Gluten Free question for locals

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
I thought I might get a few locals to chime in on this board. We will be in the area for a week this spring. Part of the time will be spent doing disney and part will be spent off property (laguna area).

My mom cannot have gluten. Can you give me a few grocery stores that carry a good variety of G free products? She will bring some but might need to restock throughout the week.

Also, any great G free restraunts you can recommend off property? I know the chefs on property will work with her. I am more worried when we are off property. I know there has to be a few good places to eat G free. It's so much easier to go somewhere that is already prepared to accomadate us.

TIA!

We were just at Claim Jumper the other day and there was a whole page at the back of their menu for gluten free meals. No one in my family needs gluten free but i noticed it because I had never seen that in a restaurant before. We were at the Claim Jumper in San Bernardino but I'm assuming since it's a chain that all the restaurants would have the same menu. The closest locations to Anaheim and Laguna Beach are in Santa Ana, Brea, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Laguna Hills, and Mission Viejo. You could always call the location you want to go to and ask if they have a gluten free menu like the one i saw.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Thanks everybody.

ambertides, when I read your original response i thought i had posted in the wrong spot!

For grocery stores, I would suggest Trader Joe's or Mothers Market. Neither is super close, but if you need something Gluten Free, they would be the place to go for a good variety of items and clear labeling. Trader Joe's might be the closer option, a few miles away in Orange. If you have a car it would not be bad, just avoid rush hour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter