Get in the cruise mood CD

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
Ok, picture this...it's the morning of your cruise. You and your family have a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive to the port. What kind of music would you want in the CD player? I was thinking of having DH make a CD for our listening pleasure to get in that cruise mood.

I know we'd need some Baha Men
Move it like this
Put the lime in the Coconut

Also, some disney stuff
Under the Sea?

Um, some carribean stuff like
Don't Worry, Be Happy
Daylight come (banannas)
Iko, Iko
Feelin Hot, Hot, Hot
Ole, ole
Copacabana

How about party stuff like
we like to party
Celebration

Some Jimmy Buffet
Margaritaville

Anyway, please add to my list and tell me your favorite "get in the cruise mood" songs

Thanks!

I like when they play "who let the dogs out" at the sailoff party and Goofey and Pluto are dancing. Gets me in that Magic party mood.

YMCA by the Village People.
That's the Way I like it or Shake your booty by KC and the Sunshine band
HOliday by Madonna
We are Family
Chicken Dance
Macarena
Get the Party Started by Pink
CAn you move it like this, I can shake it like that------suggested by my 7 year old son. We don't know who does it.

Originally posted by takemeaway
CAn you move it like this, I can shake it like that------suggested by my 7 year old son. We don't know who does it.

That's the Baha Men and it's the first song on my list! Tell your son he has great taste!

"Soak up the Sun"
Sheryl Crow

"Kokamo"
Beach Boys

and my personal favorite,
"Cheeseburger in Paradise"
Jimmy Buffet

We bought La Vida Mickey CD on the cruise. It has the songs you heard on the ship on it. It's great. We still listen to it very often when we're in the car and it reminds us of our great vacation. It's got great tunes on it. It will definitely put you in the mood.

I've got a great one--------the new Kenny Chesney song:
"No shoes, no shirt, no problem" The video reminds me of the islands--Castaway Cay especially (wonder where it was filmed at???)

And I love the line "the sun and the sand and a drink in my hand, with no bottom"--just perfect. ;)

We are bringing our DCL video along and will pop it in on our 1 hour drive to the ship that morning.

GREAT pick Hilltopfamily! I love Kenny Chesney's "No shoes, no shirt, no problem"!! How cool is this, it just came on the radio!
I've never been to any islands but that song/video make me think that's what they are like! Can't wait to find out!!

Cindy

:wave:

Of course Jimmy is always good, but don't just stick to the "classics" of Jimmy.....venture out...."lovely Cruise", "Pirate Looks at 40", etc.
Also, I remember on our sail away from St. Thomas they played Hey Hey Goodbye. That would be a fun 1 to have on there!
Have a blast.....we're planning to do the same thing for our cruise next year. Hope you get all the songs that you want....I know I'm printing this thread out for my super geek husband to have as song suggestions for our CD.

Just remembered to think of the new one by Allen Jackson featuring Jimmy....."5 o'clock somewhere"....after all, the boat DOES sail at 5:00!!!

OK, maybe 1 day I'll get my head on straight. My only excuse is that I'm a music teacher and I'm still trying to get my schedule straightened out. DUH....."A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

How about some Disney songs with a cruise or vacation theme....can anyone think of any besides "under the sea"? We love Sebastian!

We haven't been on a DCL cruise yet (we'll fix that on 11/6/03), but I would also recommend the La Vida Mickey CD. "Enrique, Ricky and Mickey" is my personal favorite!

One of my favorite songs on the DCL CD that I made is "Hey Baby" If I close my eyes when I hear that song I can imagine myself dancing at the deck party in St Maarten. :bounce:

Get Disney's "Beauty and the Beat" It has several Disney songs in the steel drum version. The new 2 cd set by Jimmy Buffet is wonderful. I bought some steel drum cd's over the internet, Doug Walker has some good ones. Don't forget Harry Bellafonte, I know I spelled his name wrong. Another good band is New World. I bought their's while in Key West. These should get you in that Hot Hot Hot cruisin' mood. Just do a search for Steel Drum music. I found a lot that way. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter