Galveston hotels

Harbor House is as close as you're going to get.

If that's not an option, we were very happy with the Hilton Galveston Island, and did utilize their free shuttle. We signed up at the valet stand the evening before (upon our arrival at about 6:00 PM) and got our pick of times.

So, is that a no? The OP asked about hotels near the port, not about Galveston hotels in general.

MUN

What is your issue? The OP asked about hotels near the port, yes. There are parking issues with the hotels near the port and there are more hotel/resort and dining options on the gulf side. Having cruised out of Galveston the past 3 years, I tried to offer my personal experience.

Harbor House is as close as you're going to get.

If that's not an option, we were very happy with the Hilton Galveston Island, and did utilize their free shuttle. We signed up at the valet stand the evening before (upon our arrival at about 6:00 PM) and got our pick of times.
Thanks!

Google does great for this kind of thing. Search for Galveston Cruise Terminal then once you have that, click the "search nearby" button and choose hotels.

Here's a link to that map. The grey pin on the map is Cruise Terminal 1.

I know OP asked about right near the port but we found it very easy to take the shuttle provided by the Hilton Galveston Island. We spent 2 nights there. We even rented a car to get around the island. Enterprise picked me up at the Hilton and brought me to their office and then dropped me back off at the hotel the morning of the cruise after I returned the car. Very easy to get around.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!