Give me your camping tips!

FLkid

Mouseketeer
I am so thrilled to say we are under the two week mark for our very first visit to FWC

I am Stoked!

We are tent camping (with ac)

I would so appreciate any seasoned campers that have any advice or tips for our first stay.

We rented a golf cart on site. We’re doing a 13x9 tent, Air mattress & screened in 10x10 canopy. It’s just two of us (both adults). We will also be using our portable AC (God willing) and we’re bringing a small tv ONLY because the Disney cartoons really make it feel like we’re there.

Can someone tell me how long the plug in is on the camp sites for the golf carts? Will it be taking up one of the 110v outlets or a different one? There’s 4 right?

If we choose the Minnie van service do they pick us up at the front or at the loop?

Does the ice machine take debit cards?

Should we bring bug spray (I’m a born and raised Floridian so I know how bad the bugs are but wasn’t sure)

Do we need to bring all of our own toiletries?

I'll help with some of your questions. It sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

Golf cart cord- The one I rented last month had a long cord in a reel under the back seat. I'd say it was close to 15 ft.

Minnie Vans pick up/drop off at the Outpost (unless something has changed). I have only ever seen them at the Outpost drop off.

Not sure about the ice machines- never used them

A month ago, they were still handing out Off wipes at check in. We never used them though. Didn't have any mosquito problems. But that seems to be variable this Summer. Some weeks have been terrible, others, like my visit, where there is nothing.

Toiletries? Except for TP in the comfort stations, if you don't bring it, you won't have it.

Have a great time. It should be a great time to go.

j

Ice machines are credit or debit only. They also have ice at the trading posts where you can pay cash or use magic bands.

Sounds like you have really got a handle on this! We will be there in less than two weeks too.
You will love having the golf cart to check out all of the Halloween decorations on the sites.
Last time we were there (in the spring) the Minnie Vans were allowed to go on FW property to pick up and deliver guests. We saw them driving through the loops a few times. We have not stayed in the tent loop, but the other sites have an additional plug receptacle at the front of the site, wich we've always used for the cart.

Know that the squirrels there are seriously crazy hehe. One actually tried to climb on our lap lol. They are relentless about getting to your food. So if you have a tent be aware of that and make sure all your things food are sealed tight. When we went last we were in an RV loop, and we would cut through tent loop 1500 down the path from the bathhouse shared with our loop to get to the bus stop, the Meadows, the pool, so be aware that tent loop 1500 rocks. Personally I think it outdoes a lot of the more expensive RV loops.

To answer your other question about outlets to plug in the cart to charge, most sites have a separate post at the front of the site with 2 15amp receptacles you can plug the cart into, plug in lights for your site, etc.

I brought everything including the kitchen sink when I tent camped!

What a wonderful time to be at FW.

Have a great time!

Know that the squirrels there are seriously crazy hehe. One actually tried to climb on our lap lol. They are relentless about getting to your food. So if you have a tent be aware of that and make sure all your things food are sealed tight.

^^^^THIS^^^^
I was there tent camping at the end of June with a/c, tarps, & all the good stuff I needed set up and went somewhere for a couple of hours. I came back to a small hole in the mesh that's at the back of my tent (which was covered by the rainfly, unharmed rainfly) and a mess of crackers that I accidentally left out in my tent strewn everywhere. Those squirrely little turds made me pay for my mistake so don't let the same happen to you. After that I chased every darn squirrel I saw like the crazy old man my wife says I am. Just watch em. Dem Fort squirrels are DA DEBBIL!!!

Last edited:
First time camping at Fort Wilderness... get brunch reservations at Trail's End, watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach, and explore Wilderness lodge and/or Contemporary (boats go to the from the Fort.)

You not only need your own toiletries, you need your own towels. The only bathroom perk is the hot water.
Consider storing all food in your car. You need solid and secure storage. Bungee cords on coolers and locked metal containers keep the squirrels at bay for a while.
Also, if you are going to MK, take the small boat on the right. Line was much quicker then a short walk from contemporary.
We loved having our a.c.! Enjoy!

hello i cant diside between a preamen of full hook up i getting a 45 foot eith i theink 2 side out it has a awring and i want to see some small plam trees or buss like a plam tree numbers would be nice
thank u chrisie

My Fort Wilderness tips:

This is a great place to ride bikes. So, if you have bikes, I would suggest bringing them.

Prices at the Trading Post are high, so make sure you have all of the supplies you need. Also, you don't want to forget something and have to run to Walmart, etc. It will take time out of your camping fun.

hello i cant diside between a preamen of full hook up i getting a 45 foot eith i theink 2 side out it has a awring and i want to see some small plam trees or buss like a plam tree numbers would be nice
thank u chrisie
I think a premium would be best for the size of your camper.

500 is close to the dog park and the marina, store and restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter