM."

We have an 18 month old with us who will only swim in a splash pad type area. He won't immerse in a deeper pool. Is this the area with small slides and sprinklers etc that is closed? This could be a deal-breaker for us for our planned afternoon swim breaks. I'd appreciate any info you can provide. Thank you.

We have never stayed here before. Checking in on Mother's Day. One the WDW site it states :

"The Meadow Pool aquatic play area is currently closed for refurbishment. Meadow Swimmin' Pool, Wilderness Swimmin' Pool and its nearby whirlpool spa will remain open for your enjoyment.

You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM."

We have an 18 month old with us who will only swim in a splash pad type area. He won't immerse in a deeper pool. Is this the area with small slides and sprinklers etc that is closed? This could be a deal-breaker for us for our planned afternoon swim breaks. I'd appreciate any info you can provide. Thank you.
Yes, that's the splash pad - it remained closed after the main pool opened back up after refurbishment last month. No date announced for splash pad reopening as far as I know.

Thank you. Well I hope they allow us to pool-hop somewhere. WL would be most practical spot for a kiddie pool. My grandson wont go in a larger pool where he is immersed. Heard there is a dedicated bus between FW and WL. Getting on phone today

Last edited:
I have called guest services twice this week and they have told me it is open?? Not sure what to believe. I can not get anyone at the resort however.

We were just there Tuesday and it was still closed. We were bummed because ds asked every day to use it and I felt so bad because it was supposed to be open when we were there

Last edited:

Thank you. Well I hope they allow us to pool-hop somewhere. WL would be most practical spot for a kiddie pool. My grandson wont go in a larger pool where he is immersed. Heard there is a dedicated bus between FW and WL. Getting on phone today
No, they aren't allowing any pool hopping in this situation - they didn't allow it when the entire Meadow Pool was closed, so I'm sure they won't now that just the splash pad is closed. Unfortunately the WL pool is gated and for WL guests only - it requires a WL resort guest MagicBand to unlock the gate. If a splash pad is the most important feature for you, then it seems like FW might not be a good fit for your family and you might want to look into switching resorts. Resorts with pool/splash pad closures coming up will have warnings posted right on Disney's website.

We were just there Tuesday and it was still closed. We were bummed because ds asked every day to use it and I felt so bad because it was supposed to be open when we were there
Was the main pool slide open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter