Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
Well, I lost 55 pounds over a year ago with WISH...and I'm sure I've put some back on....we've been trying to sell our house for over 10 months!! AAGH! And my dh has been working in another state so I had to put my walking/lifestyle on hold...seemed weekends were sacked with open houses and trying to pack up the house...we still haven't sold the house but I'm making today (January 20th) my official start back to GOAL...

the GOAL...I'm 5'8" and will weigh in about 5 minutes...need the courage after writing this journal. I had gotten down to 178 on my dial scale and 182 on my digital scales (which are 5 pounds more than my doctor's for some reason) I'm too cheap to buy new scales and my dial scale broke so I'll be using the digital ones...can you tell I'm obsessive about scales???? Anywhoo...I want to be in the 150's (according to these obnoxious digital scales) by July 4th, 2005...

Why July 4th? Because it represents independence, declarations, and freedom. Those are three adjectives I feel will best describe how I will feel when I reach GOAL....it will be a long goal in the process...

HISTORY:
When I went in to deliver my third precious baby...I weighed in at a whopping 258!!! All my pregnancies were close (3) and I never seemed to drop the weight and gained 65 with my first, 35 with my second and was pregnant 3 months after I deliverd my second so the 30 pounds I gained with my third took me up to 258. I was 236 when I started WISH....in about 12 months I managed to lose over 55 pounds. Then my husband took the new job and my 4 mile daily walks (5x a week) went away....stress came in (raising the kids on my own for weekdays) and trying to keep a house perfect to sell...

So, here I am and will do everything I can to make this happen by July 4th..I'll need to break down the days/weeks to see what I need to average. I plan on doing a South Beach style for a week just to cleanse my system of all the carbs I've been doing (rolls, popcorn, chocolate chip cookies....blah blah blah) then I'll add exercise in atleast 5x a week for atleast 30 minutes a day...most likely walking but can fit some weight training in on the weekends while my husband is home.

I homeschool all our children so my freetime is limited...but we do manage to hit the YMCA swimming 3x a week and while they rock climb on T/H I play ball with my youngest.

So there it is in a nutshell....my next post will be (drum roll, please) my weigh in and the start of my food journals. I will need a food journal for the first week just to keep myself honest.

And I will post pictures of each 20 pound increment loss. Thanks WISH'ers....I'm back because this support WORKS and I've realized time waits for no pounds...I've got to make time work for me even when life throws you a curve.

BEFORE
41085beach-med.jpg

20 POUNDS GONE
4108520_pounds.jpg

40 POUNDS GONE
41085bluedress-med.jpg

60 POUNDS GONE
Tara60_2.jpg

80 POUNDS GONE COMING SOON!!!

Blessings all!
Tara

Welcome back to WISH Tara! I know exactly what you mean...I was in the same boat as you. Lost so much weight(280 to 169) then started gaining back. Good luck to you...it's a daily struggle! I like your goal of July 4th and it's reasons. You can do this. This was your first step. I believe it takes that first week to re-educate yourself on eating...so the food journal is always good. I've had people tell me every time I would start back..."You know how to do this...you've done it before"...well...it's not that easy. Just because you did it before doesn't mean you WANT to do it again!

Don't be embarrassed to post your weight. It's just the beginning of a new journey.

Gail

WOw :earseek: Tera, you have your hands full!!!!

Welcome to the WISH journals. You already know you can do it, 'cause you did it with WISH before! I can't imagine all the stresses in your life with DH away and the house on the market, the kids, yikes!!! But one day at a time, one thing at a time and you'll be off and running!

Sundie

Well, I'm highly upset with myself...well, not so bad..I'm realizing all those comfort foods had a high impact on my weight...I weighed in (let the excuses begin..TOM's visiting...I had 3 fast food meals yesterday because we had to drive 3 hours to check on progress on our new home...) all to say that I weighed in at 202!!! AAACK!

So that means between now and July 4th...I need to lose 43 pounds to hit my goal of being in the 150's....once I hit that I'll just hang out in the 150's until my dream clothes (already purchased of course) fit comfortably...they are size 10's and M's in sweaters...of course now I'll need summer clothes for inspiration...didn't quite make my 150's this winter...but I'm on my way!

I had 2 slices of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast...have had 1 large glass of water so far today.

Tara

Thanks so much for your fast kind words! I was so excited to see someone actually peeked in to cheer me on! I've got to get better at doing that for everyone here!

Here's how I'm going to break it down....
23 weeks and 4 days until July 4th!!!!

My goals

Week one...5 pounds (Low-carb always gives me a big loss)
COMPLETED!!! 7 pounds GONE!!!!!
Week two...2 pounds (Adding the exercise should help me keep 2 pounds off)
COMPLETED!!! .5 Pound GONE!!! .5 pounds ahead of schedule...gotta get some exercise in!
Week three..1 pound (always slow week before TOM)
COMPLETED!!! 1.5 pounds gone!!!!! One pound ahead!!!
Week four....2 pounds (hopefully will be moving this week and will burn it off unpacking!)
COMPLETED!!! No weight change Now I'm one pound behind so I need to lose some this week! TOM is a stinker! But I started Oprah's Boot camp for the next 12 weeks so that should help! :) :banana:
TOTAL LOST WEEKS 1-4.....9 pounds
Weeks 5-8...Goal is 6 pounds
COMPLETED!!! 1.5 pounds gone!!!! Week 5 went by and I started Oprah's boot camp and increased my water...scales are moving again!!!
WEEK 6 COMPLETE!!!188 3.5 pounds lost and a total of 14 pounds so far!!!
WEEK 7 COMPLETE 187.5 Lost 14.5 pounds so far...
WEEK 8 COMPLETE!! 186.5 Lost one pound
Total for weeks 1-8 15.5 pounds

WEEK 9 COMPLETE!!! 183.5 LOST 3 pounds!!!!
WEEK 10 COMPLETE!!! 183.0 Lost .5 pound :)
WEEK 11 COMPLETE!!!! 182.0 Lost 1 pound
WEEK 12 COMPLETE 180.0 Lost 2 pounds!!! :)
Goal for Weeks 9-12..7 pounds
ACTUAL LOSS.... 6.5 pounds

Added!!! INCHES MEASURED!!!!!
4/4 Arms: 15.5 Chest: 40 Waist: 34 Hips: 44 Thighs: 24.75 Calves 15.5
Inches lost in 2 weeks...Arms 15 Chest 40 Waist 31.5 Hips 42.5 Thighs 24.5 Calves 15....Total lost=5.25!!!!

END OF WEEK 13!!! 178.5 Loss of 1.5 pounds
Goal Weeks 13-17...8 pounds

Had a little setback...moved to Alabama and three weeks of eating fast food and not getting my exercise has put me off plan...I got up to 183.5 but today's weigh in was at 181...so my goals will have to be readjusted. But I'll still be in the 150's in July!
END OF WEEKS 14, 15, 16 181.0 Gain of 3.5 pounds...working on getting down to 175 by end of May.

Goal Weeks 18-22...8 pounds
Goal Last 10 days...2 pounds

5+2+1+2+7+8+8+8+2=43 pounds

202-43= 159!!!!! YEAH!!! Atleast the math works out and I know what I've got to do to get the job done...enough planning...now on to working it out...I walked the dog with the kids this am for 20 minutes...now I'm going outside to throw the ball with my son...then it's off to the grocery to buy all my low carb foods for the next week and pick up a grilled chicken salad from McAllister's.....ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS!!!!

FOOD JOURNAL 1/20/05....two slices bacon, two scrambled eggs....lunch had to be changed for realtor coming over...fixed tuna/mayo/cheddar cheese melt with dill pickle....2 large glasses of water and licked the knife off the kids peanut butter sandwiches...:)
Tara

Tara, I'm so glad to see that you started a journal. You know you have my support! You'll always be my WISH buddy! :hug:

Things have definitely not been easy for you this last year but you have the drive and determination to do this, you already know what you can accomplish and I have no doubt that you will succeed at reaching your goal.

:flower1:

:wave: Hi Tara - You seem to have a really good plan established. You have set realistic goals for yourself. I wish you the best of luck.

Hi Tara!! :wave2: It's great to "see" you again! :) I've missed your posts. You have accomplished so much and your plan is so well thought out and attainable that I know you are going to be so successful! ::yes:: I'm looking forward to reading your journal. ::yes::

Great plan!!!! Stay focused! You'll have your goals met :wizard: :cheer2:

Sundie

For the next 2 months I'm going to weigh myself DAILY! I'm curious to see how this induction and adding back carbs in slowly will affect my weight...thought some of you might be interested as well...

w=water (Each water is 16 oz.) DC=diet coke

1/20.....202 3 eggs, 2 bacon, tuna, cheddar, mayo, pickle, hamb., onion 4 glasses water, 1 diet coke
1/21.....199 WHOOSH! 2 eggs, 2 sausage, grilled chicken salad unsweet tea, mozz. chicken, salad 4w
1/22.....198 I love low-carb starts!!! eggs/bacon chicken nuggets salmon,salad,onion 1 DC 3w
1/23....197 Downwards my friends! eggs/sausage..hamb. pattie, pickle soy chicken, salad..2w 2DC
1/24....198.5 Cutting out diet cokes today! Bacon/eggs...salad, hot wings..no dc! 6 w
1/25...196.5 YEAH!!! (stress related)egg omelet..lost appetite..pork chop..10 ch. chips 3 w 1 dc
1/26....No weigh in...sunrise wakeup to take dog to surgery... :sad2: sausage eggs wings 4w1dc
START OF WEEK TWO
1/27...195...WHOOPEEE End of WEEK ONE!!! Whole Wheat Toast YEAH!!! chicken nuggets salad 1unsweet tea 4w
1/28....194.5 Wheat toast, tuna melt, fish, field peas 6w
1/29....196.5 WHAT??? wheat toast pepperoni/cheese/chili 2dc 4 w 60 minute treadmill
1/30....196.5 Sore from workout...hope it's just retention/egg/bacon/ham/sal 4w/1dc
1/31....196.5 Still sore...slimfast/slimfast/salad/hamburger pattie/green beans
2/1....195.5 Finally scale moved! eggs/bacon/salad/chili 3 w, 1ustea
2/2....197 icky chili....too much sodium I guess..slimfast/chicken/salad
START OF WEEK THREE
2/3....194.5 WHEW!! Never chili again...slimfast, slimfast, caesar salad,tortilla
2/4....195 Eggs/sausageturkey/cheese/wings/orange 2w 1dc 1 lick of icing!
2/5....194 :) Eggs/peanut butter toast/orange/salad/chipssalsa/M&M's 4w
2/6...192.5 :magnify: toast/turkey/cheese/pork/shrimp/nachos/dip/strawberry/1dc 3w
2/7....193.5 Hmmm....Superbowl effect? cheerios/skim milk/turkey/cheese/hamburger onions 1dc 3w
2/8...193.5 Holding pattern...cheerios/skim milk...chicken salad...chicken/carrot chocolate chips 1dc/3w
2/9...193 TOM coming? Feeling tender...eggs/bacon, tuna melt, salad, greenbeans mandarin oranges
START OF WEEK FOUR
2/10...193 loss of 1.5...wheat toast, deviled eggs, carrot, taco salad, ch.chips, 2dc 2w
2/11...193.5 wheat toast, chicken salad, slimfast, chili's salsa chips
2/12...195...TOM hit!chick salad, hamburger pattie, bacon, cheese, 10 M&M's 1 dc, 1 us tea, 1w
2/13...194.5 eggs/bacon, chick caesar, strawberry CAKE :confused3 steak water, dc
2/14...195.5 AARGH!! pirate: can't remember what I had!!! :rolleyes:
2/15...194.5 sausage, salad, roasted chicken green beans 4w
2/16...194 dontcha just love TOM? eggs/sausage/summer sausage/mozzarella/piece of apple/chicken/peas
START OF WEEK FIVE
2/17...193 NO LOSS..but TOM IS a stinker!! eggs
2/18...193..road trip...bad on water...cheese/nuts/sausage/catfish/hushpuppies....2dc/1ustea
2/19...192.5 :goodvibes eggs/sausage,chicken salad, sausage cheese one chocolate 2w, 2dc
2/20...192.5 eggs/bacon, sausage/cheese, salad 1ustea, 1 dc, 2 w ch.chips
2/21...192...wheat toast/salad/hamburger pattie/green beans ch. chips 4w 1dc
2/22...193.5 HUH? Must be that Dale's soy seasoning...ugh! cheese/chicken soup/chips salsa/chicken
2/23...192.5 Toast/bacon, chips/salsa, nuts, slimfast 6w!!!
START OF WEEK SIX
2/24...191.5 YEAH!!! Slimfast, chicken, salad, carrot, nuts, chex mix 4w
2/25...Missed weigh in...court date...salad/shrimp, whipped cream, nuts, cherry 3 tsp fudge, beef stew 4w
2/26..190.5!!! :cool1: 2 eggs/bacon, slimfast, nuts, chips/salsa 2 cheese sticks 6w
2/27...191 slimfast, slimfast, caesar salad, steak, baked potato!! First potato in 6 weeks!
2/28..190.5 eggs/wheat bread/peanut butter/chick fila salad....5w..1dc
3/1...189.5 :banana: WAY TO START MARCHslimfast, cheese, nuts, chex mix, chicken green beans 6w
3/2...188.0!!!! eggs/bacon, slimfast, mozzarella stick, nuts, salad, steak onions...3 bites of B-day cake 6w
START OF WEEK SEVEN
3/3...188.0!!!! Slimfast, nuts/mozzarella sticks, wheat chex, chicken salad, choc. chips 4w
3/4...188.5 Slimfast, ham/swiss on wheat, chicken pesto with black olives 4w
3/5...188.5 MOVE SCALE MOVE! eggs/bacon/grape juice/ham cheese/tacos/beans 4w
3/6..188.5 MOVE SCALE MOVE!! eggs/bacon, chicken salad, slimfast, peas
3/7...189...TOM HIT!! UGH! ham/swiss/wheat, cheese stick, slimfast, peas, 2 cheetos, choc. chips
3/8..188.0 NAhh nahhh TOM! Gotta lose 1 pound by Thursday! :) eggs/bacon slimfast veggie soup popcorn
3/9...188.5 UGH! slimfast, tuna melt on wheat, 6 cheetos, slimfast, bite of taco meat
START OF WEEK EIGHT
3/10..187.5 YEAH!!! Lost .5 pound bacon/chick salad/baked potato us tea 2w
3/11..186.5!!! :goodvibes 1/2 a slimfast/COURT DAY!!!/Lost...appealed/chicken tenders/spaghetti
3/12..186.0!!! DOWN WE GO!!! bacon/1/2 piece toast/salad/cheeto/dorito/milkshake samples broth
3/13..187.5 Up from 5 mile walk..muscles growing I hope and TOM leaving..slimfast, chicken salad, slimfsat
3/14...187.0 slimfast, slimfast, ham/pepperoni salad, 2 choc chip cookies, 1ds 2w
3/15..187.0 slimfast, salad, slimfast
3/16..186.5 eggs,bacon, salad, chicken tenders 1us tea 10 ch chips
START OF WEEK NINE
3/17..186.5 Lost one pound!!
START OF WEEK 10
3/24..183.5 Lost 3 pounds!!!! :banana:
START OF WEEK 11
3/31...183.0 Lost .5 pounds :)
Will just post my losses on the page a couple above...eating consists of either a low carb day or 1-2 slimfasts and 1-2 healthy meals a day. Things I avoid like the plague..are french fries, white bread, and and beverages with sugar in them...even juices.

Way to go!

Good luck on the house sale. I am getting ready to put mine on the market and your post makes me nervous. (I also live in TN). Actually today I have to go order four blinds for the front rooms. (The agent thinks it will sell better without paper blinds LOL!)

Hi Tara :wave2: I too weigh myself daily right now in an effort to get an idea of what my body is doing. In fact I actually weigh myself first thing in the morning and right before bed and write them in my food journal. I am hoping it will give me insight as to what foods maybe cause me to gain and also to get an idea about what TOM actually does to my weight so I can anticipate it in the future. ::yes:: I hope you will find doing that helpful. I think it will give you a good incentive especially right now to stay committed to your plan. ::yes:: Congrats on the WHOOSH! :cool1:

TARA!!! :jumping4: TARA!!! :jumping4: My TWINKIE!! :jumping4:

SOOOOOO glad to see you on the WISH Journal boards, girl! Sorry about the house. I have noticed that even here in STL the house market had died, BUT in the last week, I have received 3 of those SOLD postcards, so hopefully the market will start moving in Memphis and you can get your family back under one roof!

I look forward to following your journey as you post in your journal. You are one determined woman and I KNOW you are going to get that July 4th goal! I'll be here cheering you on! :cheer2:

Well, the scales have been super nice to me...lost 4 pounds in 2 days...I've avoided yeast rolls right out of the oven, my mother had homemade oatmeal raisin cookies on her counter, and she gave the kids lots of discounted Christmas chocolates she just couldn't pass up. In the old days (about a week ago) I would have scarfed down atleast 3 of those homemade oatmeal cookies...ooooh homemade cookies are a downfall for me!

I'm giving up french fries and white breads (rolls, pasta etc.) for the 100 day challenge...that alone should help me shed about 2 pounds over 100 days. I'm staying strong...and focusing on walking Disney 20 pounds lighter when we go as soon as we sell this house and move to our next one. I will avoid french fries/breads at Disney but I will have my chocolate...all that extra walking and it being our last trip to Disney for a good while I'm going to enjoy it without worrying about my eats...last trip I didn't gain a pound and I ate everything even french fries!

There, it's off my chest, I can now avoid those chocolates Grandma sent with my kids and go drink a nice big glass of water.

Tara

Way to go Tara! I find getting on here and talking to myself seems to help! Just adding in those reminders for future reference do the trick!

Take care and enjoy the WHOOSH! :earseek:

Hi Tara,

Your pictures are incredible! Your 40lb gone photo is fantastic. Your waist is trim, your face is beautiful! You've made such huge progress! I can't wait to see the 60lb gone photo!!!! :cheer2:

Sundie

I've always known it but tonight proved it...I was sooo pleased to weigh in at 197 this morning! That's 5 pounds in 4 days! Yeah, yeah, it's low-carb water loss...but I'll take it! I started off great....then the anxieties of selling a house got to me...

For 10 months I've been anticipating the calls for all these showings....well, we've had some duplicate showings this week and we're anxious to sell because our home in Huntsville is almost finished...we don't want to lose it! We had two showings yesterday and I really hoped that today we'd have another and hopefully an offer. The worst is that all comments are "House is lovely! But the buyers opted for new construction" Our house is 3 years old and priced well below the new...just waiting is so hard.

I decided to hit the Pottery Barn outlet to seek out bargains (usually always find something there!) but alas...came away with 2 baskets and some fabrics for $6 that I hope to make into window coverings in the new house....I'm hoping all the way home that I'll find my dh and children away and someone visiting the house...I come in....and dh has this so sad look on his face...no showings. Okay, I've dealt with this for 10 months...and I know it will happen just hoping is getting to me though. The girls were hungry for a snack....I've avoided homemade oatmeal cookies, hot yeast rolls at the restaurant last night, miniature snickers (oh how easy it would be to eat just one), chocolate truffles, and ice cream I gave the kids last night....but when I went to the pantry I saw an opened bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and without EVEN THINKING I put about 10 in my mouth....!!!!! :rolleyes1

I quickly gave the girls some and told them I would start dinner in a few minutes....but I had just swallowed them without even thinking!!! The only other cheats I've had in 4 days is a fingertip of peanut butter....I get very low blood sugar...and mid-day I just need that little bit to keep it in check...not even a spoon ful just a finger tip...yeah, I know I'm probably dumping tons of germs into the peanut butter jar but if I even thought of using a spoon I'd have a whole mound!

So I'm here to vent that yes I am a stress eater...inside a very small part of me wants to crawl into a corner in my closet...hide behind what clothes have not been packed and just sob my little heart out...I won't even watch tear-jerker movies because I fear once those flood gates open I will need to find a house next to SpongeBob...only a sponge could take all the H2O coming out of my tear ducts. I'm not crying because I'm a stress eater, I want to cry about these past 10 months that have been so tough but I've needed to be so strong for everyone. Thank GOD I read The Long Winter to my children by Laura Ingalls Wilder...anytime I feel sorry for myself I just remember how TOUGH life can be and although this is not a comfortable time in our life it certainly is better than grinding wheat in a coffee grinder trying to subsist on bread and water alone for 3 months!

There, it's off my chest...I've forgiven myself for the chocolate chips and I'm going to remember how it made me feel so I don't want to cheat tomorrow. I'll let you all know as soon as we hear something on my house...there's no way anyone could avoid my SCREAMING AND PRAISING AND HOOPING AND HOLLERING!!! Gotta go fold some clothes...if it weren't for the chores around here I probably would go nuts...atleast it makes me feel like I'm not in limbo.

Venting over...you may now return to your regularly scheduled postings about getting to GOAL!!!!

Tara

Oh Tara :hug: Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm sorry things are so stressful for you right now. You have so much on your plate I can't imagine how you are handling it all. You are doing great and those little chocolate chips are in the past. You CAN do this! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope that your house will sell SOON! Congratulations on the 5lb loss too! :cool1:

Woo Hoo Tara! You are so in the groove! Congratulations on the 5lbs.! Gone, gone forever! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I so hope you are able to sell your house very soon. This stress is not good for you at all. :hug: I'll be praying for it to sell quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!