God Friended Me... who's looking forward to season 2 on Sept 29th

I really enjoyed last nights episode. This show just keeps getting better and better. @Imzadi sorry I can't help you as I have CBS all access and that is how I watch it.

Haven't seen it yet either. But I have a different question you guys can answer:

How do you record this show on your DVR? Or any Sunday nite show on CBS? With the various ball games in the afternoons on CBS, a Sunday nite show can be air anytime from being on time, to 5 min late, to 75 min late. :badpc:

I had this same problem when I used to record, The Good Wife, and Madam Secretary. I have Time Warner cable. It doesn't update the programming schedule. If God Friended Me, is listed at 8pm, it starts recording at 8pm, even if the show actually starts at 9:07pm. I end up setting the DVR to record for 2 hours just to catch the 1 hour show, as I don't want to accidentally miss the end. :( (There is no way to set the recorder for just 1-1/2 hrs.) But, if I don't get to watch the show right away and 2 episodes are recorded, that's an extra (possibly) 2 hours of unneeded stuff recorded that clog up my DVR. I have other shows & movies I have saved on it and I really need those hours to record other shows. :badpc:

What do you guys do? Do you have a better way to record the Sunday nite CBS shows?
Not sure what kind of a DVR you have, Imzadi. I have a TiVo, model Roamio Plus. It will record 150 hours of HD or 1,000 hours of standard definition, or some combination of both. I do set mine for a 90 minute record for GFM due to the potential sports overlap. I can record, if I recall, 5, 10, 15 and 30 minutes longer, and then 1, 1 1/2, 2 and 3 hours longer. With the recording capacity of the TiVo I have never run into a problem. It will also record 6 channels simultaneously. As I said in the OP, I am not a weekly series junkie, so that is also part of my not having a problem. The TiVO, though an extra cost, is an excellent device. And they invented the DVR.

I have DVR through Comcast, and it works the same way - I go into the series recording options and tell it to extend the recording time. (I have the option of 3, 5, or 30 minutes over, so I choose 30 and my recording is 90 minutes for this particular 60 minute program.)

Haven't seen it yet either. But I have a different question you guys can answer:

How do you record this show on your DVR? Or any Sunday nite show on CBS? With the various ball games in the afternoons on CBS, a Sunday nite show can be air anytime from being on time, to 5 min late, to 75 min late. :badpc:

I had this same problem when I used to record, The Good Wife, and Madam Secretary. I have Time Warner cable. It doesn't update the programming schedule. If God Friended Me, is listed at 8pm, it starts recording at 8pm, even if the show actually starts at 9:07pm. I end up setting the DVR to record for 2 hours just to catch the 1 hour show, as I don't want to accidentally miss the end. :( (There is no way to set the recorder for just 1-1/2 hrs.) But, if I don't get to watch the show right away and 2 episodes are recorded, that's an extra (possibly) 2 hours of unneeded stuff recorded that clog up my DVR. I have other shows & movies I have saved on it and I really need those hours to record other shows. :badpc:

What do you guys do? Do you have a better way to record the Sunday nite CBS shows?

We watch GFM and NCIS Los Angeles and have the same issue. I just record Madam Secretary (after NCIS) and then we have the shows that we like no matter what happens, and we can just delete what we don’t need.

With the recording capacity of the TiVo I have never run into a problem. It will also record 6 channels simultaneously.

:faint: Wow! I have the cable box that came with Time Warner Cable and it can only record 2 channels at a time, and one of those, I have to be watching. :badpc: OR I can watch something I've pre-recorded while the 2 channels record. I think we only get around 40 hours to record stuff. I have 3 series recorded that I am planning to binge watch when I get around to them, and several movies. As it gets later in the season and the series stack up, like now, I only have several free hours left on the DVR, then I HAVE to watch stuff to clear my DVR. If I'm not really in the mood, it reminds me of school, being assigned to watch shows for homework, where it may be good stuff, but being forced to watch it really takes the fun out of watching. :headache:

I have DVR through Comcast, and it works the same way - I go into the series recording options and tell it to extend the recording time. (I have the option of 3, 5, or 30 minutes over, so I choose 30 and my recording is 90 minutes for this particular 60 minute program.)

Then you may be missing the ending of GFM. I think it started 41 minutes late last nite. I watched Madam Secretary, live, and it came on that much later.

We watch GFM and NCIS Los Angeles and have the same issue. I just record Madam Secretary (after NCIS) and then we have the shows that we like no matter what happens, and we can just delete what we don’t need.

Yes, I used to record GFM and Madam Secretary. But, I couldn't give up 2 extra hours each Sunday on top of the shows AND if I don't watch them that week, then I'd have 4 hours of extra stuff, over 2 weeks, that are clogging my DVR. :badpc: I finally deleted all the Madam Secretary episodes and will have to catch them On Demand - with all the commercials I can't FF through. :badpc:

Then you may be missing the ending of GFM. I think it started 41 minutes late last nite. I watched Madam Secretary, live, and it came on that much later.
I just looked. Yes, 42 minutes late. So I will have to go online to CBS and watch the end. And extend my preset GFM time to 2 hours from now on.

Yes, I used to record GFM and Madam Secretary. But, I couldn't give up 2 extra hours each Sunday on top of the shows AND if I don't watch them that week, then I'd have 4 hours of extra stuff, over 2 weeks, that are clogging my DVR. :badpc: I finally deleted all the Madam Secretary episodes and will have to catch them On Demand - with all the commercials I can't FF through. :badpc:
https://www.tivo.com/

https://www.weaknees.com/

And you can commercial skip the main network shows instantly, not just FF, usually the day after they are recorded.

Wow last nights show was good. How the writers put the dots together, but we are still left guess what will happen next.

Haven't seen it yet either.
Just finished watching it, about 40 minutes on the TiVo and about 5 or so on CBS online. Another great episode!!! Really great show. Two more episodes left this season.

So who do you all think is in charge of the God account? I think it is to easy to have Simon Hayes be behind the God Account.

We never got into Madam Secretary. I just record it when it looks like there is something on that will mess with the schedules (mostly football season). We use Apple TV on our TVs and the Channels app and their DVR, so my DVR is a laptop with a 4Gb external drive that will hold about 300 hours of recording, so space isn’t an issue :-D

So who do you all think is in charge of the God account? I think it is to easy to have Simon Hayes be behind the God Account.

I also think that is too easy, plus, if they tell us who it is, how would they continue the show? It would lose a major part of the plot. I don’t think we will find out until they decided that the show has run it’s course.

I also think that is too easy, plus, if they tell us who it is, how would they continue the show? It would lose a major part of the plot. I don’t think we will find out until they decided that the show has run it’s course.
I agree with Ron here, not for some time yet, end of next season, and only if it is a two season show.

And welcome to the dis, Ron Rico.

I agree with Ron here, not for some time yet, end of next season, and only if it is a two season show.

And welcome to the dis, Ron Rico.

Thanks! My wife and I are heading to WDW in a couple of weeks on a sort of last minute trip so I joined to learn :)

I noticed your e-mail address and location. It is rare to see another sbcglobal address any more :) We are in Batavia.

LOVE this show!! Agree that it can't be Simon Hayes. Too early to disclose - keep me guessing GFM!

Thanks! My wife and I are heading to WDW in a couple of weeks on a sort of last minute trip so I joined to learn :)

I noticed your e-mail address and location. It is rare to see another sbcglobal address any more :) We are in Batavia.
Well, enjoy your trip, neighbor. Make sure to visit the various planning boards, in the top section of the forum. Ask questions, read a lot. A wealth of information on these boards.

I'd like to get away from the sbcglobal, but too complicated to make all the changes and notifications.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm home early today and was thinking of watching it. Maybe I'll click the On Demand version instead - can't fast forward commercials that way, but it's better than missing the end!

I watched, and wow!!! - Another great episode! I loved it...

the bit at the end on the bridge. I hate when characters have to make decisions like that!

Last edited:

I agree. I wonder though, if they will ever tell us who does it? They may end it in such a way that it leaves people wondering if God could really be behind the account after all. :scratchin :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!