Going in November 2020 - when should I book my flight reservation ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Mid November 2020
Jet Blue says booking now through September 2020
So maybe in 2 months by end of January 2020 we can book our flight.

We have not flown in years ...
When is the best time to get the price of our flight ?
Acquire a flight......
The first days the flight is available ?
When they are trying to get rid of all the seats left on the plane ?

We would like to get a Jet Blue flight Friday to the next Saturday , 11/12 - 11/21 in 2020
After NJ week (I hope they all had a blast in WDW) and before Thanksgiving crowds :)

I hope no snow, when we go, in the NE part of the USA - like the snow storm this Sunday, 12/1 to Monday 12/2 this year 2019.

If you are not going on a holiday time period, then wait, unless you are booking on Southwest. Southwest allows you to rebook, at no fee, if you flight price goes lower (granted, you will be stuck with a credit, but you don't lose money).

I just flew JetBlue to Orlando and flew back on Southwest. My trip was from 2-9 November and the best flight prices came out on 11 September (for Southwest) and 16 September for JetBlue. So 6 weeks out. I nervously watched airfare for 5 months. If I had booked early, my RT price would have been $420 versus $158.

My unscientific observation has been that prices on all airlines go down after Southwest publishes theirs. I'd wait until at least then and see what develops.

Mid November 2020
Jet Blue says booking now through September 2020
So maybe in 2 months by end of January 2020 we can book our flight.

We have not flown in years ...
When is the best time to get the price of our flight ?
Acquire a flight......
The first days the flight is available ?
When they are trying to get rid of all the seats left on the plane ?

We would like to get a Jet Blue flight Friday to the next Saturday , 11/12 - 11/21 in 2020
After NJ week (I hope they all had a blast in WDW) and before Thanksgiving crowds :)

I hope no snow, when we go, in the NE part of the USA - like the snow storm this Sunday, 12/1 to Monday 12/2 this year 2019.
I'll tell you the exact day to book to get the cheapest price. In exchange, you have to tell me the next set of winning Powerball numbers. Deal?

There are NO rules when it comes to buying airfare. Legacy airlines (Delta, United, American) will release theirs on a rolling window 330 days before the day of the flight. If I were you, I'd start stalking then. When I get a price I'm satisfied (not necessarily happy) with, I book. I don't look again.

Sometimes the cheapest airfare is when the tickets are released. Sometimes it's closer to the flight. Google flights (http://google.com/flights) can track flights and prices and notify you. There are also apps and other websites that do the same thing.

All I know is that I was looking for my usual non-stop to MCO on Southwest. In the spring I booked the vacation with Disney for November and in June I went searching for my Southwest tickets. This sole non-stop can get full so I wanted to give myself time. I thought 5 months was OK. I booked it in June for the four of us and then continued to watch it every month or so. It eventually was full and unselectable, but leading up to that time the price kept creeping up. By the time I last checked, before it was a full flight, I saved $800 (round trip) for my family of 4 by booking in June.

6-8 weeks before is typically the cheapest, but if I want a specific airline and flight time, I book sooner so I don’t miss it (normally 3-4 months out). Flight Hopper is a cool app that predicts how low the price will go and alerts you when yo buy. When you do buy, try to sit down at your computer and do so on a Tuesday afternoon. The prices trend cheaper then!

Also, one thing I noticed when stalking my airfare (which was Saturday to Saturday flights), was that Friday was never really ever a good deal. Sure it dropped when other prices dropped but it was routinely one of the most expensive days to fly.

If you haven't flown in years, if you fly on a Tuesday or Wednesday the flights are much cheaper.

We fly out on a Thursday and come back the following Saturday :)
9 day trip - works best with my DH schedule

I'm flying out on a Friday in September and the prices are about $300 round trip from LAX to MCO. Same price on Saturday so we are doing a red eye flight. So far only three airlines - Delta, United and American show nom stop flights. I'm hoping a few more will show up but if not, I guess I'll book one of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!