• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Funcard ?

mattrob

Earning My Ears
I see the price of a Fun Card (unlimited admission until December 31, 2003) is the same as a regular one day admission ticket! Is there a catch ? And if you buy a ticket 7 days in advance you get an extra 10% of a one day ticket ?

What should I opt for ? I will be staying 2,5 weeks in Orlando, and will go one day to Seaworld, but perhaps more (if it is free off course) ? I also understand you perhaps get one extra day free within one week ?

Kind regards,

Demaro
Netherlands

There is no catch. The fun card promotion only happens for a limited time. And you need to get your card processed at the park, so get there early, otherwise, there can be a long line. Go for the fun card and go back multiple days. You can park across the street at the Renaissance to save on the parking fee.

Also keep in mind the Funcard is for Florida Residents only....

I can't find anything on the SeaWorld website that states the Funcard is limited to Florida residents only. I live in Kentucky, and I've already purchased mine, using the eticket option, and will be heading down this Saturday!!! So, if there's a limitation that I've missed, I'll need to know ASAP. Can someone point me in the right direction--how to get to the portion of the website that states these are for Florida residents only? As long as the etickets haven't been activated (which they haven't of course), the site says I can still get a refund.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It is not just for Florida residents. The only catch is that it expires 12/31/03. But for someone who will be there for 2 1/2 weeks who thinks they'd like to go more then 2 days - it is a great deal!

My bad on that one...I have been an AP holder for over a year so I was uninformed...DOH!!!:o :o :o

Could someone point me in the direction of finding this Fun Card online? Thanks so much!

I'm a bit confused!
As far as I can make out,if I buy a funcard from Seaworld, I can come back every day for a year?
Is this correct?
I am planning on coming to Florida 2 times and if I can use this for my second trip, well that would be great.
Can someone enlighten me on this one?
Thanks
Lin from UK

Originally posted by harry the spider
I'm a bit confused!
As far as I can make out,if I buy a funcard from Seaworld, I can come back every day for a year?
Is this correct?
I am planning on coming to Florida 2 times and if I can use this for my second trip, well that would be great.
Can someone enlighten me on this one?
Thanks
Lin from UK

Fun Cards usually expire at the end of the year. So if you get one in April or May, it will still expire on December 31, 2003.

We purchased the fun cards (bronze) in March of 2002. They were the same price as a one day ticket and they were good until 12/31/02. We are from New Jersey. We went down for Christmas 2002 and used them again. We also went to Discovery Cove at that time. We used the funcard and got a $30.00 discount for each person that had the card.

Is the card like an AP where they take your picture or is it a ticket? How much processing at the gate is required to get it.

Thanks

Hi
The passport we had was a bronze funcard. The only difference between the one day admission is the 5 minutes to take your picture and put it on the pass. The pass itself is plastic like a credit card. Hope this info helps you :):D :) :o :cool: :Pinkbounc

We are not going to Sea World this trip but planning on going to Busch Gardens for several days. They appear to have the same fun card option. However, we will not be arriving in Orlando until June 3rd. I know the special expires May 31st. Does anyone know if I order the voucher online thru e-ticket (?) before the end of May can I still redem it in June? Also am I correct in that you print the voucher on your printer they do not mail it to you?

I just found out about funcards and posted about it on the Orlando attraction boards. I should have known the experts on DIS knew all about it.

Brianhog - I am not going till Oct and the person I spoke to said it was no problem I just had to order it by May 31st , I would activate it in Oct. I called 1 888 800 5447 to order them. I think there is a $4 shipping fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter