GAC questions

Walt's#onefan

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am taking my 3 yo DD princess, Allie on her first trip to the world june 17-27th 2004. She has severe CP, Semi- Lobar Holoprocephaly which causes Grand-mal seizures daily and,eye abnormalities(problems with depth perception, and tracking. She also has Autism(PDD-NOS) which causes obbsesives behaviors, and sensory issues. She is also deaf. Also due to seizure meds she can't regulate her body temp and is extremly light sensitive.She is wheel chair bound in a PANDA chair, and is bollus fed during the day pumped at night, and communicates solely through signing and eye contact.
Are there GAC's for

1. She will need to wait in a shaded area out of the sun if the que area is in the sun for long periods of time.
2. needs to wait in a quiet area to avoid meltdowns due to feeling that people are invading her space
3. needs front row seating in shows to see better
4. needs to use panda as wheeelchair (it looks like a stroller).
My questions are how many gac's do they allow you to get?

How will she sit up front to see better if wc seating is in back of theater?

How often do yu use ypour child's gac/ daily?

1. She will need to wait in a shaded area out of the sun if the que area is in the sun for long periods of time.
2. needs to wait in a quiet area to avoid meltdowns due to feeling that people are invading her space
3. needs front row seating in shows to see better
4. needs to use panda as wheeelchair (it looks like a stroller).
My questions are how many gac's do they allow you to get?
The answer is that you only get one GAC (the Guest Assistance Card itself), but they can put more than one message on the card. And some of the messages take care of more than one need. So, you could have a card that takes care of all her needs. Just bring her with you to Guest Services in any of the parks and explain what her needs are (you did a good job here). The GAC will be good for all parks and is usually issued for your entire length of stay, for up to 5 people plus the person with a disability. Sometimes, you will be asked to splint into smaller groups because of the amount of room available for seating or for waiting, but usually your group will be together if it's less than 6 total.
How will she sit up front to see better if wc seating is in back of theater?
Many of the shows have some seats in the first row for wheelchair guests, although the majority are in the rear. These shows are among those that have seats in the back and in the front:
Studio: Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic (but prepare to get wet from the spray from the water screens)
AK: Flights of Wonder, Tarzan Rocks, Pocohontas, and the Festival of the Lion King has all special needs seats at the front.
Epcot: I don't know about because we've just sat in the back
MK: County Bears has all the wheelchair seating in the front
How often do yu use ypour child's gac/ daily?
You might need to use yours for every line because the CMs may not always recognize your DD's Panda as being a mobility device. We have not needed to use our DD's GAC more than a few times a day, even when we went during Spring break, but my DD is older and uses a wheelchair

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter