Getting disney Visa just for perks?

stellastar23

Earning My Ears
I was given an option of getting the disney visa card with a $200 gift card with first purchase. I currently have 1 card that I pay off monthly, and I'm quite happy with that card. I am going to disney in late august and got imo a great deal. If the vacation turns out good, I'll probably make this an annual trip. The points on the card isn't the best, and I'm not likely to use it for anything other than the trip. I usually buy $50ish dollars worth of stuff from the disney store every 2 months, so I'd probably use the card for that as well. Besides that, the card won't serve much purpose. However, a meet and greet, a little bonus from the trip, and 10% off the $50, likely pre registration for the trip (I booked the last minute I possibly could which had a few issue of its own),and the $200 doesn't sound too bad. Any ideas? Thanks!

I just got the Disney Visa for the $200 gift card. I had another card I used for purchases and I decided to switch over to the Disney card. I just looked at it this way. I'm going to go to Disney every year. Sometimes twice. The card rewards lower the price of my Disney trip. Unless you're getting great rewards on your other card (they're all typically 1-2 percent, you fly alot and need sky miles etc) might as well make your Disney trip cheaper.

Plus you get a credit card with Mickey on it!!! Just makes me happier to pull it out cause I think of vacation everytime. :love:

There is a premier Disney card that offers 2% cash back. It does have an annual fee of $49. If you charge a lot, it could be worth the $49 to get double the rewards dollars. They are offering special 5% rewards (premier card only) for groceries, gas and something else (I can't remember) for the first 3 months you have the card.

As for the Epcot meet and greet, I think you have to time it just right. We tried to do it in early December last year. We walked over at about 12:45 and the line already wrapped halfway around the Innoventions building perimeter. We skipped it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter