Gas use / Rental car companies

JSG

Earning My Ears
I continue to debate with myself whether it's worth the splurge to rent a car for our visit this summer, but lately I'm leaning toward renting over town car transportation from the airport. Even if we use the buses for the major parks (I've used the buses several times in the past and it's always been okay), I keep thinking a car will make life much easier for water park and DD visits.

That said - can anyone tell me how much gas I can expect to use driving roundtrip from MCO with no more than one or two trips within WDW per day during our 6-day visit (no visits off site to Universal, etc.)? Can I do it in less than one tank (smaller car, compact probably)? Considering gas prices, gas is at least another $20+ to think about in weighing my options.

Also - no matter how often I check, the Dollar FVG rate seems to be--by far--the cheapest option. Even with AAA and DC, National is easily $100 more than the prices I'm getting from Dollar. Any other suggestions for rental companies/codes to try (for July), preferably in the MCO terminal.

Thanks!

Trip to and from airport and using car a couple of times a day within WDW will likely use about 1/2 a tank of gas. With rental car companies you just have to keep checking each one on a regular basis as prices often change.

I rented a car both times I've been to WDW, first time it was a Cavalier, second time was a Montecarlo.

The first trip the mileage was over 400 miles in 10 days, stayed offsite in the International Drive, in front of Wet and Wild, very close to Universal.
3 round trips to the airport
Visited Universal once
Visited Belz Twice
About 6 trips to WDW
Visited the Downtown Orlando
Got lost several times, he he.
... and used only 1 tank (returned the Cavalier's tank almost empty).

The second trip we stayed onsite, but used the car anyway, went to Belz, International Drive several times for a week. At the end of the week filled the tank in Downtown Disney ($18) and returnet to the airport. I think we used 3/4 tank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter