Glitch?

Grumpy by Birth

Happy by choice
I was curious what the availability for 11 months out looked like, so I was toying around on the DVC website. At first, it was only allowing me to search from October 10th through 16th (6 nights). The 7th night wasn't grayed out as unavailable. I just couldn't select the last night to even search for it. I thought that was odd since I was certain that the booking window was for 7 nights from check-in at 11 months, but since I wasn't actually trying to book a reservation, I figured I would do some more research to see if I was misunderstanding the booking window.

I tried back later, and a 7-night search was possible from the home page. But depending on which page I'm searching from (home page search vs. adjusting dates when looking at a specific room vs. search bar at the top of the results after the initial search), it's only allowing a 6-night search some of the time, and a 7-night search at others. Even then, it seems to be inconsistent (i.e., allows a 7-night search from the homepage sometimes, but not at others). So it doesn't seem to be just one of the search bars that is limiting the last night.

Anyone else experience something like this? Is it a glitch in the search function? Or is there possibly something I'm doing differently on the subsequent searches that is "unlocking" the 7th night to be included in my search?

Thanks!

ETA: My first (and subsequent searches) were all well after 8 am EST, so I don't think it has anything to do with searching too early. Plus this afternoon, I'm still seeing the inconsistency of only a 6-night search being possible some of the time.

Last edited:
When you first look it goes by check in and check out. When you are playing with the calendar you select the nights you want to stay rather than check out date....you're still able to book the same dates it just shows differently.

Last edited:
When you first look it goes by check in and check out. When you are playing with the calendar you select the nights you want to stay rather than check out date....you're still able to book the same dates it just shows differently.
I'll look more closely, but I was pretty sure it was only allowing me to search for 6 NIGHTS on some of the searches.

This! At first it's confusing but when you take a look at total points required, than you realize that's what is happening.

Great3

This! At first it's confusing but when you take a look at total points required, than you realize that's what is happening.

Great3
I get what you're saying. When I look at the room details, the calendar that shows up is reflecting the nights booked, so the check-out day is not highlighted.

But, above the search results is another search bar similar to the one on the homepage and it's only allowing me to re-search for 6 nights. The results explicitly say "6 nights" and the points did go down to reflect one night less.

I did see that I can then go into the room details and manually add the 7th night, which then shows as available, but in terms of searching from that particular page, it's definitely limiting me to checking for 6 nights.

I see what you are saying. I guess I don't search that way. I just start over from booking page, so never noticed it. I know it's available, and it's 7 months or 11 months plus 7 nights, so that's how I search, and was always able to do it. I guess the "glitch" doesn't bother me whatsoever because I like starting over on a new search, instead of updating a search.

Great3

Maybe I'm remembering wrong and I only saw that difference on the search above the results from a previous search, but I THOUGHT that it limited me to 6 nights from the main search. That had me a little concerned because, if I was actually trying to book for a date/room during a "competitive" booking morning, that limitation could get in the way of succesfully snagging the room. But perhaps it wasn't the main page, but on a subsequent search that I noticed this. The searches I've done from the main page since have allowed me to select all 7 nights.

I experimented some more this morning. I'm pretty sure I started my searches from the homepage looking for what was available at the 7 month mark. After those results came up, I searched for 11 months, but since I was then using the search bar above the results, it was limiting me to searching for 6 nights.

I think the issue is that the calendar views on that page for each room don't count the check-out day, so only 7 dates are highlighted. The search above has those same 7 dates highlighted, but it IS counting the last one as the check-out day, which is why it's limiting me to a 6-night search on that page.

But as I said, once the results populate, I can click on the individual room view for more details and then the additional night can be added.

I still think the search bar at the top of the results page is not coded correctly or something. It should either be showing only the nights without check-out OR include the check-out... either way displaying search results for 7 nights. But it's showing what appears to be only the nights (similar the room calendars below) and then interpreting the last one as the check-out day instead of as the last night.

ETA: After some additional experimentation, I came up with a slightly different interpretation of the issue. If I start a search a day earlier (October 10th) , I can select 7 nights (through check-out on October 17th). If I start the search 2 days earlier (October 9th), I can search for 8 nights (again, through check-out on October 17th).

But when I start my search 11 months from today (October 11th), it should add October 18th as the check-out for 7 nights. But it still only allows me to select through October 17th, which is why the search results are limited to 6 nights from that search bar (but only if searching at exactly the 11-month mark). One additional day (October 18th) should be enabled to select in that calendar view for the check-out day.

It should mirror the search on the main page. It does EXCEPT for the check-out day of a 7-night stay at 11-months NOT being possible to select. You can select check-out on October 18th (7-night stay) from the main page, but from that search bar's calendar, it only goes through October 17th check-out (6-night stay).

Last edited:
Watch out because I think when you go to amend a booking (swap at 7 months say) this bug also appears and you are suddenly not selecting check in and out dates, but nights of stay instead. Or at least this used to happen. I can’t help but think this has caused some people issues !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter