Get Ready for a Western Adventure-August 2017 Wish Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

sweetpeama

DIS Veteran
Welcome to August and our great adventure around places in the West. We will explore lots of places and enjoy some great history this month including stopping by a fair or two. So grab your sunscreen and come join the fun.

I am Tammy and I will be your guide this month as we explore many of my favorite places some which there are ABD trips available and others that are not-though I think that they should be.

Everyone is welcome to participate - so whether this is your first month, ninth month, or hundredth month... jump in and get moving with your goal. You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you! We're a positive supportive team here - all encouragement and no drama.

It's up to YOU to set your goal for the month. You can check in as little or as much as you'd like. All I need from you is a progress report before the Monday of a new week. We, as your hosts, will post your percentage progress report so you can see how you're ranking with the rest of the group.

The more you put into this - the more you will get out of it.

We will also have daily discussion topics to build a sense of community. You can chat about Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal, Disney, Recipes, Walking, Disney, Running, Coaching Moments, and of course ... Disney!

If this sounds fun - then this is the place for you. Nothing is off limits.

Sorry no pictures I have yet to figure out how especially since photobucket is being a putz.

Adventurers

Sweetpeama

HappyGrape

4Mickeys

Oneanne

dolewhipdreams

Lady Marie

piglet1979

4Holidays

Flossbolna

DisFam95

jwishart86

glss1/2fll

littlebittyhouse

Dumbo777

Last edited:

I will go with behavior goals again

I will be consistent with my calorie tracking and aiming for 1 800 to 2 200 calories a day. This sounds a lot, but I am not aiming to lose weight and I am away for 9 days so maintaining would be actually awesome!
15000 steps a day average
3 workouts weekly
I will try one new recipe weekly when I return, and I will aim to come up with list of dinners between 500 and 700 calories that I can rotate.

I will stop eating as many protein bars or drink protein shakes. Lol, they are just candy I know! I find since drinking protein powder i crave a lot more sweets.

Everyone is welcome to participate - so whether this is your first month, nineth month, or hundredth month... jump in and get moving with your goal. You can join us at any time and begin the first step of your journey to a better you! We're a positive supportive team here - all encouragement and no drama.

It's up to YOU to set your goal for the month. You can check in as little or as much as you'd like. All I need from you is a progress report before the Monday of a new week. We, as your hosts, will post your percentage progress report so you can see how you're ranking with the rest of the group.

The more you put into this - the more you will get out of it.

We will also have daily discussion topics to build a sense of community. You can chat about Weight Watchers, My Fitness Pal, Disney, Recipes, Walking, Disney, Running, Coaching Moments, and of course ... Disney!

If this sounds fun - then this is the place for you. Nothing is off limits.

Note Even though I am in mountain time I tend to be up more with those outside the North American time zones due to my husband's work hours. I will more in likely be posting the daily question sometime between midnight and 2 am my time provided my computer does not decide to pull a not responding and preventing me from posting. I will be dropping in throughout the day to join in the discussion

I am in for August! My goal is 6 lbs.

It may be a stretch as I have a week vacation that is a road trip to see the eclipse. I habe no idea how will get steps in while in the car for several days or find healthy food.

I am doing WE, so a lot of focus on lower sugar, fat, or carbs, heavy on veggies and lean proteins. That sounds like McD's and Danny's, right?

August 1, 2017

Today I would like to welcome you to my part of the country. 12 year old took this picture a little over a week ago to show how bad the smoke was that day.

lJPNGH0.jpg

In contrast a picture taken along a creek in a neighboring county in early July, 2017

7DBvZe3.jpg

Water is a vital and often scare resource in the west yet at the same time can be powerful and even dangerous if it goes over the banks.

What have you found in your life that is vital and even powerful but if not respected can be a danger to you.

Bonus What sort of recreation do you like to do that involves water

Last edited:
With having the fair which means a lot of extra food including huckleberry ice cream ( yummy) my goal this month is to maintain where I am at for my weight from the beginning to the end of the month.

I am doing WE, so a lot of focus on lower sugar, fat, or carbs, heavy on veggies and lean proteins. That sounds like McD's and Danny's, right?

:rotfl: Definitely.

@sweetpeama - your DD is a good photographer - I am very excited for this month and getting to know your area of the US :-)

My Goals: To continue with the mostly eating at home with 10 opt outs. I will attempt again an activity goal - of 10 minutes purposeful healthy activity each day - this does not mean incidental walking - it means I have to purposely walk (or other activity) for my health for 10 minutes.

What have you found in your life that is vital and even powerful but if not respected can be a danger to you.

Food! All food - it is vital but is a danger to me when I don't respect my portion sizes or eat too often those with high calories. All of which I have done way too much.

I love water! I haven't done it much this year but last year I was paddling on the river on a surf-ski 1-2 mornings a week with friends - it was an effort to get out of bed in the morning - but was such a lovely start to the day. Otherwise a more relaxing use of it is for us to hit the beach - I tend to wade the in the shallows - I don't like big waves - they scare me. I love being by the water on the sand or sitting just at the edge with water lapping around me. It really improves my mood when I make the effort to go there - and it really shouldn't take me that much effort as I live around a 5-10 minute drive from the river and or the beach - but I let life get in the way.

August goals: Now that I've been on this whole 'diet' thing for a couple of months, I'm upping my goals. I'm going to go for 5 lbs lost this month PLUS I'm going to do the 30 day shred. I leave for WDW on the 31st and I want to get some nice tone and definition since it's now actually possible to see my muscles! It will be tough making myself exercise every day but dang it I want to look good in my Disney photos!

QOTD: For me personally, it's 'me' time. I am 100% a textbook introvert which means it is vital for me to have time alone to refuel and process things. However, I can get so sucked into it that even after I'm refueled, it can be difficult to get back out in the world among people.

Bonus: My husband jokes that I'm actually the little mermaid because of how much I love water. If there's a body of water nearby, I am drawn to it. If I want to be active then I love to kayak or swim. If I feel like relaxing then I love to set up a hammock by water and read.

This month my goal will be to lose 2 pounds. I will track my food, drink more water, exercise more and do squats everyday. I am hoping that since school starts in a few weeks i can get back to a routine. I have maintained my weight this summer but it is time for it to start coming off again. This does give me hope that when i hit my goal that I will be able to maintain it.

As for the question of the day I am not sure. Maybe just having kids and trying to have a schedule when dance only gives me a week to plan for things. I hope this changes. I have to be delicate with my daughter and my time away from her. She hates when I am gone and gets upset. It is worse if I am gone when it is bed time.

Water activities -- I do not like any of them. I will go in the pool at Disney to cool off but other then that I do not go water activities.

QOTD- For me it is food. You have to eat so it can't be avoided but since about 30, once married and with kids, and inlaws...it became a real problem. Sugar and caffeine for being tired, carbs for stress...I turned to food like many people. Trying very hard to get a handle on it.

Water- Love to drink it! We have a pool but this yr I have not used it nearly as much as most yrs. It has felt much hotter, very high indexes, few clouds or rain to help cool things off. We lived a block from the beach for a few yrs when the kids were young. We used to spend hours in the ocean. I put them in floaties and we would go out pretty far and just enjoy it, watch for fish, get carried into shore then do it again and again. Loved it. We are on the Hillsboro canal now but this is not like the intercoastal, it has snapping turtles, snakes, lots of fish, the occasional gator as it ends up in the everglades about 7/8 miles to the west. Everyone had docks onto the canal but South Florida Water Management tore them all down to redo the banks and now it will be about 15K to put up an "approved" design, so no more dock.

Very interesting question. Food is the obvious answer for me as well. No escaping eating, but man, I can over do it in a heartbeat if I'm not careful!

I do love water recreation but like @4Mickeys I let life get in the way even though I'm so close to the water! This year I have been better at making time for the beach (for relaxing), but I told DH that I may want to get a kayak or paddleboard in the future. We kayaked one summer along a river and it was so much fun! A bit different from beach kayaking (which I've done a little) but it's something I think I could get into.

We are on the Hillsboro canal now but this is not like the intercoastal, it has snapping turtles, snakes, lots of fish, the occasional gator as it ends up in the everglades about 7/8 miles to the west.

Well, we really are in the same neck of the woods. I live east, but my family and in-laws live out that way. We sometimes drive out to the end of Lox to watch the sun go down. The mosquitoes can be overwhelming, and I find the gators a little too friendly at dusk, but the sunsets cab be BEAUTIFUL out there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!