Gear thoughts around USF/IOA parks & resorts

DizBee Brian

KUNGALOOSH!!!!
Hi All,

Going to USF/IOA in July. havent been in many years! For those like myself, i enjoy the planning as much as I do the vacation! So with that said, I would like to hear from those of you that have recently been to USF or Disney [or any theme park for that matter??] about the gear you take? The reasoning for taking? Pros or Cons? Etc?

What I own:
-BODIES: Sony A7ii; A7; A6000; & RX100 iii [everything else is too old to even be in the discussion]
-FF LENSES: 24-70 F4 & 70-200 both F4; 14 F2.8 Rokinon; 28 F2.0; 55 F1.8; 85 F1.4 Rokinon; 100 F2.8 Rokinon; 135 F2.8 [old canon manual focus lens].
-CROP LENSES: 16-50 & 55-210 both F3.5-5.6; 16 F2.8; 30 macro; 50 F1.8
-BAGS: WAAAYY TOO MANY to mention here....But I do love my Peak Designs 20L; 30L and the 13inch everyday messenger.

My last vacation was 2 years ago, a cruise to Bermuda. I took everything [including video gear, ugh what was i thinking??]. I wound up using the RX100 iii around the island for pics [my GoPro for video] and my A6000 on the ship. I don't think i even touched the A7ii/A7?

So this time I plan on bringing just the RX100iii and the A6000 w 16-50; 55-210; 16 & 50. Using the camera for both Pics and video. Along with my Amazon Basics CF tripod [folds to ~11 inches and extends to ~ 4.5 ft?? I never measured it, lol.] and the PD 20L & the PD messenger [WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IF ANYONE HAS OPINIONS ON WHICH THEY LIKE BETTER AROUND THE PARKS?] Both have +/- for around NYC [where i work] and on Staten Island [where i live] IMO. I assume that would xfer over into theme parks but hey, ya never know??

So thoughts, comments, opinions and well wishes are all welcomed!!! Sound off Togs!!

Thanks in advance and

Kungaloosh!

Hi All,

Going to USF/IOA in July. havent been in many years! For those like myself, i enjoy the planning as much as I do the vacation! So with that said, I would like to hear from those of you that have recently been to USF or Disney [or any theme park for that matter??] about the gear you take? The reasoning for taking? Pros or Cons? Etc?

What I own:
-BODIES: Sony A7ii; A7; A6000; & RX100 iii [everything else is too old to even be in the discussion]
-FF LENSES: 24-70 F4 & 70-200 both F4; 14 F2.8 Rokinon; 28 F2.0; 55 F1.8; 85 F1.4 Rokinon; 100 F2.8 Rokinon; 135 F2.8 [old canon manual focus lens].
-CROP LENSES: 16-50 & 55-210 both F3.5-5.6; 16 F2.8; 30 macro; 50 F1.8
-BAGS: WAAAYY TOO MANY to mention here....But I do love my Peak Designs 20L; 30L and the 13inch everyday messenger.

My last vacation was 2 years ago, a cruise to Bermuda. I took everything [including video gear, ugh what was i thinking??]. I wound up using the RX100 iii around the island for pics [my GoPro for video] and my A6000 on the ship. I don't think i even touched the A7ii/A7?

So this time I plan on bringing just the RX100iii and the A6000 w 16-50; 55-210; 16 & 50. Using the camera for both Pics and video. Along with my Amazon Basics CF tripod [folds to ~11 inches and extends to ~ 4.5 ft?? I never measured it, lol.] and the PD 20L & the PD messenger [WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IF ANYONE HAS OPINIONS ON WHICH THEY LIKE BETTER AROUND THE PARKS?] Both have +/- for around NYC [where i work] and on Staten Island [where i live] IMO. I assume that would xfer over into theme parks but hey, ya never know??

So thoughts, comments, opinions and well wishes are all welcomed!!! Sound off Togs!!

Thanks in advance and

Kungaloosh!

my thoughts - that's a lot of camera gear to lug around the parks!
I usually carry a small mirrorless and one or two "pancake" style lens
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

my thoughts - that's a lot of camera gear to lug around the parks!
I usually carry a small mirrorless and one or two "pancake" style lens

So this time I plan on bringing just the RX100iii and the A6000 w 16-50; 55-210; 16 & 50. Using the camera for both Pics and video

Perhaps i wasnt clear.... RX100 iii is small and that will be my park camera. Easily held in a pocket. The A6000 and 4 lenses will be my resort set up...used to take pics around city walk, the resort, most likely in the early AM [before the kids get up] or evenings...for me time!!

thanks all, I appreciate the feedback and the pic!! great shot Havoc

-Kungaloosh all!

Just be aware, Universal is much less camera-friendly than Disney. They don’t allow photography on many rides, and will require you to locker your camera bag often. So be prepared for a lot of trips to/from the lockers.

Perhaps i wasnt clear.... RX100 iii is small and that will be my park camera. Easily held in a pocket. The A6000 and 4 lenses will be my resort set up...used to take pics around city walk, the resort, most likely in the early AM [before the kids get up] or evenings...for me time!!

thanks all, I appreciate the feedback and the pic!! great shot Havoc

-Kungaloosh all!

OK, just to be clear most mirrorless cameras and 'pancake' lens can be easily held in a pocket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!