Gastric Sleeve?

Sorry, I miss-typed. My BMI was 72-73. Unfortunately, you will get a lot of hate from people. Both from the internet and from people close to you. I lost several relationships because they thought bariatric surgery was the "easy" way out. Mainly from family members. But I also gained a lot of close friends. I'm 2 years postop and don't regret it at all. I hope the surgery goes well.
There is going to be a whole lot that will not be easy though. People don't seem to realize that. Thank you for your support. Many people are in disbelief when I even tell them that the FDA has approved the Lap Band for a BMI of 30 with at least another health factor such as being diabetic. Which I am.

There is going to be a whole lot that will not be easy though. People don't seem to realize that. Thank you for your support. Many people are in disbelief when I even tell them that the FDA has approved the Lap Band for a BMI of 30 with at least another health factor such as being diabetic. Which I am.

Ive always had the opinion anyone who thinks it’s easy doesn’t know just how many steps are involved to get it. Or the diet post op. I was lucky. I only had one friend protest it initially. And that was because she had seen her uncle fail with the lapband. That changed with time and success. She actually had the sleeve herself last year (I’m almost 6 years post op now) so some minds can be changed it just takes some patience at times.

Honestly having seen the issues that the band can cause I actually wish it wasn’t still a thing. There’s a lot of surgeons who won’t do it anymore

Ive always had the opinion anyone who thinks it’s easy doesn’t know just how many steps are involved to get it. Or the diet post op. I was lucky. I only had one friend protest it initially. And that was because she had seen her uncle fail with the lapband. That changed with time and success. She actually had the sleeve herself last year (I’m almost 6 years post op now) so some minds can be changed it just takes some patience at times.

Honestly having seen the issues that the band can cause I actually wish it wasn’t still a thing. There’s a lot of surgeons who won’t do it anymore
I am having the sleeve, not the Lap Band. I was just saying that most people don't even believe me about the FDA lowering the requirements for the Lap Band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!