Gift cards and discounts

MickyLynn

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation for 10 for Storybook at Artist Point. Am I correct in thinking I can use gift cards and use my DVC discount? I want to pick up the cards from BJs and cover all of us (although I believe I'll need 2). What do I need to know?

You can absolutely use gift cards to pay for the meal. You can combine the cards onto one card on the disney gift card site if you would like so you will only need to pay for one. I cannot comment on the DVC discount.

You can also charge back to your room and pay your room charge w gift cards

Might be easier at the restaurant

We pay with a gift card all the time. Plus, if you use a Target Red card, you can purchase Disney E-Cards or Disney gift cards and receive a 5% discount. We take the E-Gift Cards and transfer them to a couple of actual Disney gift cards on the Disney gift card site. It's just one more way to save some $. We pay for our entire trip and save 5% by purchasing the gift cards via Target Red Card.

To answer about DVC discounts, I would encourage you to download the Mouseperks app or pin the website to your phone. It will show you which discount is accepted where, the %, & any restrictions such as time of day.

To answer about GC, I use them all the time, you can pay for meal in full including the tip to a GC or you can for partial payments with multiple forms of payment.

I use my Disney Visa to buy my GC so I then have my DV $$$ to spend by the time we arrive.

Last edited:
As others have mention, yes you can pay with GCs and DVC discount is 10% there. I actually rather charge back to our rooms using our MB and then every 2-3 days, I will go down and pay off the balance using our GCs. I do this for a few reasons.
I keep the GC locked in the safe and not have to worry about losing it by carrying it around everywhere I go. MBs have a pin code for security where as if I lose my GC anyone who finds it could use it.
When I payoff the balance I get a detail printout that I can quickly go over to make sure there are no mistakes.
Plus, with charging using the MBs, my DW or DDs can buy stuff without me being there or remembering to give them the GC.

We're splitting the trip between WDW & Uni, so we're only there for 3 days. Its also extended family, so charging back to the room becomes something to untangle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter