Getting the Fall discount if arriving on a Sat???

VeronicaZS

DIS Veteran
So if I am arriving Sat Nov 4 am I totally out of luck with this discount? My Mom and I have reservations at the Yacht Club and I was able to get the discount applied to her reservation but her dates are Nov 5-10 for 2 people, mine are 4-11 for 5 people. After an hour wait this morning the CM said my reservation wasn't eligible because of the weekend dates. I would do a split stay at the YC or BC but even that doesn't seem feasible with the availability that is showing on the stupid glitchy website.
Dates are set, we already have flights. I can't believe I may have to pay rack rate.

So if I am arriving Sat Nov 4 am I totally out of luck with this discount? My Mom and I have reservations at the Yacht Club and I was able to get the discount applied to her reservation but her dates are Nov 5-10 for 2 people, mine are 4-11 for 5 people. After an hour wait this morning the CM said my reservation wasn't eligible because of the weekend dates. I would do a split stay at the YC or BC but even that doesn't seem feasible with the availability that is showing on the stupid glitchy website.
Dates are set, we already have flights. I can't believe I may have to pay rack rate.
Sorry you're not having any luck...........did you know that the week you're going is a Marathon weekend, Jersey week, and the last full week of F&W, availability is already tight prior to any discounts.............plus the weekends are blacked out up to 11/11. It's a shame the 3 weekend days are killing you're options. Curious that your Mom's stay starts on a Sunday and that didn't hurt her for a discount because of it being a weekend day?

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat........traveling the same days. The issue with a split stay is that it messes up the dining package and FP selections. Did you talk to the CM about trying some sort of split?

Best of luck.........moving forward :)

Doug :goofy:

It does appear that there are restrictions on the discount based on arrival date. If you're not arriving on an eligible date, you will pay rack rate, unless you can do a split.

did you know that the week you're going is a Marathon weekend, Jersey week, and the last full week of F&W, availability is already tight prior to any discounts.............plus the weekends are blacked out up to 11/11. It's a shame the 3 weekend days are killing you're options. Curious that your Mom's stay starts on a Sunday and that didn't hurt her for a discount because of it being a weekend day?

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat........traveling the same days. The issue with a split stay is that it messes up the dining package and FP selections. Did you talk to the CM about trying some sort of split?
I am not sure I knew all that way back in 2016 when I was looking at the school (Fairfax, VA) calendar for a good time to take a Fall Disney trip but I certainly figured it out once I started planning. Our school system has 2 days off that week and Fairfax is pretty large so I am sure we contribute to the "Jersey week" phenomenon. I think the marathon is only messing up our hotel options for Sat Nov 4 so hopefully that won't have a week long impact.
In my panic this morning trying to secure the discount I vaguely asked about a split stay and the CM was unhelpful. I am going to try in the morning to see if I can get a yacht club room Nov 5-11 at the discounted rate and just do a one off at one of the Ecpot resorts for the night of the 4th. I have a room only which makes it easier.
The discount works for stays with a check in Sun-Thursday so my Mom lucked out!

Try & see if you can book Sat night rack rate & try & apply the discount to the rest of your trip. I've done that before. Sometimes I've even stayed at one resort to try it & move to another resort for the rest of my stay or even have done a split stay to get the discount. You can save a lot of $$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter