GF DVC - laundry area for studio rooms

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I know 1 and more bedroom DVC's have a washer & dryer in them. Congrats.

IF we stay in a studio GF DVC room - where is the laundry facilities we can use?

IS it in the same building as the GF DVC's?
Where ? 1st floor?

Thank you

It's on the 2nd or 3rd floor... It has 2 washers and dryers... They are free, however, be prepared for them to be being used at most times thru the day

I'll raise your bet and say that the VGF laundry room is on the 4th floor. Its very convenient and easy to get to, regardless of what floor your villa is on.

I used the laundry in Feb. Yes, 4th floor. When you get off the elevator, turn left and it's the first hallway on the left, first door on the right in that hallway.

I 'think' there were 2 washers/2 dryers. Smaller laundry room than some of the other DVC's I've used.

Here is a photo of VGF's laundry room. As you can see, it has two washing machines and four dryers.

DSCN1549_zpsd1b7196c.jpg

Thanks so much - if the DVC GF laundry is opened 24 hours - 7 days a week - we can even do laundry at mid-night if that is a better time - how about Saturday late night for laundry - we stay for 9 nights - Saturday would be our 5th day - good 1/2 way point for laundry.

So glad laundry is free :goodvibes

We were lucky during our last visit in May. We were on the 4th floor and very close to the laundry room. I didn't realize there weren't laundry rooms on every floor.

I used the laundry room on a Wednesday afternoon. No one else was there the entire time I had my things in the washer and dryer. I guess everyone else was in the parks!

Thanks so much - if the DVC GF laundry is opened 24 hours - 7 days a week - we can even do laundry at mid-night if that is a better time - how about Saturday late night for laundry - we stay for 9 nights - Saturday would be our 5th day - good 1/2 way point for laundry.

So glad laundry is free :goodvibes

guess VGF's laundry room is so convenient that it feels like there's one on every floor ;)
personally, we put clothes in the washer around 7:00am, take showers & return to put stuff in dryer.
my best advice is:
- go early (we've found it busier late night)
- make sure you get back before the washer or dryer cycle is done

any later in the day, it is just too frustrating for us (from the woman who was using every....single.....washer AND dryer - with many more baskets to go :sad2:, to the couple washing all their disney college program-er's bedding and clothes).

guess VGF's laundry room is so convenient that it feels like there's one on every floor ;)
personally, we put clothes in the washer around 7:00am, take showers & return to put stuff in dryer.
my best advice is:
- go early (we've found it busier late night)
- make sure you get back before the washer or dryer cycle is done

any later in the day, it is just too frustrating for us (from the woman who was using every....single.....washer AND dryer - with many more baskets to go :sad2:, to the couple washing all their disney college program-er's bedding and clothes).

This is why we usually like to get a 1 BR. But, of course, it is more points. The most frustrating laundry experience I had at Disney was last December at BWV. We were in a 1 BR; washed clothes, then discovered that the dryer didn't work. So, I joke that we got a new washer and dryer for Christmas, because they come as one unit. It was delivered to our unit on Christmas eve.

I like that they are full size washers and dryers.

Just a reminder, we found the hard way that you need to make sure you take a MB that has been used to open the door of your villa. DH switched MBs the day after we checked in at AKV and went to do laundry and he couldn't get into the laundry. Another DVC member let him in and I took him a MB that had opened the door to our villa. After that we always opened the door with all three of our MBs that we with us on our May trip (a 3 way split). We never had any problems using the MBs for the parks, but for doors around the resort including locked pools, like at BLT, you need to activate your MB on your villa door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter