FW booked solid for Dec 2003 ?

bigdisneydaddy

Fan of all things Fort wilderness
I finally got lucky enough to get Christmas vacation time and FW is booked solid for Dec 2003 ? Does anyone know if its normal for it to be booked this early ? The only other time we have gone to WDW at Christmas was in 98 and we stayed at Dixie Landings.

With sub zero temps this week and 8 more inches of fresh snow last night, I need some warm Disney mojo right now ! and I couldnt get it from CRO !
Advice ??????

Keep calling CRO. They open at 7am. A CM told me (when I was in your predicament) that the computers automatically cancel out all reservations that don't have a deposit at midnight. So, if you call at 7am, you will probably have better luck. It worked for us - we were able to get reservations in October for a Christmas trip this past year.

Good luck!

Originally posted by welovemickey
A CM told me that the computers automatically cancel out all reservations that don't have a deposit at midnight.

That is correct. We were told the same thing when we were trying get a cabin once. Although we were told it was 10 p.m. at night that they were cancelled out. Anyway, we pieced together a 10 day trip by calling every morning at 7 a.m. for quite a while. It was worth every early morning phone call. :p

Try for a different arrival date. I was told there were none last year too. I then asked for a different arrival and walla it was open. I booked it, then kept calling back to get days before it added on. I wound up with 2 reservations:one for value rate w/o ap discount and one with the a/p discount.We stayed at the same site, but had to re-check in.
angela:smooth:

So far we have been able to get 5 of the 11 days that we want. Unfortunately they are for a preffered site. ( didnt want to pay the big $) At this point we will take anything we can get and then try to modify it later.

I just called today & reserved December 12-20th, Partial Hook-up site. I need to add another Countdown Calendar. Yay us!!

Disneys bookings can be strange. I wanted to go Dec 19th thru Jan 5 but was told it was not open. They then told me if I could check in on Dec 17th it was open till Jan 5th. Didnt make sense to me but I booked it & we had a great time. Also keep calling as many people book early to get a ressie but then end up not being able to go so they cancel at the last possible date to still be able to get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter