FW Preferred vs. Premium sites

Frequent Flyer

Mouseketeer
I'm getting ready to book our first stay at the Fort. From what I am seeing, Preferred (100s-300s) are closer to the restaurants and MK boats, while Premiums (400s-1300s) are bigger and located closer to the pools. Is this correct?

Any other differences to consider?

Correct also the premium sites have a full concrete pad the preferred sited have concrete and sand at the back of the sites. The sand is great if you are setting up a tent. However it gets in your rv as you walk in and out

The Premiums also have a wider driveway than the Preferred by 4-5 feet. Coupled with the fact that, as daverene said, the Premiums have pavement in the back where the tent pad used to be, makes it a good fit for people with long trailers/rvs (the driveway is also flaired out to make it easier to turn/cut as you are backing in). As you pointed out, the location is more toward the middle of the Fort.

Also, there are minor differences in that the Premiums have a square four-sided picnic table for seating with a grill whose cover is hinged to cover it. The Preferreds have the traditional rectangle two-sided picnic table for seating and an open grill. Again, minor points in my book.

By virtue of the fact there are more Premium loops, there is more variety regarding your location within the Fort whereas Preferred are, like you said, all down near Pioneer Hall and Bay Lake.

Oh, and then price, of course, but they're not far apart now like they used to be.

Bama Ed

I like the premium better than preferred, however my husband and grandchildren like the preferred location, so I lost the vote:( That said, I highly recommend the 1400 loop requesting to be near the comfort station. It's less than a minute walk to the campfire and the bus stop, and maybe a 3 minute walk to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter