Goal to Sail on all Four Ships

mich723

Earning My Ears
I'm sure there are many around that have traveled on all four of Disneys ships. I have a personal goal to travel on the four main ships Disney provides. (I want to travel on the new three coming out too!)

So far I've gone on the Dream, Fantasy, and have a trip planned on the Magic next year. My trouble is finding an itinerary for Wonder. I want to travel on the Wonder to experience its unique shows, dining experiences, and to be on the ship. The main itinerary I like is Alaska, but price wise, I don't know if I'd choose Disney to sail the Alaskan itinerary.

Besides Alaska, is there another itinerary anyone recommends for the Wonder? What itineraries have people done and really enjoyed? Am I being silly on wanting to travel on all four ships?

I'm sure there are many around that have traveled on all four of Disneys ships. I have a personal goal to travel on the four main ships Disney provides. (I want to travel on the new three coming out too!)

So far I've gone on the Dream, Fantasy, and have a trip planned on the Magic next year. My trouble is finding an itinerary for Wonder. I want to travel on the Wonder to experience its unique shows, dining experiences, and to be on the ship. The main itinerary I like is Alaska, but price wise, I don't know if I'd choose Disney to sail the Alaskan itinerary.

Besides Alaska, is there another itinerary anyone recommends for the Wonder? What itineraries have people done and really enjoyed? Am I being silly on wanting to travel on all four ships?
Better hurry, soon there wil be 3 more DCL ships 8-)

Soon.....well, starting in 2021. Then 2022 and 2023.

And I'm looking at a 2019 sailing...
I really want to do the Panama Canal, but worried on the amount of time I'd be taking off of work. It's doable, but I wouldn't have any other trips planned for that year.

We're booked on the Wonder for March 2018, Eastern Caribbean. It's going to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and CC. I don't think the Wonder usually goes to these places. The only other time it's going to these islands is at the end of Feb. 2018. Hopefully the islands will be able to recover from the hurricanes by March. I don't care for myself if we have to go somewhere else, I just pray for the people on these islands that everything is as back to normal as can be for them. We sailed on the Magic many, many years ago, went to Alaska on the Wonder before it's re-do, and were on the Fantasy earlier this year. I would love to go on the Dream also, but only if it starts doing 7nights or more. 3/4 nights or a back-to-back on it doesn't interest me. I would love to see Beauty and the Beast on the Dream though. Hoping to be able to go on the new ships.

We're booked on the Wonder for March 2018, Eastern Caribbean. It's going to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and CC. I don't think the Wonder usually goes to these places. The only other time it's going to these islands is at the end of Feb. 2018. Hopefully the islands will be able to recover from the hurricanes by March. I don't care for myself if we have to go somewhere else, I just pray for the people on these islands that everything is as back to normal as can be for them. We sailed on the Magic many, many years ago, went to Alaska on the Wonder before it's re-do, and were on the Fantasy earlier this year. I would love to go on the Dream also, but only if it starts doing 7nights or more. 3/4 nights or a back-to-back on it doesn't interest me. Hoping to be able to go on the new ships.

That sounds promising! I wonder if a sailing like that would happen again. I have yet to do the Eastern.
I loved the Dream, but find it hard to rebook because of the short itineraries.

When we sailed on the Magic in 2001 we went to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and CC. Seems like they had stopped going to St. Maarten. When I saw the Wonder was making 2 trips there next Spring, I was wondering if maybe they would start making more trips there in the future, but now with all the destruction, who knows.

Another vote for the Panama Canal. Wife and I did it in 2011, it was a great trip.

We have sailed all four ships but have not been on either the Wonder or Magic since the rehab on them. But we have the Magic booked for next year :yay:

Another vote for the Panama Canal. Wife and I did it in 2011, it was a great trip.

We have sailed all four ships but have not been on either the Wonder or Magic since the rehab on them. But we have the Magic booked for next year :yay:
We've done the Grand Slam, but haven't been on the Wonder since her re-imagining. Have been on the Magic, though.

We're booked on the Wonder for March 2018, Eastern Caribbean. It's going to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, and CC. I don't think the Wonder usually goes to these places. The only other time it's going to these islands is at the end of Feb. 2018. Hopefully the islands will be able to recover from the hurricanes by March. I don't care for myself if we have to go somewhere else, I just pray for the people on these islands that everything is as back to normal as can be for them. We sailed on the Magic many, many years ago, went to Alaska on the Wonder before it's re-do, and were on the Fantasy earlier this year. I would love to go on the Dream also, but only if it starts doing 7nights or more. 3/4 nights or a back-to-back on it doesn't interest me. I would love to see Beauty and the Beast on the Dream though. Hoping to be able to go on the new ships.

Yeah, I’m finishing up my Grand Slam in Feb on the Wonder - as of now scheduled for St Maarten, San Juan, and Castaway. While I’m happy to go to the islands if we can, I’ll be just as happy if it is sea days and Castaway!

The Alaskan DCL cruise was the first time we've ever cruised! We were glad we paid a bit more for DCL. Amazing trip!
We went in May to reduce the cost.
So that got us hooked and we now share your goal to experience all 4 ships! We are half way there...

Great goal to set. We finally got our grand slam early last year with a couple of Wonder cruises!

If we can get another Fantasy trip we will have done it twice. I am sure there are some in here that have done it many times.

8 days until we finish the fab 4. Done Wonder Bahamian cruises twice (before & after dry dock - she's in great shape). Going on her to Alaska next summer. When you said 'unique' were you referring to the ship or the ports of call? I'd recommend trans-atlantic or Panama Canal for unique ports. If its just the ship, Bahamian would fill the bill. I really want to take DW & the kids on PC & trans-lant, I've done it in warships but would like to share it with them.

We are about to do our 16th DCL cruise, we have not sailed The Dream yet. We think about, but when The Magic or Wonder sail from Miami (which is basically our backyard) we always pick Miami over PC. I keep saying one of these days.......

I want to join the Grand Slam club.

We've sailed the Wonder more than any of the other ships. There are several itineraries to choose from. Alaska, West Coast North or South, Mexico, Panama Canal, sailings from Galveston or the sailings from Port Canaveral. The Wonder moves around a lot. Our next sailing is Panama Canal. Book early as it fills up fast and when it does, prices start going up. I too was worried about taking two weeks off work so I'll see how that goes.

We're sailing the Magic for the first time in September of next year, which will leave the Dream as the last for me. That will complete the grand slam for my wife since she sailed the Dream with one of our kids a couple of years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter