Go West! There's Mr. Toad, Cats, and Very Nice People- A May 2019 DLR PTR

Spencer Wright

Constantly craving a zebra dome...
Hello! My name is Spencer Wright, and this is my Pre-Trip Report (PTR) in anticipation of my first visit to Disneyland.

I was a huge Disney fan in my childhood and teen years, and WDW vacations and Disney movies were a big part of my life. In my early and mid-twenties, I sort of fell out of it, but really became passionate about Disney again starting about two years ago. My mother, sister, and I decided to give WDW another go about 3 years ago, I joined the Disney Movie Club, found the DisUnplugged, and a passion was reborn! In terms of the World of Disney, I really love the Classic Animated films, Walt Disney World, and the attractions.

While food and merchandise are of course important, they are not really things I care about too much in terms of the larger Disney picture. In other words, I could care less about what new cupcake or mug comes out!!

Some more about me…. I am 28 and live in Ridley Township in Delaware County, PA. This is about 8 miles or so from Center City Philadelphia where I work. Outside of the World of Disney, I love Old Hollywood, cats, and have really developed a love of exercise.

Any film with Bette Davis or Maureen O’Hara and I’m there. For anyone familiar with Philadelphia, I have especially taken a liking to running the Art Museum steps, and the trails in Fairmount Park.

As of now, I am planning May 2019 trip to Disneyland!! (Solo for now, but I am hoping my sister will come along)

39869173_10216764402805508_1038204500088717312_n.jpg

43110222_2286558468082571_7375079225193136128_n.jpg

39403827_2199357120136040_3068793955928768512_n.jpg

I have never been to Disneyland, and in fact never further west than Altoona (about 2/3rds across Pennsylvania). While I have traveled some places (France, Canada, St. Lucia); I basically keep myself in the Mid-Atlantic region or visit WDW. So, for me, this is a HUGE deal.

It’s time for my first trip out west!

Largely, this new found push to visit Disneyland comes from hearing more about it on the reimagining of the DisUnplugged Disneyland Edition. Seeing how beautiful it is and learning some of the new attractions has really peaked my interest.

As of now, I am in the earliest possible stages of planning, but am thinking of visiting the first week of May in 2019, for three full days, with of course two travel days.

I love The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, and The Wind in the Willows is one of my favorite books, so I do know that Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride will absolutely be my first attraction!

Also, there are cats, which I love (and promise not to give treats to). AND finally, as I have endeavored to learn more about the DLR the Disneyland people could not be nicer or more helpful. I can tell that you all really love it; as opposed to WDW people who can be kind of jerks when people don’t know basic information or ask general questions. Of course, that’s not true of everyone, but I have heard how much better Guest behavior is at Disneyland and how it is a park locals nurture!

Otherwise, my planning is basically a blank slate. So, if you interested, jump aboard as I plan out specific dates, hotel, and flights to Los Angeles!!! (budget on the modest side)

(Please let me know if you cannot see pictures, and if you have a MacBook the best way to add photos that everyone can see)

Following along; I hope your trip turns out great, and I hope you can convince your sister to come!

Following along! You are going to love DLR! It's so magical. I'm a big cat person too. I've found a lot of them hang out near the Disneyland Hotel (near Trader Sam's), or the Grizzly River Rapid ride at DCA.

Last time we went we saw a beautiful long haired cat rolling around in the bark near the Disneyland Hotel. It was hard not to want to scoop her up and take her home!
:love:

Thank You for following along everyone! Hopefully I will have major updates within the next 1 - 2 weeks!

I appreciate the interest! For now this trip will be on hold as I figure out the financing of my August WDW trip. Everything is getting so expensive!!

However, if you are interested, a link is below for a WDW trip. If I get a decent raise this year, than I can head to DLR, wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!