"GET AWAY, SCURVY!!" – A May 2017 Whirlwind Long Weekend TR

I do sometimes have to briefly close my eyes for certain motions too. I've also never tried Soarin, and I'm a little nervous, but I think I will next time. Josh has always said I'd be fine on it, but the last few times it's been more a case of the lines being too long and preferring TT for a FP.

I suspect you'd probably be fine on it, too. Especially if you could do FOP with no problems. I'm super sensitive and can't do motion simulators typically, but it's so gentle that it didn't bother me at all except for a couple of moments where I closed my eyes for a second. Maybe you can get it as a same-day FP or something sometime, because we found evening availability for it as a 4th or 5th FP when we were there.

I'm sorry to hear you were feeling off. I have a finicky stomach too, sure does stink!

I am SO glad to hear you did well on Soarin and enjoyed it! One of my favorites :lovestruc

Love the D&B bag you bought!

Cute final PP pictures to capture the end of a long but fun Disney day!!

I'm sorry to hear you were feeling off. I have a finicky stomach too, sure does stink!

I am SO glad to hear you did well on Soarin and enjoyed it! One of my favorites :lovestruc

Love the D&B bag you bought!

Cute final PP pictures to capture the end of a long but fun Disney day!!

Having a touchy stomach is the worst! But Soarin' was really great! And thanks, I'm really fond of my D&B, and very protective of it now! haha

. (Something we don't typically do unless at Universal because of my habit of traveling with my entire life in my bag everywhere I go.)
I'm normally the same way. I can't go completely bag-less but I do condense into a pretty small purse.

We checked wait times and ended up choosing Laugh Floor so we could all sit together. The show was really cute, and there were a few new jokes added fairly recently.
I love the laugh floor!

The lights were on in Space Mountain! It really puts into perspective how crazy the track is, and how close together everything is in there. *shudder*
It's awesome to see but I agree, it's a little unnerving as well!!

We got to the "building our future" bit, and when it asked us "What kind of person are you?" I thought over our spur of the moment decisions today and selected "I like to wing it," crying, "We're Winging it Today! We're Spontaneous!" It's not often I get to say things like that.

It was at this point, as I tried to take pictures/video of our futures, that my phone died. And suddenly this TR has fewer photos. This is the last photo of the day from my phone:

6xXwjRr.jpg
And N gets the Swiss cheese head!

We would meet back at a particular time "at the entrance to world showcase," which I indicated by pointing my finger in that direction as I said it. N quickly agreed and promptly turned and ran away. As he was turning, I had a brief moment where I was positive that he didn't understand where I was going to meet him, and I almost ran after him to confirm...but then I shook it off and headed off in the direction of Guest Relations.
That's ominous. I bet I can guess what happens next lol

wish I'd been able to see it when it was Soarin' Over California, because I know many people liked that version a lot better
I actually didn't. I prefer the new version!

On our way out I showed N the Dooney bags and he agreed with my choice and encouraged me to get it. I couldn't take a picture since my phone was dead, but here's one I've taken since getting home. I love it soo much. I usually get buyer's remorse about expensive purchases. Not this one.
Sooooo cute!!

At this point I turned to N and told him I liked Disney tours. It won't be our last one.
I love Disney tours! We have done "Behind the Seeds" and "From Marceline to Magic". I'd love to check the AK tours too, especially the Wild Africa Trek.
They finished their spiel and still had more time left, so they went on to tell us all about elephant poop...and it's many medicinal properties...and how it's used and consumed in their countries...I'll spare you the details.
Well......that might be a little more detail than I'd need!
I called the bakery and they set up a tasting for me for only $25.
Awesome!!!
Then we got to taste our cakes. We had four to try, plus an extra one Brittany had included for us because it went well with the frostings we picked. Cakes: brownie, pumpkin, cinnamon French toastie, carrot, and red velvet. Frostings (L to R): maple, vanilla, mocha, chocolate, cinnamon, and mint.
Sounds fabulous! Cinnamon and brownie...who knew???
I got in touch with our wedding officiant, Reverend Kevin Knox
How nice that you got to meet in person! It sounds like he is a really good fit for you. :)
Basin White!
My favourite!
You'll notice that I look kinda silly in this picture, but that's ok. Ariane described my look in the pictures we took as something like a perky teenager, which is actually totally accurate to how I feel most of the time in real life.
This is a super cute pic of you both!
It was at this point, as I tried to take pictures/video of our futures, that my phone died. And suddenly this TR has fewer photos. This is the last photo of the day from my phone:
I love the photos from Spaceship Earth!
The verdict? I LOVED Soarin'! I wish I'd been able to see it when it was Soarin' Over California, because I know many people liked that version a lot better. And I don't think it's the best ride ever made or anything, or that it necessarily deserves the crazy hype it sometimes gets. But I just found it such a fun, pleasant ride, amplified by the fact that I never thought I'd ride it, and I just had!
Isn't it great!!! Glad you loved it!
n our way out I showed N the Dooney bags and he agreed with my choice and encouraged me to get it. I couldn't take a picture since my phone was dead, but here's one I've taken since getting home. I love it soo much. I usually get buyer's remorse about expensive purchases. Not this one.
O. M.G!!!!! So, so pretty! Welcome to the obsession! I got my first D&B in 2015 (a brown leather sketch LC), then a white sketch backpack for my birthday that year. Then my husband knocked it out of the park by getting me the HM satchel for Christmas. I found a white sketch wristlet for $40 on Kijji (great place to look btw), received a 2014 Tink marathon wristlet for my bday last year and the matching LC for Christmas. I picked up the Small World pouchette last summer and this birthday I was thrilled to receive the Princess Keys tote. It is so addictive but very, very fun! There is also a great resale/trade group on FB. Welcome to the club!!
On the way out we paused briefly for photopass:
Beautiful picture!

Not so sure how I got so behind. I was pretty sure I was up to date since I hadn't got any recent notifications you had update... anyways I am here now!

..did he clue in that something wasn't normal and ask me what was going on. Surprise = successful
Ahhh great job with the surprise!!!!!

I thought I had quoted about the cake tasting but I must have missed it! I am bummed I can't see the pictures but it all sounds yummy! I'll just have to stay Uber for the wedding TR to see everything!

I parked the #luxurysedan and we hopped out
:rotfl: this # cracks me up.

There were even roses. :eek: (In my TR notes, it says: "I peed fancy." :snooty:
HAHAHAHA. That sounds like something I would say in my notes!

I had never been to a Basin store before, and I took far too much joy in perusing the many many soaps I decided I needed to have, and in trying the different scrubs.
Ohhh Basin!!! I purchased some Jasmin scented perfume there last year and loved it!:love:

I asked N and he seemed confused. We did have plans to go to Epcot, after all. But Ariane and Steve were just minutes away in the MK, and we had no idea how long we'd be stuck on the monorail...N got on board with the idea pretty quickly (he's MUCH more open to spontaneity than I usually am,) and we switched monorails. I messaged Ariane back that we'd had a change of plans and were on our way, and in minutes we were entering the Magic Kingdom for the first time of the trip...
Sounds like it was a good decision! Ariane is such a sweet person!

After the show we were close by, so they suggested we ride the people mover. While we were on it something cool happened that I'd only seen once before and Ariane and Steve got to see in person for the first time:
Ahh I so want to see this but I'm scared I won't ride it again.

N was debating getting a turkey leg, but we decided to save it for our full MK day the next day (spoiler alert: the turkey leg never happened)
I used to beg mom to buy me one when I was little because they always looked so yummy. She never did because she said I wouldn't not eat all of it. To this day I have never had one.

Not exactly how I meant it! ...also, N loves the smell of a burning empire. I'm a little concerned.
Hahahaha

I kept trying to problem-solve a solution, only to remember..."It's in the bag." I could take photos with my actual camera...which is in the bag. I could just give it some juice from my external battery charger that is...in the bag. And suddenly, my new mantra was born: "Bagless Sucks."
I am totally a bag girl! I can't stand not being prepared!

Real talk here: Photobucket is dumb. I noticed some of my Dis friends having issues with their photos disappearing because they'd taken up too much bandwidth (were too large, viewed too many times, etc.) and so I decided I'd switch and stop using Photobucket. Well, now it's also happened to me! I've already started using Imgur for my new images, but at some point hopefully I'll have time to go back and switch over all the pictures in my previous updates so I won't have to worry about you not being able to see them.
I'm so sad I missed out on most of your pictures over the last few updates! stupid photobucket!

The verdict? I LOVED Soarin'! I wish I'd been able to see it when it was Soarin' Over California, because I know many people liked that version a lot better. And I don't think it's the best ride ever made or anything, or that it necessarily deserves the crazy hype it sometimes gets. But I just found it such a fun, pleasant ride, amplified by the fact that I never thought I'd ride it, and I just had!
Glad you loved it! It is truly one of the best!

On our way out I showed N the Dooney bags and he agreed with my choice and encouraged me to get it. I couldn't take a picture since my phone was dead, but here's one I've taken since getting home. I love it soo much. I usually get buyer's remorse about expensive purchases. Not this one.
I love this Dooney! I have regretted not buying the tote! It is so much prettier than last years Flower and garden one!

As a matter of fact, I do have some pictures! You'll be sorry you asked. :P

This is one he painted me after my neurosurgery because I love purple. I think he spent a little more than three minutes on it because he thought it was important. :P It hangs in our bathroom now.

You KNOW as an artist that you hit it big, when someone displays your work in a bathroom! I am an artist too, and make my canvases the same way! It's tough because either you get someone who doesn't know how to measure or the blades are so dull, it tears the "'wood." This is a fun trip report to read! We just booked a whirlwind trip last night because Frontier offered $20 flights nonstop from Indy to Orlando! We are staying at Pop 2 nights and leaving in 11 days! Can't wait to see Pandora!

18817620_1767817416882379_1071383703_o_zpsiuwwaoai.jpg

He does all different things, space, nature, and a lot of specific fandom type things at comic conventions.

17097674_1305955889450842_5343259833646254079_o_zpstay3cdp4.jpg
18237757_1358194030893694_4336782348133426264_o_zpsmrnhctfc.jpg
12376624_1024979397548494_4629590723729659359_n_zpsavqoi00g.jpg
18359017_1365250700188027_7650556779726496838_o_zpsxgmn6bdv.jpg
12974474_1035564406489993_988022034090302156_n_zpsstgbkmjv.jpg
18121534_1353004348079329_4806910583873573734_o_zps8tklx8ml.jpg

This is one we collaborated on together when we were getting read for our first Disney trip and in the Disney/Pixar spirit (I like to dabble in art, too, but with a brush. He painted first and then I added stuff):

13029592_1043349875711446_2713901448309537271_o_zpscylaor2z.jpg

And then sometimes he gets requests to paint murals or unconventional objects like guitars, surfboards, cars, motorcycles, (or as you can see in the below picture, a hippy van. :P)

12924382_1028803690499398_8647246432028267370_n_zps9kgllxqr.jpg
1910334_992390400807394_8506642368569807607_n_zps9d6n1p7z.jpg

And N gets the Swiss cheese head!

I get kinda disappointed at this point if nobody has a Swiss cheese head in these pictures now! :P

I love Disney tours! We have done "Behind the Seeds" and "From Marceline to Magic". I'd love to check the AK tours too, especially the Wild Africa Trek.

Those are two other tours I'd really like to do! I've been debating adding Behind the Seeds on Epcot afternoon, but I'm worried about the heat in the greenhouses in summer. I might suck it up and do it anyway.

Sounds fabulous! Cinnamon and brownie...who knew???

Right?? I guess I figure if it can work for Mexican hot chocolate, then it can work for us! :)

How nice that you got to meet in person! It sounds like he is a really good fit for you. :)

He was lovely! It really helped put me at ease about our day.

O. M.G!!!!! So, so pretty! Welcome to the obsession! I got my first D&B in 2015 (a brown leather sketch LC), then a white sketch backpack for my birthday that year. Then my husband knocked it out of the park by getting me the HM satchel for Christmas. I found a white sketch wristlet for $40 on Kijji (great place to look btw), received a 2014 Tink marathon wristlet for my bday last year and the matching LC for Christmas. I picked up the Small World pouchette last summer and this birthday I was thrilled to receive the Princess Keys tote. It is so addictive but very, very fun! There is also a great resale/trade group on FB. Welcome to the club!!

Agreed!! It's an expensive hobby, but I won't be surprised if this isn't my last one...

I thought I had quoted about the cake tasting but I must have missed it! I am bummed I can't see the pictures but it all sounds yummy! I'll just have to stay Uber for the wedding TR to see everything!

It was delish!

Ohhh Basin!!! I purchased some Jasmin scented perfume there last year and loved it!:love:

That sounds fabulous!

Sounds like it was a good decision! Ariane is such a sweet person!

Agreed! It was so nice to meet her and Steve.

I'm so sad I missed out on most of your pictures over the last few updates! stupid photobucket!

I'm planning to get back and switch everything over when I get the chance, but it's a long process! I did a bunch of them on my older trip report today, and I got halfway through and needed a serious break.

I love this Dooney! I have regretted not buying the tote! It is so much prettier than last years Flower and garden one!

So pretty!! I'm so glad I got this one. I was also tempted by the red/black/white one with the minnie mouse bows print, but this one was calling me. :)

And suddenly, my new mantra was born: "Bagless Sucks."

Girl I have been there before. It does suck. You're always missing something you need!

As he was turning, I had a brief moment where I was positive that he didn't understand where I was going to meet him, and I almost ran after him to confirm...but then I shook it off and headed off in the direction of Guest Relations.

I could tell this was foreshadowing...

I picked up a few and shoved them in my too-small pockets...since I had no bag.

Because bagless sucks.

My fears were coming true: there was no way he was actually this late and he just didn't know where to meet me.

Knew it! :(

But once we got "up," I allowed myself to peek for a second...and I was so excited! It didn't make me sick! I started to feel less nervous, and I managed to do the entire ride with only a couple of short queasy moments. (The end of the China scene gets me, but most of the rest was fine!)

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I have motion sickness problems too! I had brain surgery... 18 years ago and ever since then I've had problems on certain rides. I always close my eyes at the end of China!

Ugh I make myself so nervous before rides too. Even if I've been on them before sometimes. I do sometimes have to briefly close my eyes for certain motions too.

Same! This is usually worse than the actual motion sickness.

We ducked into Sunshine Seasons to get some real actual food.

Mmm, tasty GF food.

I love it soo much.

I love the Disney Dooneys, and this one is BEAUTIFUL!

My Fitbit stats for the day were pretty impressive compared to my typical days working in an office:

Jeez! That's great! But no wonder you guys were exhausted!

Girl I have been there before. It does suck. You're always missing something you need!

Absolutely! Never again. The idea of being bagless is appealing, but it doesn't work for my style.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I have motion sickness problems too! I had brain surgery... 18 years ago and ever since then I've had problems on certain rides. I always close my eyes at the end of China!

I suspect we would have a lot in common then! I had surgery for a Chiari Malformation (around brain stem area) about 3 years ago, and some things are much better for me after surgery, but some not so much.

I love the Disney Dooneys, and this one is BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks! I think so, too! They're addictive though. Now that I have one I keep looking at others... :P

"I Like it, but I Don't Like it 65 Minutes"
Disney Day 2 - Part 1

It was time for the day I'd been most looking forward to: Magic Kingdom Day! We'd gotten a taste of MK the day before, but this day was exciting because we had finally done most of our planning stuff and were able to just focus on enjoying park touring.

I woke up this morning and looked at the time: 4:49am. Makes sense since that's almost exactly when I get up, at 5:45am Atlantic time. But it felt pretty lousy on vacation! I dozed for a bit and then took my time getting ready, and then got N up.

I got a few pictures of the outside of our building at the timeshare, and then we were off.

b3iP8V7.jpg
vJjl0QU.jpg

We drove over to the TTC with the intention of experiencing the new rope drop procedure at MK. I frantically made N take sign photos on the way.

l5nHdLx.jpg
WrBdegO.jpg

There was quite a line for the express monorail, so we hopped on the resort monorail with no wait...

O55AScs.jpg
xfHhBoV.jpg
ILpkmpW.jpg

...and soon we were entering the Magic Kingdom.

cAbz5Kb.jpg

We've begun a new tradition of taking Train Station selfies. This one wasn't fabulous, but it didn't happen unless you post the picture, so here it is:

dXyP3Ir.jpg

I'll stop here to say that I have mixed feelings about the new security and rope drop procedure. I really liked that we could casually stroll down Main Street before park opening, taking our time to get photopass pictures or stop into shops. It also felt MUCH safer not to have the crowds at a bottleneck under the train station. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't take away some of the magic for me. I LOVED the welcome show at the train station, as I know many did. We ended up missing part of the new castle show because we'd been getting photopass pictures, so I'm going to make it a priority to see it all in August and give it a chance. But I didn't fall in love.

I did take a selfie to alert everyone that I was in the Magic Kingdom:

wNoYao8.jpg

So on our way to the castle we'd stopped for photopass twice. The first photographer was just fine...

Gr1mEMm.jpg
jEUDCfF.jpg
mkYYi0w.jpg
MLsrF4i.jpg

...but the second photographer was really fun! He was taking all kinds of time with people, and when one kid in front of us went up he gave the kid a Baymax-inspired fist bump. I was totally jealous and told N I wanted a fist bump, too. So being the decent human being he is, N gave me a Baymax fist bump. We got up for our turn:

lvSL0yD.jpg
aAShlBU.jpg
liaMB2V.jpg
2tUU7OK.jpg

We caught the end of the castle show, and I'm interested to give it more of a chance this summer.

LqYxIJ1.jpg
ijgn4TQ.jpg

Another reason I didn't love the new welcome show? It may have just been a coincidence, but when rope dropping the old way I'd never been stuck behind such a crowd on the way toward Adventureland of all places!

RqDMS75.jpg

My MK priority this day was FRONTIERLAND! So although I always rope drop Fantasyland, this time we went left instead of right! I needed to do Splash (which happens to be my favourite ride at WDW by a narrow margin), Big Thunder, and get a new maple popcorn which is only sold at MK in Frontierland.

Our first stop was Splash!

AI791kR.jpg

It was even more exciting because N and I had watched Song of the South for the first time in the days leading up to our trip to get more of the backstory of my favourite ride, and so this time we had more context for some of the scenes with Brer Fox, Brer Rabbit, and Brer Bear! We requested the back row so we wouldn't be likely to get as soaked first thing in the morning, and off we went. I could hardly contain my excitement as we ascended the first big lift...and then....we stopped. Mid-hill. #DisneyIsSeriouslyBroken

WIEEZPz.jpg

We were uncomfortably trying to hold up our heads at that angle...

gPW0dkX.jpg

And there we sat for at least 10 minutes. Just when I was expecting to be in it for the long haul...wondering if my Frontierland plan was going to ruin all our prime park-touring time...expecting to hear the message that we'd be evacuated...as the cheerful ride dialogue bits looped on repeat...we started moving again! Phew! Dodged that bullet! I'd like to experience a safe ride evac someday just to cross it off the bucket list, but this morning we had things to do!

All went well after this point. We noticed after having seen the movie that Disney intelligently replaced the Tar Baby in that scene with a beehive. Good call. We got perfectly misted coming down the final drop! As we were about to go down, N asked what we were doing for our ride picture. I'd planned to do a happy thumbs up pose...which we both attempted...apparently it's hard to do when you're screaming:

dBmbe2a.jpg

Let's just push in a little closer on that....

PaUYUga.jpg

It was a good try. And it still makes me laugh to look at it. It reminds me a little of a meme I always saw going around Facebook during exam season:

7nFrB2f.jpg

Then it was Big Thunder time, and we were happy to see that the wait time was still quite low despite our hold-up on Splash. We had barrels of fun on the wildest ride in the wilderness, and N commented that he could notice how much weight he'd lost since our last trip because this time he was sliding around the car much more! ...perhaps I should clue him in that those lap bars go down as far as you push them... :rotfl:

After BTMR I was on a popcorn mission! I checked the snack cart by the train station, only to find it closed! No maple popcorn!

We took a walk toward Fantasyland to squeeze a few rides in before lunch, and I took some photos on the way. And just when I was cycling through the stages of grief for the popcorn I'd dreamed so much about, we saw the OTHER Frontierland popcorn cart...a.k.a. the correct cart. Maple popcorn was saved!!

It was so delicious! As a Canadian, I feel required to say that the maple flavor wasn't quite strong enough for my tastes and it was almost more just like a typical salty/sweet kettle corn. (We're big maple fans though since N's family owned a sugarbush all his life, so it's probably just the right amount for most people.) But it hit the spot! With one must-have snack down, we decided we'd also get a dole whip and "share them both."

DjX4Yi5.jpg

This is what "sharing them" looked like:

EUGETUJ.jpg

#snackhoarder

At some point we looked at wait times and noticed that Peter Pan already had a wait of 65 minutes, which is where this chapter title came from. There are some rides that I really enjoy, but that I can't understand why anyone would want to wait much more than 30 minutes for...including that one.

Our day at MK was off to a great start, with more firsts and familiar favorites to come...

I'll stop here to say that I have mixed feelings about the new security and rope drop procedure. I really liked that we could casually stroll down Main Street before park opening, taking our time to get photopass pictures or stop into shops. It also felt MUCH safer not to have the crowds at a bottleneck under the train station. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't take away some of the magic for me. I LOVED the welcome show at the train station, as I know many did. We ended up missing part of the new castle show because we'd been getting photopass pictures, so I'm going to make it a priority to see it all in August and give it a chance. But I didn't fall in love.
My thoughts exactly!!! I don't just love it...
Your castle pictures turned out good!
I've always wanted to get evacuated off of Splash.. Maybe one day...
I am thinking of doing a Frontierland Rope Drop one day...Maybe we can pull it off in September!

I've been reading along but I'm a terrible commenter.

Up next it was time for our tour. Even as we were checking in and I was asking to make sure it wouldn't be cancelled in the rain, N didn't realize what was going on. Only as they were handing us our name tags (printed on recycled elephant poop paper!)...

...did he clue in that something wasn't normal and ask me what was going on. Surprise = successful!

I love Disney surprises! Last summer I surprised my fiance with the World of Color Dessert Party at DLR. I told him it was so terrible and expensive so he would stop looking into it himself... I took him to pull fastpasses for the regular viewing area in the morning... I let him take the lead to go line up for the regular viewing area... and then I grabbed his arm and pulled him in line for the Dessert Party :) I'm trying to think of a fun surprise for our Disneymoon.

unless I wanted everyone else to eat MY gluten-filled wedding cake while I was given a free gluten free cupcake or plate of fruit. Um, no thanks. My wedding, my cake.
Exactly!

before I stopped myself to remember that this was supposed to be a budget trip, which hadn't included the purchase of a dozen 6-dollar soaps.
I'm bad at budget trip. Spontaneous weekend trip to Vegas! We can stay in budget... until we buy Cirque tickets! We can take a budget trip to WDW - and then we book 5 table service meals, including Le Cellier, and a BOG breakfast. We ended up canceling Le Cellier, but doing a Festival of the Arts dining package... so not much better. I can usually do so well sticking to the budget, until I leave my state :rotfl2:

#ThankThePhonenicians
I say this all the time, for no reason now.

Bagless Sucks
Just the idea of bagless makes me anxious. I try to be picky about what I carry in my small crossbody bag, but I NEED IT ALL! I need a camera and extra battery and external battery and sunglasses and sunscreen and a pen and ponchos and... yup. I was anxious for you every time you needed something and didn't have your bag.

It reminds me a little of a meme I always saw going around Facebook during exam season:

I have this at my desk at work, because it basically describes how my company runs.

EUGETUJ.jpg

#snackhoarder

#approve

We look like this; it just depends on what the items are as to who's hoarding each time! The other night, we went to a Cirque du Soleil show, and got popcorn. We got to our seats and Zack was doing something, silencing his phone maybe, and he gave me his drink to hold because he knew I wouldn't drink it (I don't like pop), and he didn't want me to start on the popcorn without him! popcorn:: I like popcorn okay, but Zack REALLY likes popcorn... yet we haven't had Disney popcorn? What is wrong with the world? :confused3

There are some rides that I really enjoy, but that I can't understand why anyone would want to wait much more than 30 minutes for...including that one.
This is how I feel too! I like Peter Pan a lot... but an hour? Why? The regular queue is really neat, but not that neat...

Your castle pictures turned out good!

Thanks!!

I am thinking of doing a Frontierland Rope Drop one day...Maybe we can pull it off in September!

You should give it a try! We really enjoyed it! If there were a day I had FP for other things I wanted to do in Fantasyland like 7DMT, Peter Pan, etc., I would totally do it this way again.

I love Disney surprises! Last summer I surprised my fiance with the World of Color Dessert Party at DLR. I told him it was so terrible and expensive so he would stop looking into it himself... I took him to pull fastpasses for the regular viewing area in the morning... I let him take the lead to go line up for the regular viewing area... and then I grabbed his arm and pulled him in line for the Dessert Party :) I'm trying to think of a fun surprise for our Disneymoon.

What a fabulous surprise! I don't think I've managed to keep any surprises up my sleeve for this trip, but I've got one or two in mind for Marathon Weekend in January...

I'm bad at budget trip. Spontaneous weekend trip to Vegas! We can stay in budget... until we buy Cirque tickets! We can take a budget trip to WDW - and then we book 5 table service meals, including Le Cellier, and a BOG breakfast. We ended up canceling Le Cellier, but doing a Festival of the Arts dining package... so not much better. I can usually do so well sticking to the budget, until I leave my state :rotfl2:

It's SO easy to go over budget on vacation! The whole point of going away is to treat yo' self! :)

Just the idea of bagless makes me anxious. I try to be picky about what I carry in my small crossbody bag, but I NEED IT ALL! I need a camera and extra battery and external battery and sunglasses and sunscreen and a pen and ponchos and... yup. I was anxious for you every time you needed something and didn't have your bag.

Yeah...never again. The next day I spent the evening only carrying around my Dooney, rather than a bookbag. Good compromise. But I don't think I would ever want to go without again.

#approve

We look like this; it just depends on what the items are as to who's hoarding each time! The other night, we went to a Cirque du Soleil show, and got popcorn. We got to our seats and Zack was doing something, silencing his phone maybe, and he gave me his drink to hold because he knew I wouldn't drink it (I don't like pop), and he didn't want me to start on the popcorn without him! popcorn:: I like popcorn okay, but Zack REALLY likes popcorn... yet we haven't had Disney popcorn? What is wrong with the world? :confused3

Haha wow! I feel this because I am also a BIG popcorn fan...if that photo didn't give that away! Haha

I highly recommend Disney popcorn. Not sure why it's so tasty. It's just like regular popcorn. But I love it because it's so allergy friendly for folks like me. And it's strangely addictive, I find.

"12 Dozen Eggs? That's Just for Competition Days."
Disney Day 2 - Part 2

Once we'd made our snack purchases, and I'd managed to consume massive quantities of them by myself, we continued making our way toward new Fantasyland to get a DAS return time for 7DMT. It was before 10am at this point, but it was already so hot!

qHXNAZv.jpg

Our return time was something like 45 minutes away, so we took a trip to the washrooms by Gaston's Tavern. While we were there I noticed that Gaston was about to meet at 10:00, and a line had already formed. It was long-ish, but didn't look terrible, and the CMs seemed super on top of things like they would keep it moving along, so I convinced N to wait with me. I kept meaning to meet Gaston on previous trips and never had, and the line was completely in the shade, so to me it was worth the wait.

Meeting Gaston was pretty fab for the photo ops and the funny banter. But since I have a lot of performance experience there was something about this friend of Gaston's that just didn't quite work for me. I don't know if he'd only known Gaston a short time, but he was funny when he was delivering a line, but in between everything he said it was kind of like he kept falling out of character and got really dead in the eyes. Oh well.

7XO0I0m.jpg
zfFVbKF.jpg
hrQ0LXc.jpg

He had been testing these adorable children in front of us on their flexing abilities...

PJ5EHUV.jpg

N decided at the last minute that he didn't want to go up for the meet, so he just got some extra photos. I told Gaston I'd brought N to see him because he'd been doing some working out and I thought seeing what he could become would be a good motivator, and Gaston said something about how it was a great idea because he couldn't imagine anyone not wanting to be just like him. Then N jumped in and asked him how many eggs he ate to look like that, but N forgot exactly how the song goes, so he asked him if it was 12 dozen. Gaston quipped about how 12 dozen was an awful lot of eggs so he'd only do that for competition days. :P But he was quick to keep with canon and suggest N start with 3-4 dozen, but that now that he's grown he, Gaston, can eat 5 dozen. :)

ApOuQo3.jpg
zXH7MVT.jpg
sZJLn0n.jpg
ypbGXIu.jpg

I really enjoyed my meet, and I was glad we did it, but I was already starting to have some issues with the heat—and was thanking the Disney gods for my use of DAS for mine train!—so we took some time to cool off in Journey of the Little Mermaid.

3U2kw3f.jpg

The queue was very short, and I felt a little better once we got under cover and into the cool ride. We also got our first redcard of the trip, which I always feel the need to document.

UPy5fKv.jpg

I never manage to get any good photos of this ride, so I was pleased with a couple I snagged on my phone

PWf8OJl.jpg
LfahON1.jpg
lmVc5Xi.jpg

And for all the ladies (or gents) who can't get enough of Triton's hot bod...

VCd08LV.jpg

After this we popped out for some photopass pictures, and as always I asked the PP photographer if he could also take one on my phone. He was very nice, but very socially awkward about the whole encounter, and when we thanked him he went off on a strange little rabbit trail about how he was glad he could get the picture on my phone for us, as if it was something that he was normally incapable of doing... weird... but I have pictures from the encounter.

JxBMCJv.jpg
4HWqR8Z.jpg

We had more time to kill before Mine Train, and I was already getting to the point of needing to hop from one A/C-location to another. So I popped into Gaston's Tavern because I had wanted to check the ingredients on the new macarons there. They are gluten free, I learned, but some of the other ingredients wouldn't have sat well with me so I left them behind. Probably for the best since they're a little pricey.

We were looking for another short/AC'd queue...where would we go next?...

Last edited:
But since I have a lot of performance experience there was something about this friend of Gaston's that just didn't quite work for me. I don't know if he'd only known Gaston a short time, but he was funny when he was delivering a line, but in between everything he said it was kind of like he kept falling out of character and got really dead in the eyes. Oh well.
Glad you finally got to meet him! He usually is spot on, although the first time we met him he was a little off that day.. Maybe you will need to give him another try in August!

Meeting Gaston was pretty fab for the photo ops and the funny banter. But since I have a lot of performance experience there was something about this friend of Gaston's that just didn't quite work for me. I don't know if he'd only known Gaston a short time, but he was funny when he was delivering a line, but in between everything he said it was kind of like he kept falling out of character and got really dead in the eyes. Oh well.

Obviously he's dead behind the eyes because he still wants Belle and can't have her so he's just putting on a Gaston act :rotfl:so perfectly in character!

We've still never met him!

strange little rabbit trail about how he was glad he could get the picture on my phone for us, as if it was something that he was normally incapable of doing... weird... but I have pictures from the encounter.

:rotfl:

I know... I get it and I can see the benefits of doing it this way, but I definitely miss the old welcome show!

Another reason I didn't love the new welcome show? It may have just been a coincidence, but when rope dropping the old way I'd never been stuck behind such a crowd on the way toward Adventureland of all places!
Yikes!

I could hardly contain my excitement as we ascended the first big lift...and then....we stopped. Mid-hill. #DisneyIsSeriouslyBroken
Awesome... I'm glad it at least didn't take too terribly long to get back up and running.

Let's just push in a little closer on that....

PaUYUga.jpg
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Totally makes me think of Kevin Bacon in Animal House...

giphy.gif

EUGETUJ.jpg
I don't blame you one bit. That's how I share my Disney snacks too!

Meeting Gaston was pretty fab for the photo ops and the funny banter. But since I have a lot of performance experience there was something about this friend of Gaston's that just didn't quite work for me.
I can see where experience might make you a little more critical of a character... I'm glad you were able to have a good meet and get some good pictures with him though!

We had more time to kill before Mine Train, and I was already getting to the point of needing to hop from one A/C-location to another.
Oh no... hopefully your day isn't ruined by the heat. I'm glad you're able to at least make use of the card and find some AC until it is time to ride.

Glad you finally got to meet him! He usually is spot on, although the first time we met him he was a little off that day.. Maybe you will need to give him another try in August!

I just might have to give him another shot! (Now that it's July, I can start saying "next month" I guess! So I'll have to see him next month!)

Obviously he's dead behind the eyes because he still wants Belle and can't have her so he's just putting on a Gaston act :rotfl:so perfectly in character!

We've still never met him!

Oh my gosh, this must have been why! It was all an act, while the truth is that he's really dead inside without Belle. Obviously.

Totally makes me think of Kevin Bacon in Animal House...

Yes. This.

I can see where experience might make you a little more critical of a character... I'm glad you were able to have a good meet and get some good pictures with him though!

It really was a pretty good meet! I tend to be too critical of face characters for this reason, so I should be reminding myself to chill out and just enjoy. I've mostly had really great meets though, so you can tell that Disney is verrrry picky with who they let their characters make friends with.

Oh no... hopefully your day isn't ruined by the heat. I'm glad you're able to at least make use of the card and find some AC until it is time to ride.

Spoiler alert: the heat definitely did affect our day, but it was pretty manageable in the scheme of things. We still managed to get in lots of Disney fun, so I'm definitely not complaining! It'll only be worse in August—though likely not too too much worse since we were there during a pretty intense heat wave in May—so I'm preparing myself now for taking lots of breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts