GIft cards=AM?

seashell724

DIS Veteran
If I go to sobeys or Safeway and purchase gift cards (even Safeway or sobeys ones) can I get airmiles?

If I bought $100 worth of gift cards on a spend $100 and get 100 AM will I get the bonus?

I'm trying to save up for one more ticket to Disney but need an extra boost in earning. They are so expensive in AM.

Thanks!

If I go to sobeys or Safeway and purchase gift cards (even Safeway or sobeys ones) can I get airmiles?

If I bought $100 worth of gift cards on a spend $100 and get 100 AM will I get the bonus?

I'm trying to save up for one more ticket to Disney but need an extra boost in earning. They are so expensive in AM.

Thanks!
Generally speaking no but right now --- get thee to a Sobeys before close of business Thursday Buy a $150.00 Sobeys card and earn 150 AM. From the Sobeys website regarding using the cards:

Cards can be redeemed at Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON) locations across Canada*

*Sobeys gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1HO

On a regular day -- you will not earn AM on gift cards -- this type of offer happens about 3 - 4 times a year. If you aren't already following along in the Airmiles Alert thread, you should pop over there -- lots of good tips and we tend to analyze the upcoming flyers to help each other out!

Eek thanks!!!!!

Do you know if with the sobeys gift card if you can purchase other gift cards? LOL

Eek thanks!!!!!

Do you know if with the sobeys gift card if you can purchase other gift cards? LOL
I just did this yesterday. I asked the cashier if I could use a Sobey's gift card to buy another gift card and he said "sure you can, no problem." I was surprised. Not sure if it is usually allowed but the purchase went through without any trouble.

I just did this yesterday. I asked the cashier if I could use a Sobey's gift card to buy another gift card and he said "sure you can, no problem." I was surprised. Not sure if it is usually allowed but the purchase went through without any trouble.
Yes, their cash system will process it but Sobeys policy does not allow gift cards to pay for gift cards. You got lucky. Kind of dumb in my books...they should either allow you to purchase whatever you want or fix their terminals to not allow the transaction. I think until they do something to change this it's worth a try because all they can do is say no.

So far I have purchased Shell gas cards and iTunes gift cards with my Sobey's/Foodland gift cards and have had no trouble. I have done this at both Sobey's and Foodland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!