• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

GFV models?

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Good morning. We are here now at BW. I'm wondering where the model rooms for GFV are located? We don't want to talk to a guide, but we do want to see the models and I understand that that's an option. Any info is appreciated.

Good morning. We are here now at BW. I'm wondering where the model rooms for GFV are located? We don't want to talk to a guide, but we do want to see the models and I understand that that's an option. Any info is appreciated.

The VGF models are at the Preview Center at SSR. You can make an appointment at any DVC kiosk. They will come pick you up in a red van and take you back if you can't get there on your own. Sorry, I'm pretty sure you will be assigned a guide to show you the models but they can't make you sit through the presentation. I'm sure they won't push it.

They also have AKV and Aulani rooms on display.

Go over to Saratoga Springs , then go over to the DVC building(where the guides are) and just ask anyone at the front desk and they will have someone walk you over.

Go over to Saratoga Springs , then go over to the DVC building(where the guides are) and just ask anyone at the front desk and they will have someone walk you over.
This is what we did. Someone took us through the models, we were not allowed to tour them on our own. In fact, we were really rushed through them because there was a guide with some fresh sales prospects coming in right behind us. We didn't even have time to take any photos. I'm glad I got to see them in person but it was disappointing at the same time. We took time out from our vacation to go all the way over to SSR, waited for 15-20 minutes for someone to take us over to the model rooms and then were rushed through so fast we couldn't really take it all in.

I went right to VGF 2 days after grand opening. They gave my family a tour of an actual 1 BR unit (not a model). My DW loved it. Maybe I can convince her to add on in the future (she's not keen on adding to our 160 at AKV at this point, but I will keep trying LOL).

Is there a model at VGF? I would think that there would be.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes, we were there on 11/5 and decided to just take a walk around the grounds of GFV since we've never really been.

Wasn't expecting a tour, but when we went to the lobby just to see it, they were offering tours of a 2-bedroom lock-off on the first floor. Yes it was guided tour, but not even the slightest sales pressure.

This may be a silly question, but can you tour the VGF model if you are already a DVC member? We just got our member cards last week and will be staying at SSR and GF. I love the GF and would like to see the VGF but we can't afford to buy it right now.

This may be a silly question, but can you tour the VGF model if you are already a DVC member? We just got our member cards last week and will be staying at SSR and GF. I love the GF and would like to see the VGF but we can't afford to buy it right now.

Yes, you most definitely can! :)

You just go to the counter at the preview center, and tell them you'd like a tour. You could also possibly see a unit at the actual resort, if you plan to visit the VGF building while you're staying at the Grand Floridian.

Have fun!

Yes, you most definitely can! :)

You just go to the counter at the preview center, and tell them you'd like a tour. You could also possibly see a unit at the actual resort, if you plan to visit the VGF building while you're staying at the Grand Floridian.

Have fun!

We will definitely be heading over to VGF because I really want a picture of the fountain. I love Mary Poppins and the penguins were my favorite part of the movie. Since we are staying at SSR first, I guess we'll tour the model and then go see if actual rooms are available to tour when we switch to GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter