"GIVE KIDS THE WORLD" after getting off the cruise.

lovedisney123

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been able to go and volunteer at GKTW right after getting off of the cruise. We are staying one night in Orlando after disembarking, and I am thinking that we will have enough time at the parks before going on our cruise, so perhaps we could look into volunteering at GKTW. But we can only volunteer that one day after we disembark.

Anyone else do this? I am just wondering if it is possible with the time frame of returning to Orlando.
Thanks!

I have volunteered at GKTW several times and they are great about working with your schedule as many people are only in the area for a limited time on vacation. We have often been limited due to school schedules and it has never been an issue. Go to their web site or give them a call to get the process going because it does take time to have volunteers approved. It's an amazing organization.

What's "Giving Kids the World"? I've never heard of it before...

Give Kids The World (GKTW) is a resort where many Make-A-Wish families stay.

OP - give them a call. From what I've heard, they love having volunteers and can work with your schedule.

Enjoy your cruise!

Here is a link to their website. I heard about them through these DISboards. It sounded like they are flexible about volunteering. We are DVC members, so will be going to Disney at least every other year, and I thought this might be a nice way to spend our time since we do not go to the park every day. The day we get off the cruise next year, I plan to not go to the parks, so this seemed like it may be a good option for our visit volunteer time:

http://www.gktw.org/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter