Gifts/tips

mumsy1955

DISNEY FAN
Which of your vendors etc do you tip and which would you give a gift to after your wedding.What gifts would you suggest. Thinking of planner,officiant,makeup,photographer, videographer,driver.Do you give them tips or gifts on the wedding day or later,don't want to have to ask people to carry things round with them on the day of the wedding or to be handing out money. What is normally done

We gave cash tips to our hair and makeup artist, cake delivery, floral delivery, officiant, and DJ. For our reception staff (servers, bartenders, etc.) and limo back to our hotel that night, the tip was already factored into the bill (the contract should state this if so). I used WeddingWire and The Knot to assist with tipping amounts and knowing who is usually tipped.

We tipped our DJ, our limo drivers, and our hair and makeup artists.

For our planners (I had two- one for Disney and one for my off site reception), we sent a nice office gift from Tiffany’s. That way it was something nice and classy, obviously not cheap, but something they could use at work and get some enjoyment out of and it felt more personal than cash. I sent it to them as soon as we got back from our honeymoon.

Do you actually see the person delivering the cake at the reception? I know to tip everyone - would not have thought of tipping the Officiant or DJ. I would tip limos also.

We gave cash tips to our hair and makeup artist, cake delivery, floral delivery, officiant, and DJ. For our reception staff (servers, bartenders, etc.) and limo back to our hotel that night, the tip was already factored into the bill (the contract should state this if so). I used WeddingWire and The Knot to assist with tipping amounts and knowing who is usually tipped.

does it really matter if you don't give what is "expected" as long as they get something,as daughter's future hubby has just lost his job so money will be extremely tight for them after wedding is paid for and I would like to think they were spending their money on enjoying the happiest time of their lives with what money they may have and not worrying if they are giving the "expected amount" of tip ,I would have thought anyone should be grateful for whatever tip they got,you pay enough for their services after all. Or maybe "bank of parents" might step in!!!

Last edited:
does it really matter if you don't give what is "expected" as long as they get something,as daughter's future hubby has just lost his job so money will be extremely tight for them after wedding is paid for and I would like to think they were spending their money on enjoying the happiest time of their lives with what money they may have and not worrying if they are giving the "expected amount" of tip ,I would have thought anyone should be grateful for whatever tip they got,you pay enough for their services after all. Or maybe "bank of parents" might step in!!!

Oh, absolutely! I'm sure whatever the couple want to give to their vendors will be appreciated. :) One idea is they could give them a framed photo of the couple from the wedding day with a card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter