Gift cards in USD or CAD?

disneykins

DIS Veteran
I have a few thousand USD balance in my PayPal account that I have to pay an exchange rate to withdraw into CAD. If I buy Disney USD gift cards on the Disney website, I can pay with PayPal without exchanging to CAD. I can then use that gift card to pay my DVC dues or to pay my bill after my upcoming trip.

My question is would I be better off to by some gift cards at Loblaws or Shoppers using my PC points (I know I cant actually use the points for gift cards but would pay cash for them and use points for groceries). These cards would be worth $100 CAD. I would use them to pay my bill at the resort.

I guess I would be paying the exchange rate of the day when I use the CAD gift cards, so I am paying exchange on them, so I guess the USD cards through PayPal would be a better way to go??? Confused, lol. Am I seeing this right?
Thanks,
Tony

I have a few thousand USD balance in my PayPal account that I have to pay an exchange rate to withdraw into CAD. If I buy Disney USD gift cards on the Disney website, I can pay with PayPal without exchanging to CAD. I can then use that gift card to pay my DVC dues or to pay my bill after my upcoming trip.

My question is would I be better off to by some gift cards at Loblaws or Shoppers using my PC points (I know I cant actually use the points for gift cards but would pay cash for them and use points for groceries). These cards would be worth $100 CAD. I would use them to pay my bill at the resort.

I guess I would be paying the exchange rate of the day when I use the CAD gift cards, so I am paying exchange on them, so I guess the USD cards through PayPal would be a better way to go??? Confused, lol. Am I seeing this right?
Thanks,
Tony
my vote would be to use your US funds! I currently have a $100 CDN card on my account and it's worth $75.57 today and the value just keeps dropping daily. If i had the funds to buy US cards I'd be jumping on that option instead!!!!

I just went over to Target and got some gift cards. I think getting them in the US funds is better as well. On a side note, it's also better when they are for gifts so they say the actual amount in US funds not CAD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter