generations discount?

mickman1962

I gotta go where it's warm
Just made my reservation for 8/04 for the RP. (no discounts available yet) however the woman informed me about a "generations rate" that they ran this year. It was available if you are booking with 3 generations (i.e. grand/parent/child) said this year there was a "substantial" discount on one room or the option for a second adjoining room for half off your first room (not sure if that is 50% off rack or 50% off what you paying for the first room. I had never read about this here or anywhere and was wondering if anyone knew more? I was calling from work and had to get off the phone.

When in August are you going? We're going August 10-13! Can't wait! Would love to meet some people off the board!!

The Generation G program addresses the growing trend of grandparents traveling with their grandchildren. Available chain-wide, Generation G is a collection of three packages, each designed to bring the generations closer together. Packages include discounts to local attractions, special amenities and a goodie bag filled with helpful "Tips for Successful Grandparent Travel." Generation G packages are specific to each hotel, with each showcasing the activities and attractions of the property's city or resort location. As such, individual package components and rates vary.

Found for HRH:
Generation G:Bringing 2 generations of rock together,
Loews Hotels' Generation G program is designed for
grandparents and grandchildren traveling together. The
amenities and services of this program have been created
with sharing in mind. Enjoy having adjoining rooms, a
take home memory album, a phone card to call home and a
disposable camera. There are different customized packages
for the Generation G program. Please contact the Front
Desk for details.

Found for Portofino:
generation g

Something magical happens when grandparents and grandchildren travel together. To make these moments more memorable, Loews has created a program with amenities and services designed for sharing. Based on availability, we offer adjoining rooms at half price. And that's just the beginning. Our welcome includes a photo memory album, a handy phonecard to call home, matching luggage tags, a free movie and popcorn, a kid's cookbook and even a kid's passport. Plus a list of area attractions that kids will love. As always, toys and video games are just a phone call away.

generation g

We’ve created fun and educational packages to enhance the time that Grandparents and Grandkids spend traveling together, with exclusive discounts, amenities, and programs that are kid-friendly and grandparent-sensitive. The program showcase the particular flavor of each location, and all packages include adjoining rooms at reduced rates, a take-home memory album, disposable camera , a phone card for calling parents, and the helpful publication "Tips for Successful Grandparent Travel."

Browse the Special Offers area for Generation G packages offered by each Loews Hotel.

http://www.loewshotels.com/aboutus_programs.asp

thanks for the info mickman and Jessica --

this is our situation -- we need two rooms for grandma. Can I get the discount by calling Universal or do I need to call Loews?

Thanks!

according to the waman I spoke with at Universal you can do it thru them, however as with the other discounts none are available yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter