Goal to Sail on all Four Ships

I'm sure there are many around that have traveled on all four of Disneys ships. I have a personal goal to travel on the four main ships Disney provides. (I want to travel on the new three coming out too!)
You reference "the four main ships". This begs the question: What are the non-main ships? And, why don't you want to sail on them? :confused3

MUN

I've sailed the Wonder more than any other ship since I live on the west coast. If your budget for an Alaska cruise is a concern I would recommend one of the reposition cruises which is either four or five days and maybe adding a trip to Disneyland as well. Good luck reaching your gland slam goal.

I'm scheduled to do the Wonder on a Southern Caribbean cruise in January. The price was good and I am excited about the ports. I just hope it still happens after all of the hurricane destruction. I will finish my grand slam next June with a Mediterranean cruise on the Magic.

You're not being silly! That's my goal too (I just need the Wonder, before the new ships come out)

That was one of our goals as well. We started off with a 4day Dream cruise in 2013 to see if we liked it. And of course we did. So then Mom had always wanted to do an Alaska Cruise so our next cruise was an Aug 2015 Wonder cruise. Then we were thinking about the Panama Canal cruise but when they announced the NY Cruises for 2016 we jumped on that because at the time they had not done NY cruises since 2013 and were doing Panama every year. So we did a NY Magic cruise north to Canada in Oct 2016. Knowing then that we had been on 3 of the 4 ships we specifically put off the Panama Canal cruise again in order to schedule a Fantasy cruise to complete the Grand Slam. So now we are set to be on the Oct 21 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean "Mystery Cruise". Unlike many other we did not choose the Eastern specifically for the islands involved but because the Eastern had three sea days and the Western only had two. So we are still looking forward to our trip on the Fantasy to complete the Grand Slam.

Our first cruise was a 3-night Bahamian New Year's cruise on the Magic. We followed that up with an Eastern Caribbean Merrytime Fantasy cruise the next year. Now we are looking forward to sailing the Wonder to Alaska in June. We want to sail the Dream after that, because we love the Dream-class ships and prefer the Bahamas to the Caribbean.

What I think I'm going to do is to sit down with the placeholder people on my next cruise (January), and get an idea of itineraries then. I'd love to do Panama Canal, but would have to probably book it close to the release of it. More than likely I'll do a Mexican cruise or sail on her when she comes back to the East coast.
Thank you everyone for your input!

I'd like to join the Grand Slam Club but the itineraries for the Dream hold no appeal to us whatsoever. So far 2 out of 4, hoping to be on the Magic to Northern Europe in 2020. Definitely interested in trying the new ships, too! Maybe we'll get on the Dream one day, if they ever sail it anywhere else :sad2:

I'd like to join the Grand Slam Club but the itineraries for the Dream hold no appeal to us whatsoever. So far 2 out of 4, hoping to be on the Magic to Northern Europe in 2020. Definitely interested in trying the new ships, too! Maybe we'll get on the Dream one day, if they ever sail it anywhere else :sad2:
I don't like the short cruises, so what we did was book a Dream 4 night cruise followed by B2B Fantasy cruises. Made it seem like a longer cruise with a couple of nights in port (Port Canaveral/WDW) between them.

I figured that I would just hang out on the ship, and enjoy the onboard activities. But we did take a short tour in Nassau. And, of course, got off at Castaway Cay (3X for that trip).

I don't like the short cruises, so what we did was book a Dream 4 night cruise followed by B2B Fantasy cruises. Made it seem like a longer cruise with a couple of nights in port (Port Canaveral/WDW) between them.

I figured that I would just hang out on the ship, and enjoy the onboard activities. But we did take a short tour in Nassau. And, of course, got off at Castaway Cay (3X for that trip).

Uh.......yeah....that sounds fantastic :flower1::worship:

Galveston doesn't have horrible itineraries. They even have some that stop at Disney World for the day!

You reference "the four main ships". This begs the question: What are the non-main ships? And, why don't you want to sail on them? :confused3

MUN
Might they be talking about the Amway River Cruises? I'd sail them!

We will have our grand slam next week when we board the Magic on Friday. I love the smaller ships. Have been on the Wonder twice and have a third booked next June for Alaska. I really can recommend that ship for any itinerary she sails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter