Getting off the ship

chiburple

DIS Veteran
How fast are guests usually allowed off the ship once it's docked? We have an excursion scheduled at 9:30, the ship is supposed to dock at 9am. Also, on our last disembarkation day, we have a flight at 10:45am and the airport is half an hour from the port. The ship docks at 7am. Enough time?

What about embarkation? Do they let you board at the time printed on your seapass?
Thanks,
Marise

Yeah that is going to depend on which ship, which port, and when you are sailing. Disembarkation will also depend on whether you plan to self-disembark (strongly recommend to make your flight), which port, which airport.

Oh, yes I probably should have included that information...Oups. Disembarkation is in Copenhagen on Serenade of the Seas. Yes, I think we will self-disembark. The excursion is in Bergen (no tender).

Denmark. Nice!

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with cruising in Europe so I can't help out with terminal-airport times.

Is the excursion a private one or a Royal Caribbean excursion? In the case of the latter, it's highly likely that they won't start until everyone is present. In the case of the former, contact the provider to make sure they know when the ship is docking and that you have a designated pick up point.

Denmark. Nice!

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with cruising in Europe so I can't help out with terminal-airport times.

Is the excursion a private one or a Royal Caribbean excursion? In the case of the latter, it's highly likely that they won't start until everyone is present. In the case of the former, contact the provider to make sure they know when the ship is docking and that you have a designated pick up point.

Thanks for your help! It's a private excursion. Do they typically make those of us disembarking on our own wait a long time before we can disembark?

Not really. Cruise-booked excursions get priority, but once the initial bottleneck is cleared (say 5-15 minutes) it's pretty clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter