Garden at WDW

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
My mom is insisting that she read or saw that there was gardening "thing" at WDW. She said it might be something to do with Topiary (sp). Does something like this exist??

That would probably be the Flower and Garden Festival that runs a few weeks in the spring? I haven't ever been, but from what I've seen they put out a lot of topiaries in Epcot, and the flowers are in full force.

If you ever get the chance to go to the Garden and Flower show... Do it!!! It is FANTASTIC!!!

I am thinking it is on the flower and garden show. She is thinking it is more like a class, learning different techniques about topiary??

I would love to go to the Flower and Garden show at WDW, sometime. I would also love to know the name of a lot of the plants at Epcot. I saw something that looked like an avocado tree, but I'm sure that it wasn't. Next time we go I'm going to ask!:)

I just got back from the Flower and Garden show at Epcot. They have nationally known guest speakers each Friday and Saturday covering all topics. During the week they a have guest speakers from the University of Florida, Disney and the Sponsoring Company, which is Southern Living. When I was there Paul James from HGTV was the special guest speaker and he was great. All of the speakers cover the different parts of the US, not just Florida.

The Topairies are all over Epcot. All most everywhere you look you can find them. There is no one area that has more than the other. The center of the show is in Innovations West. They have vendors there plus demonstrations for all ages. We spent three days going to the speakers and just walking around looking. All of the plants that they use have names on them. I learned quite a lot of things to help me with my gardening. this year it runs from May 19 to June 2nd. If you ever get the chance to come it is well worth it.
Some of the must sees;

The Power of Flowers
Kids Gardening: Storybook adventures
Gardening for food around the World-- went to this it was great
Water Garden Wonders
Tip top Turf
Terrific Trees
Florida Dooryard Gardens
Also it was a topiary salute to 100 years of Magic. They were all great, but in my opinion the best was "Tramp aned Lady with spagehetti between them. Everyone was ooing and aaahing over them.
there were so many subject that they covered I could sit here for a long time writing them.

they also have Flower POwer. at the american gardens theatre.

when we were there the performer was Davy JOnes. He did a great show. some of ther other to perfrom are

surivivor
Orleans
gary lew and the Playboys
Paul revere and the Raiders

I hope this helped with any questions you had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter