Full size crib at Resort?

mousefan215

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any experience with getting/requesting a full size crib at Wilderness Lodge (BRV)? I know the villas have pack n plays, but I was wondering about a full size roll away crib. Or should I rent one? We are renting a double stroller from Kingdom Strollers and I saw they also rent full size cribs. TIA!

If its a deal breaker rent one. I did get one years ago (about 6) it was AKV and a 3/4 size crib. It was fine. Nothing to write home about. But I heard they were becoming more infrequent especially in villas. You are connected to a hotel, so that may help but if a pnp is a deal breaker rent the crib.

I think I'll spend the extra $100 and rent one! I think that's a small price to pay for everyone getting a good night's sleep ;) thanks guys!

I have seen this posted a couple of times. If i was staying at a disney resort and wanted a crib and was given a pack and play I really would be annoyed and go to the front desk. You are already spending thousands to go to disney world why should you have the extra expense of renting a crib for a 100 bucks when you are staying on site. I would really have a problem swallowing that. I have been on site with my son now 2 times and have never had a problem getting an actual crib for him. I really have a hard time with the posts that tell other to spend a 100 bucks so they get an actual crib. Im sure if you were given a pack and play and had issue with that disney would correct it and get you a crib if this ever happened to me you can trust and believe I be the front desk ensuring I get the proper equipment for my son. Im not spending another 100 bucks for something disney can provide.

I have seen this posted a couple of times. If i was staying at a disney resort and wanted a crib and was given a pack and play I really would be annoyed and go to the front desk. You are already spending thousands to go to disney world why should you have the extra expense of renting a crib for a 100 bucks when you are staying on site. I would really have a problem swallowing that. I have been on site with my son now 2 times and have never had a problem getting an actual crib for him. I really have a hard time with the posts that tell other to spend a 100 bucks so they get an actual crib. Im sure if you were given a pack and play and had issue with that disney would correct it and get you a crib if this ever happened to me you can trust and believe I be the front desk ensuring I get the proper equipment for my son. Im not spending another 100 bucks for something disney can provide.
THere is no guarantee that a crib will be available for you. If there is no crib throwing a hissy fit isn't not going To magically make one available. I dont know of a hotel or resort Disney or no Disney, expense or inexpensive.
Just like if you need a wheelchair, or other specific type of equipment you need to provide it. Disney will provide you with a safe method of having your child sleep pnp, but it may not be your preferred item

THere is no guarantee that a crib will be available for you. If there is no crib throwing a hissy fit isn't not going To magically make one available. I dont know of a hotel or resort Disney or no Disney, expense or inexpensive.
Just like if you need a wheelchair, or other specific type of equipment you need to provide it. Disney will provide you with a safe method of having your child sleep pnp, but it may not be your preferred item

As per disney website:
Request a complimentary crib at any Disney Resort hotel and experience the Disney Difference.
For your family’s comfort and convenience, complimentary cribs are available for Guests at all Disney Resort hotels. Guests may request cribs when making reservations or upon arrival at their hotel—quantities are limited. Though most of the easy-to-assemble Pack ‘n Play® playards offered are standard size, some larger cribs may be available.

Was not plan on throwing a hissy fit my point is a lot of people on here tend to make others fearful that you will not get a standard size crib and therefore people go out and spend 100 bucks when its may not be necessary. I would rather deal with the front desk than throw away a hundred bucks because someone on here said I "may"not get one Im sure even if you got a pack and play the first night by the second night I'm sure the front desk would work with you to get a full crib. Trust me your kid would sleep even if its a strange environment its disney everyone is exhausted. If they are not sleeping its not due to the crib but a change in environment...But so far in my experience I'm 2 for 2 at disney with a full crib both times on site 200 bucks saved

As per disney website:
Request a complimentary crib at any Disney Resort hotel and experience the Disney Difference.
For your family’s comfort and convenience, complimentary cribs are available for Guests at all Disney Resort hotels. Guests may request cribs when making reservations or upon arrival at their hotel—quantities are limited. Though most of the easy-to-assemble Pack ‘n Play® playards offered are standard size, some larger cribs may be available.

Was not plan on throwing a hissy fit my point is a lot of people on here tend to make others fearful that you will not get a standard size crib and therefore people go out and spend 100 bucks when its may not be necessary. I would rather deal with the front desk than throw away a hundred bucks because someone on here said I "may"not get one Im sure even if you got a pack and play the first night by the second night I'm sure the front desk would work with you to get a full crib. Trust me your kid would sleep even if its a strange environment its disney everyone is exhausted. If they are not sleeping its not due to the crib but a change in environment...But so far in my experience I'm 2 for 2 at disney with a full crib both times on site 200 bucks saved

Read your own quote - limited quantities most pnps some larger MAY be available.
You may also want to reread your original post.
"if this ever happened to me you can trust and believe I be the front desk ensuring I get the proper equipment for my son"
How exactly are you going to do that if there are no cribs to be had? Throwing around that you already spend thousands for a vacation will not get you very far, on these boards and in person. As a parent, if my child requires something to sleep it is my responsibility to provide it. Its called personal responsibility. Marching down to the front desk demand something because you spend thousands on vacation is just silly and makes the people at the desk less likely to help you.
Like I said previously - I have never come across a hotel that offered cribs. Not the 4 seasons, not Beaches, etc. There are liability issues - crib requirements change annually. There are storage issues. They take up much more room assembled and disassembled than pnps.. Disney offers an option most companies do not- the pnp. If you need more than that, it becomes your responsibility. If you are already spending thousands on a vacation, I am sure you can find somewhere to cut back a bit for you kid to sleep in a safe, comfortable crib, if that is your need.

Read your own quote - limited quantities most pnps some larger MAY be available.
You may also want to reread your original post.
"if this ever happened to me you can trust and believe I be the front desk ensuring I get the proper equipment for my son"
How exactly are you going to do that if there are no cribs to be had? Throwing around that you already spend thousands for a vacation will not get you very far, on these boards and in person. As a parent, if my child requires something to sleep it is my responsibility to provide it. Its called personal responsibility. Marching down to the front desk demand something because you spend thousands on vacation is just silly and makes the people at the desk less likely to help you.
Like I said previously - I have never come across a hotel that offered cribs. Not the 4 seasons, not Beaches, etc. There are liability issues - crib requirements change annually. There are storage issues. They take up much more room assembled and disassembled than pnps.. Disney offers an option most companies do not- the pnp. If you need more than that, it becomes your responsibility. If you are already spending thousands on a vacation, I am sure you can find somewhere to cut back a bit for you kid to sleep in a safe, comfortable crib, if that is your need.

Grace I just respectfully disagree with how you see things on this. I just wanted to point out to the PP that I have experience 2 times in less than six months getting a crib for my son with zero problems. There was no need to cut back on my budget to provide a safe crib for my son disney provided it both times. its up to the op what she prefers to do rent one outside of disney Im just letting her know that disney does provide cribs I have never had an issue with this plus i saw cribs in other rooms and in hallways they are around... If they did not have a crib how we view what should be done in that matter will never be agreed upon or will you changed my mind about that. I guess everyone can keep renting cribs outside of disney there will be more available at the resort this way.

Grace I just respectfully disagree with how you see things on this. I just wanted to point out to the PP that I have experience 2 times in less than six months getting a crib for my son with zero problems. There was no need to cut back on my budget to provide a safe crib for my son disney provided it both times. its up to the op what she prefers to do rent one outside of disney Im just letting her know that disney does provide cribs I have never had an issue with this plus i saw cribs in other rooms and in hallways they are around... If they did not have a crib how we view what should be done in that matter will never be agreed upon or will you changed my mind about that. I guess everyone can keep renting cribs outside of disney there will be more available at the resort this way.
So if someone is told there are no cribs because there is a limited supply, they should just say well LMO429 told me there would be plenty? The Disney website says there are limited quantities. Others have stated their experience is its a pnp. Since the OP is staying at a villa, as a DVC member, I know they are even more limited and not available at some DVC resorts. If it is a make or break situation then yes $100 is a small price to pay for every one to get a good nights sleep. There are things I'm willing to roll the dice on - something my kid needs, not so much.

They can't provide it if they don't have any available. They don't guarantee full size cribs, either, and I've seen several comments from people over the years that they've gotten a pack n play.

My son is a year and a half old and can sleep in a pack n play for 1-2 nights, but I rented a crib at Disney because I didn't think he would be comfortable in a pack n play for a week and there is no guarantee of a full size crib at Disney. Next year, I'm going to bring either a toddler blow up mattress or inflatable bed rails.

We have stayed at 4 other hotels with him, and only 1 offered a cribs. The rest offered pack n plays. What do you do when you stay in hotels that only offer pack n plays?

They can't provide it if they don't have any available. They don't guarantee full size cribs, either, and I've seen several comments from people over the years that they've gotten a pack n play.

My son is a year and a half old and can sleep in a pack n play for 1-2 nights, but I rented a crib at Disney because I didn't think he would be comfortable in a pack n play for a week and there is no guarantee of a full size crib at Disney. Next year, I'm going to bring either a toddler blow up mattress or inflatable bed rails.

We have stayed at 4 other hotels with him, and only 1 offered a cribs. The rest offered pack n plays. What do you do when you stay in hotels that only offer pack n plays?

If they offered a pack and play at this point i would not have a problem with it my son will be 2 for our next trip in october..the past 2 trips had zero issue getting a crib. If they did not supply a crib I would have put my son in the pack and play provided and went to the desk to get a crib even if it meant waiting a night or 2 I would have spoken with someone to have gotten a crib.

Everyone is entitled to do whatever fits their vacation best I just wanted others to know of my experiences so they do not run out and spend $ unnecessarily. Everyones mileage may vary. For some like yourself it's piece of mind to rent for others like myself have had no issue getting a crib at a resort. I think its fair for everyone to hear all experiences on this.

If they offered a pack and play at this point i would not have a problem with it my son will be 2 for our next trip in october..the past 2 trips had zero issue getting a crib. If they did not supply a crib I would have put my son in the pack and play provided and went to the desk to get a crib even if it meant waiting a night or 2 I would have spoken with someone to have gotten a crib.

Everyone is entitled to do whatever fits their vacation best I just wanted others to know of my experiences so they do not run out and spend $ unnecessarily. Everyones mileage may vary. For some like yourself it's piece of mind to rent for others like myself have had no issue getting a crib at a resort. I think its fair for everyone to hear all experiences on this.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. And it's great that you've been able to get a crib! I just want to be sure people know that it's not guaranteed and that if their child won't be OK in a pack n play for even 1 night (and my guess is that most 2 year olds are really too big for them), it might be worth the $ to rent the crib. The $80 I spent on the crib was well worth the peace of mind that my toddler would get a good night sleep. There's not a lot that would ruin a trip faster than a toddler who is cranky from sleep deprivation.

Agreed!

I was looking for personal experiences and not hear say, so thank you for your experience and advice :)

So if someone is told there are no cribs because there is a limited supply, they should just say well LMO429 told me there would be plenty? The Disney website says there are limited quantities. Others have stated their experience is its a pnp. Since the OP is staying at a villa, as a DVC member, I know they are even more limited and not available at some DVC resorts. If it is a make or break situation then yes $100 is a small price to pay for every one to get a good nights sleep. There are things I'm willing to roll the dice on - something my kid needs, not so much.
I guess it's a gamble, and I'm not a gambler! Lol

Thank ya'll... I wonder if we get there, check in and request a full size crib but they don't have any, if I could get Kingdom Strollers to deliver one for the next night and we would just make due with a pnp the first night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!