• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GF Tea with a 3 (almost 4) year-old boy?

DeeCeeSW

DIS Veteran
Something tells me this is not a good idea, but has anyone ever done it? I know there is a "tea" selection for little ones there, so I guess the CMs are used to children...would it really be inappropriate for my 3 (soon to be 4) year-old to join us? All input is greatly appreciated!

My DD8 went with us in May and she was the only child there. Every child is different. Dottie was very sweet to my daughter and she enjoyed her Chocolate Tea. It is a wonderful experience.

Lori

The decision has been made for me--I called WDW-DINE and there was no availabilty for 3 for my entire week's stay. However, they had lots of tables for 2, so my husband and I will do this alone and leave the little one with the in-laws (a much better idea anyway, the more I think about it). Part of Christmas alone with my husband, it's been awhile...what a treat!

For future reference..if the little one isn't able to sit still for an hour or more without making disturbances..the tea is not for him.

While there was a child there when hubby and I went..her manners and behavior were amazing. The tea is very quiet and very relaxing..not really a place for children, unless they are like the one I mentioned.

I have taken my niece at 6 to a very nice tea room, though not at WDW:( . YET. Next trip we hope to take together. She loved it and her behavior was perfect. Her brother is 9 and there is no way I would take him. At four my DS would have loved it and would have been well behaved. Now at 12 he just looks at me when I mention the tea room for next trip :rolleyes: . Guess this will be a good girl activity.

Depends on the child. Glad you DH and you get some time alone at WDW while your child gets some grandparents time!! We do not do the sitter thing so we have never gotten any of that. Next trip will be with friends and DS is almost old enough to stay alone now so we are looking forward to some time too.

Jordans mom

My 4 yr old (she's 6 now) did very well at the tea. She was on her best behavior because the atmosphere there is very refined and she picked up on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter