Going from Resort to Resort at Night

Madi100

DIS Veteran
There have been a lot of suggestion to go to the campfire at Fort Wilderness. Is there ever a problem getting back to your resort that late in the evening. What time is the campfire?

What resort will you be staying at? When will you be going?

To go from resort to resort at night w/o your own car often requires two bus trips. First from FW to DTD and then from DTD to your resort. It can make for a long journey.

However depending on when you are going and what resort you are staying at, it could be easier for you.

Ex. FW to CR or WL - boat transportation, if MK is still open or has just recently closed for the day. This could happen on Saturdays or during seasons with longer hours.

Ex. FW to CR and then monorail to Poly or GF. Again depending on what resort and what season you are traveling.

We are going to stay at All Star Movies and we will not have a car. It sounds like a lot of fun to go and do some of the other things at different resorts. However, I don't want there to be a problem getting back to our resort.

Hi Madi-
No problem- Take the ferry boat from FW to Magic Kingdom then take the shuttle bus from MK to ASM. I am the queen of transferring buses, monorail, boats, etc.:Pinkbounc Never have a rental car.

We stayed at CBR in January, and although simple to transfer buses, and yes you can do it until very late, it can be VERY time consuming. Makes sure you give yourself lots and lots of time to get where you are going. There are no bus schedules, so there is no way of knowing how long it will take you to wait for the first bus, and then the wait for the connecting bus. If you have kids, we found it pretty tough to make it home. We went to Bomas's one evening and O'Hanas once, and BC. Although I would not give up the experience for anything it was a long time getting home.

We generally have a car so getting around is not a problem. I have done the bus hopping from resort to park to resort....or...resort to Downtown Disney to resort....and both stink. When I am without a car and want to get back to my resort from another resort, we now will get a cab. Most resorts have cabs readily available to take you so there is practically no wait. It generally will cost less than $10 and is well worth not having to deal with the bus hassle. The one time it took us almost two hours to get back to our resort lingers in my mind so if I don't have a car, I'll take a cab. I don't necessarily want to pay extra money for transportation but when I weigh it against the time I will lose, it is very well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter