Getting from the airport to the hotels.

Has anyone had any success with the Universal Superstar shuttle? Not sure if I should keep it on my reservation or not.

We used this shuttle a couple of months ago and were very satisfied. We received paperwork online and checked in at the desk at MCO. We went out to the pick up area and were on the bus within a few minutes. We had two other families on board and were at HRH in about 45 minutes. The trip back to the airport was very efficient as well! I would use it again.

Has anyone had any success with the Universal Superstar shuttle? Not sure if I should keep it on my reservation or not.
It's $35/ person round trip, correct? Unless you are a party of 1, you can save money if you go the ride sharing route. Round trip with Uber or Lyft would be $55-70 total (not per person). If you have more than 4 people though you'd have to pay for a larger car size so expect to pay more (an Uber XL would still work out cheaper though :)). If you aren't comfortable with ride sharing and ok with the amount, stick with the shuttle. But, otherwise I'd explore options. Even a car service is usually just $100 roundtrip for your whole family.

I used them once on a quick, low budget trip. The trip to the hotel was okay - shared shuttle, reasonable line to pick up tickets, semi-clear instructions on where to go, one stop at another hotel. The trip back to the airport was a complete disaster. Pick-up was over a hour late - with three panicked phone calls to the company - and I finally wound up leaving the hotel 45 minutes before my flight was due to board. And when I got home, I got absolutely no response - frankly all I wanted was an apology - from either Universal or Superstar. Then I looked up Superstar reviews on-line and saw what a mess they were and decided never again! From then on, I spend a little bit of extra money ($70 for 2 people for the shuttle versus $100 + tip for a private service) and guarantee myself that a car with a fantastic driver will be there when I need it.

I used them once on a quick, low budget trip. The trip to the hotel was okay - shared shuttle, reasonable line to pick up tickets, semi-clear instructions on where to go, one stop at another hotel. The trip back to the airport was a complete disaster. Pick-up was over a hour late - with three panicked phone calls to the company - and I finally wound up leaving the hotel 45 minutes before my flight was due to board. And when I got home, I got absolutely no response - frankly all I wanted was an apology - from either Universal or Superstar. Then I looked up Superstar reviews on-line and saw what a mess they were and decided never again! From then on, I spend a little bit of extra money ($70 for 2 people for the shuttle versus $100 + tip for a private service) and guarantee myself that a car with a fantastic driver will be there when I need it.
I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. Your particular experience is exactly why my wife is hesitant with us using the shuttle service. Thankfully our trip is not until next March, so I may just end up cancelling that part of the reservation and going another route. Thanks for the advice.

I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. Your particular experience is exactly why my wife is hesitant with us using the shuttle service. Thankfully our trip is not until next March, so I may just end up cancelling that part of the reservation and going another route. Thanks for the advice.

Glad that I could help!

If you are looking for a private car, like most others, I swear by Tony Hinds. He is such a great guy and I have 150% confidence in him (or his other drivers) every time we go to Universal. And after such a bad experience with Superstar, that's saying something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!