Genie+ Refresh Roulette - can I gamble and win big?

SamRothstein

Earning My Ears
So, like most of you, we've been planning this trip for 70 years, or so it seems. My family consists of myself, wife, and two boys 9 & 6. We have been to MK on a day trip in 2017 which neither of the kids remember, I've never been outside of that trip, and wife hasn't been since she was a young kid, so we're counting this as our first trip. We've had a heck of a time trying to get this thing planned out, and we've pushed, postponed and rescheduled several times. We're finally settled in for November 5th-12th which we figured would be a nice slow time - then we found out about Jersey Week and realized it'll be as busy as any other time. I've done my best to keep up with the ever-changing world of Genie+, wildly inaccurate crowd levels, new rides, new nighttime spectaculars, addition of Mickey's Christmas party and everything else but it's been exhausting, and I've wanted to cancel the whole trip several times, but I'm pushing through and *think* I've come up with a stable plan. - As I'm typing this out, we found cheaper flights home leaving at 6pm instead of 3pm, so we're jumping on that and adding a final park day - I promise I'm staying positive and fluid:crazy2:! The Christmas party shutting down MK at 6pm half of our stay really threw me off, as we really wanted to end the trip with a firework show which now puts us at Epcot on Veterans Day, Friday the 11th. I can't justify spending $600 for the party! I've been using the touring plans system, this forum and others to try and organize my days. I'm very open to changing things around and rearranging my thinking.

I've seen a few blog posts and videos about stacking G+ and then refreshing over and over for a desired ride a few minutes away. This seems like a very interesting strategy, and I've seen a few people have it pay off big.

Our plan is 8 park days - arrival & departure day plus one full at MK, two days at HS and Epcot and one day at AK. I'm trying to break it up with some late start days where we stack G+ rides until the afternoon while playing at the pool. We're staying at Pop, no park hoppers and plan on using G+ every day. Apparently, I just missed the ability to add G+ for the duration, which is just another added frustration - I'm already salty about having to wake up at 6am😪 every day of the trip, but it is what it is. Wife and I plan to both be up and ready to book G+ at 7am, and prioritize our top rides - mostly thrill rides, for best results. After getting the first few major attractions down, I'm going to try to play "refresh roulette" and keep refreshing for the quickest ride we can get on to max out G+ usage. For full park days, we want to have a longer sit-down meal, and do quick service for dinner. We're also not opposed to leaving the park at mid-day and heading back in the afternoon.

Arrival day Saturday 5th - We land at MCO around 11am, and plan on taking Uber to Pop and dropping our bags at the bell hop, unless our room is magically ready. I suspect we should be able to arrive at MK around 1pm with a pocketful of G+ and ILL times stacked up. Focus on Adventureland, Liberty Square & Tomorrowland. If we can land Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise all in one evening, I'd be super happy. We'll grind out to see Enchantment. Lunch and dinner will be QS - I'm thinking Casey's Corner and Cosmic Ray's.

Sunday 6th - AK - Full day with a few breaks. Attempt to rope drop Na'vi River, EE and Kilimanjaro. Focus G+ on FOP, EE, Dinosaur. Other rides of interest are Triceratops Spin, Kali River Rapids, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Conservation station/Wildlife Express, It's Tough to be a Bug. Planning some free time at the boneyard and walking the various trails. For lunch we want Yak & Yeti and dinner at Flame Tree.

Monday 7th - Epcot - Early day. Rope drop... Test Track? Focus G+ on Guardians, Test Track, Soarin, Remy. Other rides to hit are Mission Space, Living with the Land, Seas with Nemo, Journey, Gran Fiesta, Frozen. Will stay out of World Showcase this day and focus on rides. We're looking at Rose & Crown Fireworks dining package - hoping to get it Thursday, but will rearrange to slot it in here if we can snag it.

Tuesday 8th - HS - Rope drop MFSR or SDD. Start with early entry and focus on focus on Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land and Grand Avenue this day. G+ focus will of course RotR, MFSR and SDD. I see I'm supposed to book SDD and RotR first. We'd also like to ride Alien Swirling Saucers, Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy, Muppet Vision and Toy Story Mania. If I can catch RotR a second or even third time in the late evening, I'm all about it! For lunch we have SciFi or 50's Prime Time and dinner at Docking Bay 7, and hopefully Ogas for a relaxing drink.

Wednesday 9th - HS - Sleep in, pool and stack G+. Focus on Sunset Boulevard, Echo Lake, Animation Courtyard & Chinese Theater. G+ will try to grab Rock N Roller Coaster, ToT and Star Tours - I'm also not opposed to doing LL/ILL for SDD and Rise again. Other rides we want are Frozen, Star Wars Launch Bay & Mickey & Minnie's Runway Railway. Lunch is Rosies All American and Mama Melrose's and for dinner, with Ogas if we don't get it the first day.

Thursday 10th - Epcot - Sleep in, pool and stack G+ - desperately hoping for a Topolino's breakfast- Ride and G+ focus will be Guardians, Test Track, anything we want to ride again or missed previously. Stroll through World Showcase snacking around the world. Would prefer Rose & Crown Harmonious package this evening.

Friday 11th - MK (Xmas party evening) - Focus on Frontierland & Fantasyland this day. G+ focus will be 7DMT, BTM, Splash - if we can also catch some LL for other areas, I'm open to it. Other rides of interest are Dumbo, Mickey's Philharmagic, Barnstormer & It's a Small World. For lunch we're looking at Skipper Canteen and dinner at Casey's corner. The park closes at 6pm today due to the Xmas party.

Saturday 12th - MK - Leisurely morning checking out and leaving bags at Bell Service before heading for the last day at MK. Plan is to try for any last-minute thrills with G+ and enjoying a nice lunch before leaving the park around 3pm for a 7pm flight.

Last edited:
Soooo I got everything except the fireworks dining! Super happy overall.

I added in Hacienda during Enchantment, but unsure if we’ll venture out to stand in the crowd to watch it or not - still holding out hope Rose and Crown will come through. I wound up with a boat load some places because I kept getting errors and retyping, not realizing they were booking. Ikept a few Ogas to try and figure best placement for a refreshing break.

Sunday 6 th Animal Kingdom
Yak & Yeti 330p

Monday 7th Epcot
Teppan Edo 1210p

Tuesday 8th Hollywood Studios
Ogas 1120
Ogas 150
SciFi 305

Wednesday 9th Hollywood Studios
Ogas 125
Mama Melrose 630p
Ogas 710

Thursday 10th Epcot
Topolino’s 11a
Garden Grill 6p (you guys are super helpful)
La Hacienda 8:15p (waffling)

Friday 11th Magic Kingdom
Skipper Canteen 1240

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter