Garden Grill and a 4 yr old Boy?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
It's been 5 years since we I was in Disney. I am talking my 4 yr old grandchild who is a very picky eater! Does the Garden Grill offer a selections for children beyond what is listed on lunch menu? Specifically chicken fingers that is all he will eat!

Last edited:
It's been 5 years since we I was in Disney. I am talking my 4 yr old grandchild who is a very picky eater! Does the Garden Grill offer a selections for children beyond what is listed on lunch menu? Specifically chicken fingers that is all he will eat!
If not on menu most likely no. I know they have some kid offerings but don't know about chicken fingers for sure

They've never subbed anything out for us. We first went there when my DS was going through a picky phase and he barely ate anything. I believe he ate, what became, a very expensive roll. If you are looking for a character meal, the buffets may be a better bet for your family as the will have an array of basic, kid-friendlier, fare.

I don't think they have chicken tenders. If I remember correctly, they have roast chicken legs, mac and cheese and fries for kids.

When you sit down, just ask, you may be surprised. We went to Tiffins and the server was asking about our kiddos - and she was able to get us "breaded chicken pieces" for my picky toddler son... I am sure the chefs loved that, but they did it! It was not the normal chicken nugget they serve on property, but clearly they breaded and fried pieces of chicken just for him. He gobbled it up.

Although at a family style place like that they may not be able to accommodate, asking doesn't hurt. He may be so excited by farmer mickey he'll eat some different stuff anyway... and if worse comes to worse there is a great food court in the land pavilion :)

Food choices are somewhat limited. If there is no tenders on the menu, I would not count on them. Characters are the best anywhere on property. Our then 4 year old did not really eat well there but had a fantastic time with the characters.

No chicken nuggets on the menu, but you could ask nicely and hope for the best. Our waitress at Ohana brought DD mac and cheese when she noticed she wasn't eating and that's not on their menu. You could also just plan on getting nuggets elsewhere after you go to Garden Grill if you really don't want to miss out on Farmer Mickey. We enjoy Garden Grill's food and the character interaction is excellent so it's a must do for us. It's one of the better character meals in our opinion!

My daughter is as picky as it gets. Everything has to be plain, no sauce or spice on anything. On vacation, all of a sudden she eats different foods that she wont touch at home! Maybe its my cooking :)

If GG is where you want to bring him, I would do it. You might be surprised and see he'll try something new knowing there are no chicken tenders around.

They had no other options available than what was on the menu, we asked.

My 4 year old grandson is beyond picky.

They said there was nothing else other than what they had on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!