Going back summer of 2019... Seriously bummed that Galaxies Edge won't be open yet.

randomdisneydad

Earning My Ears
When I first heard that Galaxies Edge would be opening in 2019 the general consensus is that it would be open in May/Summer. I have children so going during the school year presents time issues even during Christmas vacation it's nuts. I'm really bummed that I will have to wait till 2020 or plan a trip for Christmas 2019. We all know Christmas time at WDW is magical excluding the crowds...

I was bummed, too, so now we are thinking about our first Christmas trip in 2019 instead. We realize the crowds will be NUTS - but we are still thinking about being part of the craziness!

SWGE at Disneyland is rumored to be opening in summer of next year; everyone is thinking May/June based on AP blocks. Maybe you could make a trip out to California next year?

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near SWGE within the first year of it opening anyway. I'd consider that a win TBH.
I'd like to see it before the morons stick bubble gum to stuff. I was blown away at the beauty of Pandora summer of 17 but when I was in the queue I noticed people had stuck gum on the rocks and thrown trash into the water WTH is wrong with people...

I'd like to see it before the morons stick bubble gum to stuff. I was blown away at the beauty of Pandora summer of 17 but when I was in the queue I noticed people had stuck gum on the rocks and thrown trash into the water WTH is wrong with people...

People are idiots and can't have nice things lol. Glad you liked Pandora, for me it was extremely underwhelming to me based on what they promised.

People are idiots and can't have nice things lol. Glad you liked Pandora, for me it was extremely underwhelming to me based on what they promised.
I agree it could have been better, seemed on the small small side but FOP was pretty good the AA in NRJ was awesome. I thought overall theme was good there are a lot of details that could be overlooked if one is not paying attention or exploring the area.

On a side note I hope SWGE is all they are saying it's going to be. I have been a Star Wars fan for 30+ years and would love to live the adventure!

I agree it could have been better, seemed on the small small side but FOP was pretty good the AA in NRJ was awesome. I thought overall theme was good there are a lot of details that could be overlooked if one is not paying attention or exploring the area.

FOP is pretty awesome. I just remember the bio-luminescent was supposed to be a big deal and they excluded it from the ground which seemed like the most exciting part. Also it just seems like a bunch of fake plants with lights on them. The floating mountains are pretty cool though.

FOP is pretty awesome. I just remember the bio-luminescent was supposed to be a big deal and they excluded it from the ground which seemed like the most exciting part. Also it just seems like a bunch of fake plants with lights on them. The floating mountains are pretty cool though.
I try to look past the plants, yes some are horribly fake but it's not like they can bio-engineer some crazy plants for the land. Idk when you went but I was there the last week of July through the first week of August 2017 and the pathways glowed. I think it was a good fit for AK. I still kind of wish they had done Beastly Kingdom a mountain and a Dragon would have been pretty cool but since some talent went to another park they kind of took that idea..

SWGE at Disneyland is rumored to be opening in summer of next year; everyone is thinking May/June based on AP blocks. Maybe you could make a trip out to California next year?
I'm not big on California... If I make it out that way to hit some Jeep trails I might just go to Disneyland, otherwise WDW is my go to park.

I was bummed, too, so now we are thinking about our first Christmas trip in 2019 instead. We realize the crowds will be NUTS - but we are still thinking about being part of the craziness!
I'm leaning towards getting a AP for me and my children Summer of 2019. A AP will allow us to tow the camper down during the summer and stay for a extended period of time (summer time is the slow season for my job) then I only need to book a room for Christmas time. Disney is so crowded for Christmas but so magical at the same time!

I was actually secretly happy that my upcoming trip will miss SWGE. If and when I go back, I'd still like to enjoy it while it is relatively new, but not with the New Crowds. AndPlusAlso, I'd like at least the option of making a reservation at the SW hotel!!!

I was actually secretly happy that my upcoming trip will miss SWGE. If and when I go back, I'd still like to enjoy it while it is relatively new, but not with the New Crowds. AndPlusAlso, I'd like at least the option of making a reservation at the SW hotel!!!
Yeah I can see your point, The SW hotel would be awesome to stay at! I hear it's going to be CRAZY expensive, although if it's all they say it's going to be it would be well worth it!!!

I'm specifically waiting until 2020 to go to GE because I don't want to deal with the crowds and any opening "bumps in the road."

I'm specifically waiting until 2020 to go to GE because I don't want to deal with the crowds and any opening "bumps in the road."
The crowds may never let up once it opens... I don't know if 2020 will be a long enough wait... Remember the normal Disnerds that want to see all of what WDW has to offer will be going there plus I believe this will draw more Star Wars nerds into the mix. Being a Disnerd and Star Wars nerd I know I'm totally ready for SWGE to open if it's as good as they are promoting I may never want to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter