Get Fit For Disney!

hops&dreams said:
How are you doing on the shred? I just started doing it again yesterday.

I love it! I normally do a level plus 2 circuits of another level just to make it 40 minutes. I switch days between that and the firm. How are you liking it?

knightgrl25 said:
I love it! I normally do a level plus 2 circuits of another level just to make it 40 minutes. I switch days between that and the firm. How are you liking it?

I'm doing it the regular way, and doing it every day, including weekends. I missed last night, so I'm doubling up today... Once in the morning and again in the evening. I do 3 lb weights for the first 3 days of a level, then do 5 lb weights for days/workouts 4-7, then do 8 lbs for days 8-10.

I've done it before and am not as sore as last time. Maybe I'm more fit now than last time I did it?

I'm only on day 4, but I feel like my "muffin top" is smaller. Dh says I'm just imagining it. ???

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

hops&dreams said:
I'm doing it the regular way, and doing it every day, including weekends. I missed last night, so I'm doubling up today... Once in the morning and again in the evening. I do 3 lb weights for the first 3 days of a level, then do 5 lb weights for days/workouts 4-7, then do 8 lbs for days 8-10.

I've done it before and am not as sore as last time. Maybe I'm more fit now than last time I did it?

I'm only on day 4, but I feel like my "muffin top" is smaller. Dh says I'm just imagining it. ???

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've noticed that too. The very first time I started the shred I couldn't move the next day I was so sore! This time around I'm having to work extra to feel sore.

I'm impressed by your weights! I usually don't use any for her because its so hard. When I do I use 5 pound weights.

The first week you usually lose a lot more weight then you will normally so I'm sure you're not just imagining it!! I love doing the shred, it makes me feel much better!

I plan to read my way all through this thread when I get home.

Im on final day of Jason Vales 7lbs in 7 days diet, and off to Rome for the weekend but when I get home, I want to avoid falling back into my old eating habits and instead start up healthy.. Im a big fan of bread, potatoes, pasta etc!!

I decided the week of Halloween that I was going to lose 30 lbs by my June trip. Well by New Years I had already lost 20 lbs and 3 pants sizes. I still need to lose at least another 10lbs for me to be satisfied. I guess that means I should start doing some form of exercise. I'm just so lazy and unmotivated. I have learned a couple of cheats to make a healthier version of some of my favorites. Using eggplant instead of noodles for lasagna. Roasting cauliflower florets until golden for a popcorn substitute. I don't even like cauliflower but mash it up with a little garlic and it's a great substitute for mashed potatoes. I also enjoy butternut squash instead of potatoes for stews or shepards pie. I really want to get a spirooli. It can take a zucchini and turn it into spiral noodles so I can have a healthy "spaghetti" and meatballs. It also would make curly fries out of potatoes but I'm avoiding starch.
I do wish I had a house because maybe then I'd have room for a treadmill or elliptical. There's just no room in the apartment. Also not really enough room to do exercise videos properly.

Heading to Disney October too. Trying to lose 10kg (22lbs). First few weeks focus on my diet, I will add strength workouts after.

Going to cut added sugars for the next 2 weeks as first goal and will add/build on it.

Its really motivating to read success stories!

We are heading to Disney the week before Labor Day! My husband and I started the 24 day Challenge today, hoping to see some results! I'd like to lose about 25-30 lbs before our trip, if possible!

Good luck everyone!

I was inspired to begin losing weight because of Disney. In December 2014 (day after Christmas!) I spent the day at Magic Kingdom/Epcot. I planned on staying all day. I was 285 pounds. I had to leave before 6PM because I felt like my entire body was going to fall apart. I was in pain and irritable. I signed up for MFP in March 2015 and have lost a total of 110 pounds since then! My next Disney trip is in September and I'm hoping to lose an additional 10-15 pounds by that point.

Even more exciting, I'm hoping to begin planning a Disney wedding for September 2017 and I'd love to be at goal weight by then. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!