GATWICK twilight checkin closing end october.

DisneyAli

Mouseketeer
Virgin confirmed by email to me today that they will be closing Gatwick twilight checkin at the end of October 2002 as it is the end of the summer season. Not happy...:(

Oh, what a pain for you. Does it say anywhere in the Virgin brochures about it only being open for summer season?? If not, I'd be tempted to write to Mr Branson expressing concern and disappointment because this was one of the main pluses for choosing Virgin, type thing.

You can try writing to Sir Richard Branson c/o Virgin Holidays,
The Galleria, Crawley, W Sussex RH10 1ZP, but you won't get a reply from him!!

I wrote a personally addressed letter to him few months ago because Virgin had completely mis-quoted for our holiday, but of course "he's so busy he cannot possibly answer all the personal letters to him". However, write anyway because the more people write, the more they'll (hopefully) take notice.

I was under the impression that the Virgin planes are chock-a- block year round, so don't understand why they're shutting this service end-October:confused:

I'm really annoyed about this too :mad: :mad:

We haven't even had chance to use it yet and it looks like it will be the same for our December 2003 holiday.

Last year the same thing happened. However, we had a bit of a campaign on the old UK DIS board and Virgin changed their mind. Whether this was due to us of not, I don't know. Then September 11th happened and it was closed anyway (probably a good excuse for Virgn).

Theresa

Well this doesn't surprise me at all. If Virgin can take away inflight entertainment from their deaf and hard of hearing customers, I'm sure they have no worries about taking about the Twilight Check in service either!

We had planned on using this service in December as we are travelling down to Gatwick the night before, so now it looks like we will be queueing with the hoards the next morning! :rolleyes:

Finally got an E-mail back from Virgin.

Looks like good news.....

Tony
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email.

Having spoken with Virgin Atlantic Airways, I can advise that a decision has now been made to keep the twilight check-in desks open in definitely. This is subject to change due to airport security.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Clair Coats
Virgin Holidays
Customer Services Assistant Manager
0870 990 8830

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats really great news,
but your still left thinking their left hand dosen't know what their right hands doing :D

i got this reply this afternoon:-

I can confirm that the twilight check in will be kept open all year round and will therefore be open in October 2002.

Clair Coats
Virgin Holidays
Customer Services Assistant Manager

good news for a change.:)

Seems like we all got the same reply from the same woman at Virgin. Another result for DIS power ????

That's great news :D

Now we can go back to our original plans and fingers crossed the next 6 months will bring NO more changes! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter